PDA

View Full Version : New stuff

AutumnLocks
August 24th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Since I just joined the community in May I've been reading a lot of ideas here for hair care. So, I decided today was the day for me to try something new and see how it worked for me.
So, I had some ACV on hand. The all natural kind with the "mother". The really good healthy kind that has all the enzymes intact. I made up a 1 liter bottle of warm water and added two caps full to it. Then, I took another 1 liter bottle and filled it with warm water and added a small amount of my husbands dandruff shampoo. When I say a small amount I mean like a teaspoon full. I shook that up and got into the shower. The first thing I did was to use the vinegar rince. I poured that over my hair and worked it in gently so that all my hair was saturated. Then I poured about half of the poo mix over my hair and very gently massaged my scalp and worked it down the length. After that was completely rinsed out I used Vo5 Kiwi conditioner and lots of it. I let that sit on my hair while I finished the rest of my showery things. I then rinsed it out thouroughly and wrapped my hair in a towel to dry. I let it sit in the towel for probably an hour. When I took it down it felt really nice. But, the real test is when it's dry. I just have to say that my hair looks so good! I am realy impressed with the results I got.
Now, my question is this....how often should I do the ACV treatment? I had been using Fructis Pure Clean shampoo and my hair seemed to be tolerating it well. But, I was getting a bit of an itchy scalp and my ends seemed to be crunchy and I had some buildup. My ends are no longer crunchy but rather look smooth and shiny like the rest of my head...I think this is :magic:magic!!

PetuniaBlossom
August 24th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I had not heard of using a vinegar rinse before shampoo/conditioner. I'm pretty new to this forum myself, so I'll just sit back and see what the experts say.

Kelikea
August 24th, 2012, 06:13 PM
I use vinegar rinse after S & C. And you don't have to get the healthy kind with "mother", that is a health benefit for your insides. Plain distilled white vinegar is usually best for hair, acv can leave a darker coating on your hair after a while. Just check the residue it leaves on the applicator bottle after a while, that would be on your hair. I like to use the vinegar rinse last to ensure that all product is rinsed completely off of my scalp, leaving it pH balanced (slightly acidic) and healthy. Leaving residue of any product on my scalp is just asking for an itchy, flaky mess.

ravenheather
August 24th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I use it after as well.

DinaAG
August 24th, 2012, 06:19 PM
i use it after every time i shampoo and condition my hair even if i only wash it with the conditioner i use it too or i will have a dandruff immediately