PDA

View Full Version : Random coarse hairs in a fine haired head.??

hime_daruma_88
August 24th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I've got light brown fine, fragile hair type. I took a closer look at the strands though, and noticed that there are some quite coarse, darker hairs here and there. More at the nape area, but I can find them all around my head. They are almost like wire, and don't break off easily or stretch when I pull them. It made me wonder why do I have them? Some hairs seem to be much stronger at the roots, like 10cm and then it turns more stretchy and weak.
Could this mean that I've gotten more protein in my diet and it has made hair grow stronger? Or is it because hair worns out or loses its strength as it gets longer..? Could this be due to diet, or just random thing... Anyone else experienced this? Tell me your thoughts! :)

cooklaezo13
August 24th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I think it's just random. I've always had a mix of fine, medium and coarse strands in my hair. Most of mine are medium or coarse, however.

misspurdy06
August 24th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I found a couple of those in my hair too.My hair is on the coarse side or medium but I found a few hairs that are as coarse as my grandma's hair. Wiry.

Odd but I can only hope the rest of my hair starts to grow out like that.

Charybdis
August 24th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Yes, a lot of people have a mixture. My hairs are mostly medium in texture, but I have a few coarse hairs (which tend to be straighter) and some fine hairs (which tend to be curlier).

Talula
August 24th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I get the dark, wiry hairs mixed in with my regular hair, too. Seems like I've found more as I get older. I was just playing with one the other day that I had shed.... kept running my fingers up & down it in fascination at the coarse & sometimes bumpy feel to it. Plus, this one was only coarse & wiry at the top half, or maybe two-thirds, then the bottom of it was like my normal hair. I was wishing I had a magnifying glass to examine the change where it switched from coarse to normal.

And lately, I've noticed when I smooth back the top of my head, I'll feel some of the coarse ones standing out from the smooth ones, & go searching for them & occasionally pull one out. But I think I have too many now to feel comfortable plucking them all!