PDA

View Full Version : Sock-bun without hair elastics tutorial

frogs
August 24th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Hey!

As you might know, there are two kinds of sock-buns.
1. the rolled up sock bun and
2. the one where you have your hair in a ponytail and spread it around the outside of a sock and then secure it with an elastic- bun.

The rolled up sock bun has never worked for me, but the other one i like very much, and this morning i worked out a way to do it without the hair elastics (i dont like using them because it feels like they cause a lot of damage.)

You will need:

1 hair elastic (it wont be in your hair longer then a couple of seconds, though!)
Some of bobby pins
1 cut of and rolled up sock

1.You start of with putting your hair in a very tight ponytail with the elastic.

2. After that, you take some of the bobby pins and pin around the shaft of your ponytail, "outside" of your hair elastic but as close to it as you can get!

3. You put your sock around your ponytail.

4. You remove the hair elastic.

5. You spread out your hair around the sock so that it looks even and the sock is completely covered.

6. Instead of using an elastic to hold it in place you tuck your ends in under the bun/sock so that they are not showing.

7. Secure your ends and keep them in place with some bobby pins! Done!

I hope that you found this useful! I wear this style very often as it feels like its not damaging my hair very much!