PDA

View Full Version : Overnight oiling on damp or dry hair?

Curlsgirl
August 8th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I have been meaning to try this but wondered since my hair does much better with oil on damp hair (tends to get crunchy on dry hair) if it would be better to do a heavy overnight oiling on damp or dry hair? I don't really like sleeping with damp hair but if it would be better I guess I could. Thoughts?

Islandgrrl
August 8th, 2008, 11:33 AM
When I oil overnight I always do it on damp hair. When I do it on dry hair it seems that my hair just stays dry. When I do it with damp hair, my hair feels really soft and nice when I CO the oil out. I'm not crazy about sleeping w/damp hair either. But every once in a while it does wonders for my hair, which tends to be dry and a little frizzy otherwise.

burns_erin
August 8th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I almost always oil damp hair and sleep with it damp. Otherwise my hair gets piecey and still seems dry yet greasy.

AJoifulNoise
August 8th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I tend to mix a little oil and a little water in my palm then put it on my hair. I repeat the process until all of my hair is slightly damp/oily. So, I'd say damp.

bunnii
August 8th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I always oil my hair damp overnight, makes it softer.

Curlsgirl
August 8th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Maybe I could oil on damp hair from the ears down and then clip it on top of my head. That might work!

ChloeDharma
August 8th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Given your hair reacted badly to oiling it dry, i'd try to work out a way to do it on damp hair. Could you somehow experiment and try to dampen it as little as possible before oiling until you find the minimum your hair needs?

AJoifulNoise
August 8th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Ah, yes, forgot to mention that I only oil from the ears down. Oils and my scalp do not get along. :slap:

Curlsgirl
August 8th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Ah, yes, forgot to mention that I only oil from the ears down. Oils and my scalp do not get along. :slap:

Me either!!! I don't put conditioner on my scalp either!