PDA

View Full Version : good hair growth or not??

littlemiss
March 16th, 2008, 01:50 PM
ok I joined the LHC in oct 2007 and never measure to dec 2007 where I measured in at 26inches now at march 2008 I measured in at 27inches can some one tell me is this average growth or not?? Iv had one small trim in that time.

Aibell77
March 16th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Hi,
I will assume a few things before my answer:
- you measured on the first of December and the first of March
- you measured your hair from your hemline to your back

That means you have grown 1 inch in 3 months, which is 0,333 inches (0,84 cm) per month. This is I think a little below the average of 0,33 inches per month. Although some say that 0,5 inches is the average... vitamins or changing your food can make a little difference, but maybe this is your max growth potential. Just try different things and keep measuring.

Or, some would say...put it in a bun and before you know it's longer... :)

Hope it helps!

Silver & Gold
March 16th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Average growth is roughly 1/2 inch per month. So it sounds as if your growth is about average. But any individual's average will change according to the season. Many people find that their hair grows slower in the winter months and faster in the summer months.

Feisty Redhead
March 16th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I don't really think the tape measure is very accurate, especially not if your hair is wavy or curly. The pattern of waves (and curls) changes daily and some days can be tighter (so you'd get a smaller number on the tape measure) and other days they're looser (resulting in a bigger number) so it's hard to judge by numbers that way. My hair can't decide if it wants to be curly, straight, or wavy. The numbers I could pull from the tape measure can be vastly different depending on how straight/wavy/curly my hair decides to be on a given day. I prefer not to worry about a tape measure, I just focus on where, on most days, my hair hits my body.

spidermom
March 16th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I don't think you can determine average growth by looking at only a few months. Many of us grow in stalls and spurts.

I think that you have to look at a whole year to come close to determining your average growth rate. Even then, it might not mean much. For example, I used to have pictures taken once per year on the same date. One disappointing year, it looked like my hair grew maybe 3 inches. Another year, it seemed to grow 8 or 9 inches.

Do your best to take care of it and don't obsess too much. It will grow. That's what hair does.

florenonite
March 16th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I've fallen out with my tape measure, because she's telling me my hair hasn't grown since December or January. She lies! Average growth is about 1/2 inch per month, so what you've got seems decent enough.