PDA

View Full Version : Hair stick diameter and texture vs hair texture

Crybb
August 25th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I've been experimenting with different materials for hair sticks and also working on the texture of my hair. I'm at APL, 2a/b, medium coarse (haven't updated my profile yet). Last week I managed to get my hair pretty soft, which I thought was good, but then I discovered that I was having a hard time with most hair sticks, except my least favorites, which are cheap wood and not very smooth. The thin wire hairstick was not working at all.

Sooo... My question, if you have smooth hair do you need a rough texture (and maybe large diameter) hair stick? Does your hair need to be rough to hold a wire hair stick?

Thanks!:confused:

Demi-Plum
August 25th, 2012, 04:11 PM
It depends. I have thin/fine hair and it's a 1b/c. I use all kinds and diameters of hair sticks. There are some I'm more careful with than others, my glass one I don't use unless I have a hair tie and bobbies in with it, but I have wood, plastic, and bone that I use without worry. It depends on the bun/style and how tight it is. Depending on the style I will use bobbies to help hold.

auburntressed
August 25th, 2012, 04:16 PM
The only hairsticks I have right now are a couple of dymondwood ketylos and an acrylic ketylo. The acrylic one is smoother, I think. Both work equally well for me. My hair has a bit of sticking power even when it feels ridiculously soft and slippery through my fingers. I have used metal crochet hooks as well and had no problem with them.