PDA

View Full Version : success with no shampooing with fine and thin hair?

marlb91
August 24th, 2012, 10:13 AM
the only people i know who can pull off not shampooing their hair are people with thick, curly hair because even if their hair is a little straggly they have so much of it they dont look so bad! soo has anyone been successful in having thin hair that they dont shampoo?

Anje
August 24th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I've made it work, particularly with CO washing with a light conditioner (typically Suave Aloe and Waterlily). My hair's not exceedingly thin, but at 2.5" circumference I'm just barely in the ii range.

Katze
August 24th, 2012, 11:44 AM
My hair isn't thin except on the ends, though it is mostly fine, and WO actually seems to make my ends hang better and look thicker.

I have been WOing every 3-4 days and CWCing a couple times a month. HOwever, my hair is wavy, so the extra moisture from WO may be what my hair needs and not what straighter hair might need...(your mileage may vary)... ;)

renia22
August 24th, 2012, 11:54 AM
the only people i know who can pull off not shampooing their hair are people with thick, curly hair because even if their hair is a little straggly they have so much of it they dont look so bad! soo has anyone been successful in having thin hair that they dont shampoo?

Nope, if I don't wash my hair daily it looks disgusting. The most I have been able to do is switch to a gentler shampoo, or wash with water only the second day if I have no where to go. My hair & scalp freak out from CO washing (only once in a while). I'd love to hear what responses you get, too.

faithsdaisy421
August 24th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Before I had a surgery that totally changed the texture of my hair (it is funny what hormones do...) I had a lot of fine textured hair. CO worked well for my hair, if I made sure to use a watered down version of a light conditioner (suave coconut) and a good thick conditioner on my ends.

I say try it! You can always go back to a standby that you know works, if needed.

Aqua Gal
August 24th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I'm just barely a ii also and I have great success with CO. It might be worth a try. Just be mindful of choosing light, cone free products for the scalp. You can get some great tips on the CO thread.