PDA

View Full Version : Toddler with fine ringlets

Fantak
August 25th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Hello :)

I have a toddler with baby fine hair that curls in ringlet! They spiral both clock wise and anti clockwise and always look messy and unruly.

I'm sure there's something that I could do to make the ringlets less frizzy and less messy.

Suggestions are most welcome :)

lapushka
August 25th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Hello :)

I have a toddler with baby fine hair that curls in ringlet! They spiral both clock wise and anti clockwise and always look messy and unruly.

I'm sure there's something that I could do to make the ringlets less frizzy and less messy.

Suggestions are most welcome :)

Try using the curly girl method on him or her. Gentle washing with either a sulfate free shampoo or with conditioner, gently combing while wet, then leaving conditioner in for moisture, and not touching the hair while it dries. Most importantly: not combing or especially brushing when dry.

Madora
August 25th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Perhaps a drop of baby oil (aka mineral oil) to help tame the frizzies.

Here's Ktani's article:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=225

Johnson and Johnson makes a mineral oil (baby oil) that would be ideal. It contains only MO plus a fragrance. MO should be used alone (no additives in it) for best results.

Anapeli
August 25th, 2012, 11:11 AM
My daughter has the same hair and she is now 9. I would wash her/his hair, comb, Wait till it dries and use a little coconut oil to define the hair.

Fantak
August 26th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Will try the oil on wet hair method :) if that doesn't work will try the curly girl method since that seems a little more complicated!

Thank you everyone for your help :D

ravenheather
August 26th, 2012, 08:46 AM
My dd1 has this type of hair. The trick is getting them to not touch their hair while it dries. It's working better now that she's 4. I wet her hair and use a leave in. It still ends up messy as she plays, but that's just her.

heidi w.
August 26th, 2012, 09:19 AM
A toddler does not have their adult hair until around age 7-10, so all the other stuff you and I do may not work well on little children. Also, you have to be exceedingly careful applying any kind of oils to children's scalps as they can have allergic reactions. It's best to skin patch test something before rubbing it over a lot of the skin such as the scalp skin. IF that becomes infected, that's a real mess. Be very careful.

heiid w.

ravenheather
August 26th, 2012, 09:22 AM
I use toadstool leave in (on etsy) on the length only. Or sometimes just a little panacea on the ends.

Fantak
August 26th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the warning, was only planning to use a drop on the 'length' (not really much length since it spirals around her forhead!)