PDA

View Full Version : Extra virgin olive oil.

Tania
August 23rd, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone. Quick question. I feel my hair on the top of my haid has thinned out. My friends and family say I'm crazy. It has also been itchy with slight burning especially if I scratch it. Sooooooo my question is will applying extra virgin olive oil help grow the hair back and moisturizer my scalp. Thanks in advance.

SilverMcFly17
August 23rd, 2012, 08:22 PM
Castor oil is recommended to regrow hair. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18265 There's the thread on that. As far as the itchy burn, I would say use a few drops of tea tree oil with your castor oil. Something's going on up there.

Tania
August 23rd, 2012, 08:24 PM
Cool thanks. Someone told me that tea tree oil might dry my hair so I was afraid to use it. What do you no about aragan oil.

SilverMcFly17
August 23rd, 2012, 08:52 PM
Not too much. Tea tree isn't drying per se. It is an antibacterial and anti fungal. If you're concerned with drying but the itching is driving you nuts I would suggest an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse as the last thing you do before you get out of the shower. I do mine with 1/4cup Apple cider vinegar and 1quart water. Apple cider vinegar is also an antibacterial. Should really help.

Tania
August 23rd, 2012, 08:54 PM
Oh wow. Ok I'm going to try that. I'm new here so I'm trying to learn a lot at once lol. Does the acv half to be organic

Rufflebutt
August 23rd, 2012, 09:03 PM
I can't get enough EVOO. I use it both to clean my face and remove my makeup. Plus I use it on my hair as both a leave-in and for deep oil treatments. I love it love it looooove it!

Tania
August 23rd, 2012, 09:05 PM
Ya I've heard so many great things about it. I just don't no if I'm not use too not seeing my hair parted since I have it up but I really do feel like I've lost some hair up top and I want to get it back lol.

SilverMcFly17
August 23rd, 2012, 09:08 PM
I don't use organic. I've not seen enough claims of organic VS non to make it worth it for me. If I were drinking it, then yes. I would use organic. But for killing or helping or healing whatever is making your scalp itch, I would think just a jug of regular ACV will work.

Tania
August 23rd, 2012, 09:10 PM
Ok sounds good to me. I'm going to try it. I'll let u no how it worked

SilverMcFly17
August 23rd, 2012, 09:26 PM
Do keep me posted. I'm very interested. You can private message me too if you like. :D good luck!

Tania
August 23rd, 2012, 09:28 PM
Ok. How do I private message. Sorry I'm new here

SilverMcFly17
August 23rd, 2012, 09:33 PM
Click on my name and then click send e mail. Over there<<<<<<< on the left. It took me forever to figure this site out too.

Tania
August 23rd, 2012, 09:36 PM
When I clicked on your name it only gave me 3 options and sending an email wasn't one of them. Helppppp lol. Hey what's all this Monistat cream talk going on. Post on here r saying it regrets hair and grows it faster.

SilverMcFly17
August 23rd, 2012, 10:09 PM
I can't say whether it works more than castor oil or not. I do know that the main ingredient in the Monistat is castor oil. Either or is worth a shot. I like just plain old castor oil because if you buy if from the laxative department at the store it's around 3 or 4 bucks where as Monistat is $15 when I checked the other day.

You are probably too new to send e mails. As you progress and comment on posts you will be unlocked and have more control.

Tania
August 23rd, 2012, 10:12 PM
Ohhhh ok. That's probably why I can't do certain things. I did add u as a contact though. Lol. Well keep in touch with me. I'm still learning how to find things around here so I'll probably loose you lol. Story of my life.