PDA

View Full Version : Some Ren Fest Pictures (and hair-do) :)

GoldberryHair
August 25th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I loveeeeeeee Ren Fest, and I made my costume this year based on the beautiful women from Lord of the Rings, got lots of compliments and I thought I'd share with my fellow "nerds"

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/205878_10151130252208326_1372680689_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/404100_10151130256633326_1909640917_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/290586_10151130277228326_820910430_o.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/6071_10151130258173326_797562914_n.jpg

ratgirldjh
August 25th, 2012, 04:12 PM
OMG your hair is sooo amazing! :thud:

GoldberryHair
August 25th, 2012, 04:13 PM
OMG your hair is sooo amazing! :thud:

Aw!! Thank you! :o *blush*

vanillabones
August 25th, 2012, 04:20 PM
I love the pictures! Your hair and outfit are beautiful =) I've never been to a Ren Faire, I'd like to go.

Madora
August 25th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Your hair and costume are beautiful, GoldberryHair!

Loved your "Jolly Green Giant in a Bucket" fella too.

whitedove
August 25th, 2012, 04:39 PM
So pretty :agape:

Avital88
August 25th, 2012, 04:42 PM
wow,you look amazing! you did an excellent job on the costume ,hair and ears!! would love to go too myself one day

kpzra
August 25th, 2012, 04:45 PM
That looks like Holly MI, but I could be wrong. I went there a few times, and one day I'll make it to the Highland Games in Alaska.

You look beautiful, btw. Those colors look great on you and I LOVE your hair.

Nae
August 25th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Looks awesome. Wow!

palaeoqueen
August 25th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Gorgeous! I've never seen a hair colour quite like yours before, it's stunning.

GoldberryHair
August 25th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Your hair and costume are beautiful, GoldberryHair!

Loved your "Jolly Green Giant in a Bucket" fella too.

Thank you! :) Yes, he was a really funny guy; that's why I look so silly, I was laughing :)

wow,you look amazing! you did an excellent job on the costume ,hair and ears!! would love to go too myself one day

Thank you! It was kind of hard because I didn't have a pattern but I think it turned out quite nice!

That looks like Holly MI, but I could be wrong. I went there a few times, and one day I'll make it to the Highland Games in Alaska.

You look beautiful, btw. Those colors look great on you and I LOVE your hair.

Thank you! :) And yes! That IS Holly! It's a nice area, very good setting, I wish there were more evens like that around my area :(

Nae
August 25th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Thank you! :)
Thank you! :) And yes! That IS Holly! It's a nice area, very good setting, I wish there were more evens like that around my area :(

I LOVE the Holly Ren Fest!! Didn't go this year like usual, decided to shake things up and go to the one in Bristol, WI. You are right, I wish there were more in this area.

GoldberryHair
August 25th, 2012, 06:06 PM
I LOVE the Holly Ren Fest!! Didn't go this year like usual, decided to shake things up and go to the one in Bristol, WI. You are right, I wish there were more in this area.

It was really nice this year (going again in a couple weeks) BUT out of the whole summer in MI that's been so nice, it decided to be in the 90's today :( It was soooo hot and in the costume it was worse, but it was still nice. Is the one in Bristol similiar to Holly?

Nae
August 25th, 2012, 06:12 PM
It was really nice this year (going again in a couple weeks) BUT out of the whole summer in MI that's been so nice, it decided to be in the 90's today :( It was soooo hot and in the costume it was worse, but it was still nice. Is the one in Bristol similiar to Holly?

Yeah, real similar in that they both seem really established and have a lot of great talent. The Bristol one has been there for 25 years so it has a lot of nice little building and it seemed slightly larger than the Holly one but don't quote me. I enjoyed seeing some different acts. Adam "Crack" Winrich the Fire Whip guy was particularly good over there. He was amazing. Check him out on youtube!

I am sorry you were cooking in that gorgeous costume. It is unfortunate that it was so hot, the weather has been really great for Ren Fests for most of the summer, you lucky girl you, lol!

GoldberryHair
August 25th, 2012, 06:14 PM

Yeah, real similar in that they both seem really established and have a lot of great talent. The Bristol one has been there for 25 years so it has a lot of nice little building and it seemed slightly larger than the Holly one but don't quote me. I enjoyed seeing some different acts. Adam "Crack" Winrich the Fire Whip guy was particularly good over there. He was amazing. Check him out on youtube!

I am sorry you were cooking in that gorgeous costume. It is unfortunate that it was so hot, the weather has been really great for Ren Fests for most of the summer, you lucky girl you, lol!

Ooh! I'll have to check him out, they had another fire guy today (can't remember his name...pyro gyro...hmm.) but it was still a good day!

Chimom79
August 25th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Beautiful hair. Love it!

Arakazi
August 25th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Wow! I always love the idea of Ren Faire's/Fests. I wish we had them in NZ! I love your costume it's beautiful and your hair! :D

ravenheather
August 25th, 2012, 07:43 PM
You truly look like a fairy princess.

MissCoco
August 25th, 2012, 08:08 PM
:thud: You and your hair look absolutely gorgeous! So much like an elf or fairy, or both! :p Looks like part of a Lord of the Rings remake, too :D

xoxophelia
August 25th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Can we has more pictures? :).. pretty hair and costume!

Tisiloves
August 25th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Beautiful, I would never have thought of doing corset braids as a half up. :flower:

murkypon
August 25th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I literally had no idea that the tree you were hugging was a person until I saw someone else comment on that. Great costumes--both of you.

Amorice
August 25th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Very pretty! Love the ears!

I can't wait for my Renn Faire trip this year! I might finally retire the ol' pirate look and opt for a more princess-y look with Elizabethan Hair Taping, now that I know how to do it.

Teazel
August 25th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Beautiful! Love the last picture, especially. :lol:

Aqua Gal
August 25th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I love what you did with the ribbon. The whole package came together wonderfully...looks amazing!

hellucy
August 26th, 2012, 05:17 AM
WOW :agape: Your costume and hair are gorgeous, amazing & stunning!

Lucky
August 26th, 2012, 06:48 AM
I love the ribbon in your hair and your dress is so pretty! I hope you had a good time :)

remote-spook
August 26th, 2012, 07:32 AM
You did an amazing job! And, of course your hair is spectacular!

Tristelle
August 26th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Wow, your hair and costume are amazing !
And I've always hair with that particular shade of gold, it's beautiful.

jacqueline101
August 26th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Your hair is amazing.

Lostsoule77
August 26th, 2012, 10:27 AM
You looked gorgeous! I love the costume, hair, everything. :D

I'm so excited! I'm going to my first ren faire next month! I always think they are in the fall so I always miss it. Last year I found out when it was, but couldn't go because I was getting married. Tried to convince DH to go there the day after the wedding, but he was too tired. LOL He's been once before. This year I AM GOING! Told him he'll have to deal while I get my hair braided too.

Don't mean to hijack your thread. Just that I really can't wait and this just brought it up again. :D
Sorry & please proceed with the previous programming. ;)

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Wow, you hair is amazing! I would die of joy if my hair looked like that! And LOVE the costume. I am a huge LOTR fan!

Kizuna
August 26th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Wow, your hair and costume are great!
I love the corset braid you've made, but also I love the color of your hair! I wish my hair were as godlen as yours!

piffyanne
August 26th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Haha, I thought "Ooooooh! her hair looks like Goldberry's does in my imagination!!!" and then I saw your screenname!!!!! :cheese:

Wonderful pictures, and I love that your hair matches the dress! :crush:

umbrellabones
August 26th, 2012, 03:35 PM
gorgeous!! what an awesome costume. and hair:3 I'm going to ren fest in a week and i'm so excited:DD

Ravenwind
August 26th, 2012, 03:37 PM
So pretty! That looks like fun.

Alvrodul
August 26th, 2012, 03:40 PM
What a gorgeous hairstyle and gown! :crush:

akilina
August 26th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Ahh so awesome. When I was a little girl I went with my mom on a school trip to a huge huge Renaissance fair! It was amazing. She made us matching costumes and it was just loads of fun.
Since then I went to one in a town thats like 15 minutes away a few times but I think I missed it this year :(
I don't even know if they had it..but either way, I want to go to one again so badly now that I am older.
I would love to have my hair braided at one, and drink a bunch of beer there! :]

StephanieP3
August 26th, 2012, 05:38 PM
You really look awesome! Definitely jealous!

lapushka
August 26th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Amazing hair & costume! :)

heidi w.
August 26th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Neato Mosquito!!

Thank you for sharing!!

heidi w.