PDA

View Full Version : is this how you get cones out of your hair for good

sss
August 25th, 2012, 09:06 AM
You use a shampoo that has sls in it and then follow up with a cone free condtioner:confused: is that how you get rid of cones in your hair.

Madora
August 25th, 2012, 09:11 AM
To rid your hair of all buildup, try a clarifying shampoo.

Neutrogena Anti-Residue Clarifying shampoo has had good reviews here (see the Reviews section, grey menu bar above).

After you have clarified your hair, be sure to condition it.

GracieRae
August 25th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Be sure to use a 'clarifying' shampoo, I run it down the length gently too. Yep then a cone free conditioner :)

frogs
August 25th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I got rid of all the cones with a shampoo that had SLS in it. Make sure the shampoo doesnt have cones in it either! :)

sss
August 25th, 2012, 10:11 AM
is the ingredients in the Neutrogena Anti-Residue Clarifying shampoo good.

Purified Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocomide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Fragrance.

Aredhel77
August 25th, 2012, 10:17 AM
is the ingredients in the Neutrogena Anti-Residue Clarifying shampoo good.

Purified Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocomide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Fragrance.

Yes, should be fine - there's no cones in there if that's what concerns you :flower:

Ingredients that are silicones usually have names ending in -Cone, -Conol or -Xane :)

sss
August 25th, 2012, 10:37 AM
ok thanks but I was wondering can something like jessicurl shampoo get rid of cones as-well or does it have to be clarifying?

jessi curl shampoo (Hair Cleansing Cream) INGREDIENTS- Water (Aqua), Decyl Polyglucose, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Vegetable Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

truepeacenik
August 25th, 2012, 11:22 AM
If I recall Luxepiggy's writings correctly, sls/standard shampoo will get the cones out. Some cones are easier to clean off than others, so, I'm thinking two shampoos with sls and a cone free conditioner, and most importantly, no shine or frizz serums, etc, that contain cones.
Do you already own the jesicurl?
I'd use whatever sls containing but cone free stuff you already have.

pepperminttea
August 25th, 2012, 11:33 AM
The Jessicurl looks like it'd be fine for a regular shampoo, but I'd think you'd need something stronger like the Neutrogena one to get rid of all your build-up. Use a really heavy 'cone-free conditioner afterwards, and expect your hair to be dry for a little while until it recovers. :)

PeaceTeaRules
August 25th, 2012, 12:07 PM
My reply might not go here :oops: but if you didn't want to mess with shampoos for clarifying, you could use a teaspoon of BS and 250 Ml of water and then follow up with 1 capful(or teaspoon) of ACV for conditioning... This method is clarifying as well... :D

Just a thought if you wanted to try no poo for a bit... :blush:

Isilme
August 25th, 2012, 12:11 PM
There is really no need for fancy shampoos, if it contains SLS and no cones it is fine for cone removal. As others have said you might need two shampoos but if you use only shampoos without cones you should be cone free from latest the second wash.

sss
August 25th, 2012, 01:42 PM
thanks everyone and ya I have ordered jessi curl like a couple of days ago so it should arrive soon. I can't wait to use it. Also the shampoos I have do have sls in them, but contain cones in them as-well so I was wondering I see someone mention that baking soda as a shampoo and apple cinder vinegar as conditioner would this get rid of the cones? can anyone confirm this?

kitcatsmeow
August 25th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I used baking soda mixed with my sls free poo. done and done!

sss
August 25th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the tip cat I will add baking soda to my shampoo just to confirm that my hair will be free of cones. Also I just found a mane 'n tail shampoo lying around my house and was wondering is that fine to remove cone build-up?

ingredients are are Water Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Cocamidopropyl Betaine Cocamide DEA Glycol Distearate Sodium Chloride Propylene Glycol Fragrance Hydrolyzed Collagen Citric Acid Methylchloroisothiazolinone/Methylisothiazolinone Butylphenyl Methylpropional

sss
August 26th, 2012, 09:18 AM
really nothing...thanks for the help and the tips everyone any-ways.

pepperminttea
August 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
The Mane and Tail does have protein, so it depends how your hair reacts to that.

sss
August 26th, 2012, 11:33 AM
so bottom line I am going to be getting a clarifying shampoo which is Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo that was suggested by people, can I follow up with jessi-curl conditioner, will this routine be fine for getting the cones out of my hair?

lapushka
August 26th, 2012, 12:34 PM
so bottom line I am going to be getting a clarifying shampoo which is Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo that was suggested by people, can I follow up with jessi-curl conditioner, will this routine be fine for getting the cones out of my hair?

Like it was said a few times, a regular sl(e)s shampoo without cones will do just fine.

pepperminttea
August 26th, 2012, 01:02 PM

Yup. You shouldn't need to do it more than once, so it needn't become a routine. :) Just keep the Neutrogena in the back of the cupboard for clarifying when you feel like your hair needs it.