PDA

View Full Version : Missing my length...

julliams
August 25th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I thought I was completely ok with it (recently losing 5 inches in a salon visit) but tonight I really missed my length. I did my normal flexi-rod curls and my almost waist-length hair shot up to APL - quite a shock from tailbone length that shot up to waist.

I'm also a little perplexed by my cut. Because it was cut dry and kind of just chopped into, there is no real hemline. It's just kind of endy. I'm thinking that next time I'm just going to get the standard long layered cut I normally get.

Sometimes doing something like this helps to establish what you really want for yourself. At least I know that getting back to where I was is only about 8 months away.

Back to the drawing board.

Falcore
August 25th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Oh, bummer you're not happy with it. At least you know what you want to do now. Unfortunately most of us learn the hard way. I bleached my hair and straightened it and didn't realise how baaaaad it looked til I saw a photo of myself!

8 months is not long. Hang in there :)

momoftwo708
August 25th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I feel your pain but I had to chop off my hair it wasawful,at first I did two inches
Then I figure whatever I will chop another inch because my layers were so uneven.
Now I have a nice thick hemline and hoping to keep it up and hoping my hair grows to bsl for Christmas! I also miss my Long hair it was pass wsl, but when I think and also see other ladies who don't have much hair , I realize I should be thankful.
Best of luck

kitekats
August 25th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I chopped my hair recently too, and only an inch, but I'm missing it already...

BrightEyes
August 25th, 2012, 09:00 AM
I recently chopped my hair too, from just past shoulder to chin length and added more layers. The next day I realized just how badly I do want long hair. And how I need to do what I want with my hair, not what will make others (aka, husband) happy.

Julliams, your hair is so beautiful. Whether it's shorter or longer it is stunning. But I understand missing the length.

izzybel
August 25th, 2012, 12:26 PM
In May I chopped a foot off. It wasn't until a couple weeks ago that I wanted it back!

long&blonde
August 25th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Julliams,
I went from bcl to allmost waist at a salon in May.
I so identify with what you are saying.
For days I would notice, and then hate, a new thing about the trim.
Blunt ends not as attractive on 2c, miss the weight of it on my very low back, dislike my shorter braid/ponytail..
The good part being, in 3 months you get enough new growth that it calms you back down.

dulce
August 25th, 2012, 02:05 PM
I chopped from hip to waist to improve my hem,I miss the swish I got from my hip length loose hair when I walked,oh well it'll grow.

julliams
August 25th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Yes I think it is that swish thing. I would sit down and feel my hair brushing my hip and it was a constant reminder that it was long. Now I'm checking that it's not shorter than I think it is. Thankfully when I look in the mirror, it's always longer than I'm imagining.

I actually didn't think I would feel this way about it. I thought I had a pretty blase attitude about my hair and that it wouldn't matter either way to me. Unfortunately the feelings I am having are tied to the fact that I have started a weight loss program, have been doing the 6 days a week of exercise and nothing is budging on the scales. I know it's my food - I know it, I know it. I think this is probably more the issue than my hair. Anyway - woe is me right?

I need to remember to just enjoy it at any length. Yes, that's what I need to remember.

julliams
August 25th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Julliams,
I went from bcl to allmost waist at a salon in May.
I so identify with what you are saying.
For days I would notice, and then hate, a new thing about the trim.
Blunt ends not as attractive on 2c, miss the weight of it on my very low back, dislike my shorter braid/ponytail..
The good part being, in 3 months you get enough new growth that it calms you back down.

This is exactly how I feel except that my ends are really endy in a not so good way. With some length my natural V shape should grow back in and it will be all good - thanks!