PDA

View Full Version : got hair trimmed, posted pic

MissPetite2010
August 25th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Well, I decided to get my hair trimmed over with. Noticeable split ends, so I figured, why should I wait any longer!?! So, back down to 24 in. Here's a posted pic with perm/curls dry. She said she wished her hair was as thick as mine. lol So, of course I'll take that as a compliment. She said it's healthy too. The perm has grown out quite a bit. http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/misspetite2010/b67f5612.jpg

Aqua Gal
August 25th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Yay for trims! I had one today too. Your hemline looks very nice.

MissPetite2010
August 25th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Yay for trims! I had one today too. Your hemline looks very nice.

thank you. :) i was going to wait until oct. or nov. before getting it trimmed, but i was in shock when i saw a few splits last night. I said it's time. lol If you don't mind me asking, how much did you trimmed? Usually I get a sweep done. She told me I should get it cut every 6-8 weeks. thumbs down on that one. i'll say between 8-12 weeks. :)

EtherealDoll
August 26th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Your hair looks very pretty!
I was also waiting to trim till November to trim but trimmed 1cm last week.

Aqua Gal
August 26th, 2012, 07:02 AM
thank you. :) i was going to wait until oct. or nov. before getting it trimmed, but i was in shock when i saw a few splits last night. I said it's time. lol If you don't mind me asking, how much did you trimmed? Usually I get a sweep done. She told me I should get it cut every 6-8 weeks. thumbs down on that one. i'll say between 8-12 weeks. :)

I've been doing 1/2 inch every 12 weeks. Sometimes I try 1/4 inch every 8 weeks.

MissPetite2010
August 26th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Your hair looks very pretty!
I was also waiting to trim till November to trim but trimmed 1cm last week.

Thank you. :) sometimes I use redken 07 for the curls. Besides using leave in conditioner, I haven't put anything in it for a couple weeks. Well, at least we can wait a while before getting hair trimmed. 12 weeks for me. :)

alexis917
August 26th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Your hair is gorgeous, if you hadn't mentioned it was permed I would've just guessed you had an interesting curl pattern!

MissPetite2010
August 26th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Your hair is gorgeous, if you hadn't mentioned it was permed I would've just guessed you had an interesting curl pattern!

Thanks :) it was a spiral perm. It's lasted longer, because my hair is naturally wavy. It was a Paul Mitchell perm. They have good products.

AcornMystic
August 26th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Very nice! Gosh I feel envy towards anyone that has hair longer than mine. :p I'm trying to hold out anymore trims until I reach APL. It's sooo hard. I outted myself for the no-trims challange in 2012 because it just became too much to bear, having rough ends and a whacky hemline. I hadn't trimmed since September of the previous year, and that was to get all the dye out of my hair. It was a salon cut by a not very gentle woman, so I think my hair needed it. You can see the blunt hemline I gave myself in my sig. Sad thing is, I'd probably be APL by now if I hadn't... I want to move into the APL to BSL thread so I can feel that much closer to BSL and, I want to be able ot get my longest layer into a bun more easily, without having to lower my bun to accomidate. Just talking about it makes me want to trim my hair, I still have damage in the slight layers you see. *facepalm* ... Back to your hair though. It's neat that you can trim and still look like you've retain much length. So pretty. ^.^

MissPetite2010
August 26th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Very nice! Gosh I feel envy towards anyone that has hair longer than mine. :p I'm trying to hold out anymore trims until I reach APL. It's sooo hard. I outted myself for the no-trims challange in 2012 because it just became too much to bear, having rough ends and a whacky hemline. I hadn't trimmed since September of the previous year, and that was to get all the dye out of my hair. It was a salon cut by a not very gentle woman, so I think my hair needed it. You can see the blunt hemline I gave myself in my sig. Sad thing is, I'd probably be APL by now if I hadn't... I want to move into the APL to BSL thread so I can feel that much closer to BSL and, I want to be able ot get my longest layer into a bun more easily, without having to lower my bun to accomidate. Just talking about it makes me want to trim my hair, I still have damage in the slight layers you see. *facepalm* ... Back to your hair though. It's neat that you can trim and still look like you've retain much length. So pretty. ^.^

thank you. :) i usually switch shampoos and conditioners. i mostly use the mane and tail shampoo. helps tremendously! i read on the back of bottle, that I think it's the conditioner that helps to achieve the longer mane. Your hair is very pretty. I like the red in the profile photo. As for trims, I read on some websites that to achieve a longer hair, is to get it trimmed every 8-12 weeks. It'll still help to achieve longer hair, and to keep ends healthy. I usually prefer 6 months. Depending on my splits. Most of the time I go to great clips, and usually I tell them exactly what I want... lol Especially if I just want a sweep trim. I know growing out hair takes a lot of patience. But I know taking hair skin and nail vitamins, has helped because of the biotin. Eating more fruits and vegetables, and scalp massages. This is the longest my hair has ever been. Hoping that it still remains just as curly when my perm is gone. I don't think i'll be getting my hair permed again... I know your hair will be in the APL range before ya know it! :)