PDA

View Full Version : My hair is greasy, gummy when wet, shedding..

based goddess
August 23rd, 2012, 04:28 PM
And idea to what could be wrong?

I shampooed, put in Nexxus Emergency Reconstructor (I recently bleached my hair), then conditioned all of my hair. I was planning to only condition the length, but it would've been IMPOSSIBLE to detangle from the roots to the length without some conditioner on it.

Now my hair just got blow dried, and it's SO greasy all over.

This has never happened to me before, my hair takes exactly 1 week to get greasy. It can't be the conditioner, I've been using it for a long time and never encountered this problem with it before now.

Madora
August 23rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
And idea to what could be wrong?

I shampooed, put in Nexxus Emergency Reconstructor (I recently bleached my hair), then conditioned all of my hair. I was planning to only condition the length, but it would've been IMPOSSIBLE to detangle from the roots to the length without some conditioner on it.

Now my hair just got blow dried, and it's SO greasy all over.

Sounds like your products are warring with each other and your hair is coated with too much product.

Try clarifying with a clarifying shampoo, then condition (keep it simple).

Also, it could be your Nexxus product should be used alone and not combined with another conditioner.

Plain mineral oil is a great detangler and you only need a few drops. Doesn't need to be washed out either. Works best on hair that has been clarified first, but you can also use it on damp hair and dry hair as well.

akilina
August 23rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
I totally agree with Madora about the products going to war with eachother.

Clarifying sounds like a great idea, followed by simple shampoo and condish.

The words gummy make me think you may need a bit of protein :) Or perhaps you have too much moisture.

Yozhik
August 23rd, 2012, 04:48 PM
Gummy also made me think you might need a protein treatment after the bleaching.

spirals
August 23rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
I think Madora's right. I have at times tried to mix products and ended up with a cottage-cheese-like substance. Some ingredients don't mix.

Delila
August 23rd, 2012, 08:05 PM
Emergencee IS a protein treatment, though, isn't it?

When I used it, I'd always follow that with a really moisturizing conditioner, then a porosity control conditioner, then a hot oil treatment. (had this whole routine I used to do)

I don't remember having the oiliness issue you mention though.

As others have said, maybe some of your product combinations are in conflict?

Rufflebutt
August 23rd, 2012, 09:41 PM
The gumminess is most likely from the bleaching. Extremely damaged hair tends to turn into complete mush when it's wet.

As for the greasiness, it could probably be buildup from using too much conditioner to combat the detangling issue.

Asprettyasme
August 23rd, 2012, 09:59 PM
#error

#An error occurred.