PDA

View Full Version : Wow my thickness has more than doubled!

ChloeDharma
August 8th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Ok a positive thread about my hair for a change......i just measured my ponytail circumference......about 3 times because i couldn't believe it.....it's gone up by about 150%!!!
I say it like that to add to the impressiveness of it lol.....When my hairloss was at it's worst my circumference was about san inch.....now it's nearly 2.5 inches. I'm so chuffed! My sisters both commented yesterday that they thought my hair was definately looking thicker than it was, and a member here said the same thing compared to last years meet....
The other good thing is it means now all my hair is virgin again so even though i've lost alot of length, i've actually reached one of my major goals.
Now i have to think of why this has happened.....it might just be that it's naturally regrown....but i have also been much more regular with the scalp massages, although there was a couple of months that i haven't been. I've also been using the Bhringraj oil......and doing herb washes, although mixed in with CO washing.
But anyway, i had to share!
Oh i also got it cut yesterday....i had decided not to but my sisters convinced me.....i thought it had been taken up to bra strap length....but i wasn't actually wearing a bra when she cut it and now realise its a bit above bra strap, maybe half an inch....but i'm happy with it....it looks alot better, swings nice and looks thicker too....it also looks nice worn down now....whereas before i was really self conscious about anybody seeing it.

So my plan now is to start letting it grow again but trim it when it needs it and see how far down i can maintain a decent hem thickness.....and really keep it simple, scalp oilings and heavy oilings most of the time :)

morgwn
August 8th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Congrats about getting it so much thicker! You must be very chuffed. :) And I'm happy for you that you feel more confident with your hair down now that it's been trimmed up a bit. Sounds like good news. :)

kate46
August 8th, 2008, 06:39 AM
That's fantastic chloe :cheer: As we are pretty much hair twins I do know how you feel, Mine has thickened slightly since I stopped the chemical dyes and although it isn't much it still feels great. Here's to continued thickness! Cheers!

Hatsumomo
August 8th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Congrats, I'm so happy for you since I remember how hard it was for you when you realised it was thinning.:beerchug:

Oh you might want to change your hair type now!

FrannyG
August 8th, 2008, 06:46 AM
I am soooooooo happy for you. :happydance: I know what a struggle you've been through, sweetie. Well, your hair is going to start growing so quickly now, you soon won't remember that you got a cut.

You can grow along with me now; I'm getting to close to your length (again :rolleyes:). :)

Congratulations! :flowers:

mellie
August 8th, 2008, 06:51 AM
That's great!

And I assume being "chuffed" is a good thing, right?:confused:

Arctic
August 8th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you! :joy: :cheer:

morgwn
August 8th, 2008, 07:31 AM
And I assume being "chuffed" is a good thing, right?:confused:

Yes, 'chuffed' means 'very happy' or 'overjoyed', basically. :)

berr
August 8th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Yes.. chuffed is a good thing.

Congrats. My hair thinned through menopause and it's starting to thicken back up. The shorty hairs are annoying sometimes. I'm just glad I didn't progress to bald. I'll have to try some of your techniques and see if they help. Plus measure my circumference. I've only done that once and measured the nape and then the ends. No clue what the measurements were now.

sipnsun
August 8th, 2008, 07:47 AM
I'm very happy for you. I went through a major hairloss a few years back, you can still see it on my ends. I don't know what caused it, but I know how upsetting and frustrating it can be. You are going to have to change your hair classification soon, how exciting!

Stagecoach
August 8th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Wow, that's wonderful Chloe

shrimp
August 8th, 2008, 08:07 AM
:hollie: :wethree: :cheese: :magic: :cheese: :wethree: :hollie:

shrimp
August 8th, 2008, 08:07 AM
(hee hee - they are all dancing in time to the music on the radio right now)

Amberlee
August 8th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Congratulations. - that's really quite a change!

spidermom
August 8th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Happy-happy, joy-joy! I hope this means you'll treat us to a picture soon.

darl_in1
August 8th, 2008, 08:40 AM
YAY!! That's fantastic....hopefully this means that you're recovering well healthwise and your hair is following suit. It'll be thicker than mine in no time!

LadyMoon11
August 8th, 2008, 08:47 AM
I am so happy for you! :happydance:
I know you have been distressed about the thinness, and you were contemplating a drastic cut.
I am glad to your health and hair have improved, and that your more subtle cut is helping you to feel better about your hair. :cloud9:

Guenever
August 8th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Wow, congratulations! That's a LOT of new growth.. yay..
I remember a former thread from you where you were so sad that you were almost giving up :sad - so I'm overly happy for you! :D
Happy growing! :cheese:

NurseMama
August 8th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Wow that is incredible change! 150% increase!!! Whohoo! Time to change your hair info :D!

vindo
August 8th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Thats great to hear your hair has thickened up so much! When I was reading your thread about giving up on long hair I was hoping that you will be able to find a good compromise. Almost BSL is still long and with the new regrowth it will be much thicker in the future.

Happy (re)growing! :)

ChloeDharma
August 8th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Thankyou everybody who's posted.....i know i've been a nightmare for ages.....before i even joined this forum actually lol, over my hair....first chemical damage, then hairloss....and i really do appreciate all the encouragement and ideas i've had over the years here....and to those who know me on MSN ;)

I can't describe how positive i'm feeling now....my hair thickening up co-incides with an improvement in my health that i really noticed from about a month ago.....still not 100% and get my bad days still, but it's going in the right direction that's the main thing.

I actually started talking to a girl who works in Claires today who i've noticed before is suffering hairloss on the front top of her scalp and told her how much mine has thickened and gave her this forums address as well, she asked me to write down the name of the bhringraj for her and said she was going to start listening to her nan who had been telling her traditional remedies for it (she's Indian)....so i told her to post them here once she finds out lol.

my hairtype...yes i guess i'm firmly back in the ii range now! :happydance:

And i'll have to see about getting some pictures of it done very soon.....i'll have to ask someone though because i do have a camera but lost that thing that plugs into the computer to transfer pictures onto it when i moved.

Darl....PM on its way to you very soon....i did send one but it got eaten up because of mu dodgy signal....and as for getting hair as thick as yours.....the bjringraj is good, but that would take a miracle!

lawyermom
August 8th, 2008, 12:36 PM
congratulations!

Nightshade
August 8th, 2008, 12:45 PM
HUZZAH! :cheer: I know how much you struggled with this! True cause for celebration :)

joyful373
August 8th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Congratulations on the growth and thickness :) I am very happy for you too! :cheer:

dor3girl
August 8th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Congrats! I am going through a major shedding right now (peri-menopausal?)--it is scaring the daylights out of me! Hopefully mine will come back like yours did!

pariate
August 8th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Hey, get you, ChloeDarma! I'm really happy for you :)

VanillaTresses
August 8th, 2008, 03:02 PM
That is GREAT news ChloeDharma! I had read some of your earlier posts regarding the thinning and was hoping that things would get better for you-- I went through a similar thing where I lost a lot of thickness and then when I finally (!) gained it back it was thicker than before by a bit. :) But anyhoo, just wanted to share in your celebration! :flowers:

<She>
August 8th, 2008, 03:27 PM
That's great news!:) Congrats, I hope it will increase in thickness and length, but you have beautifull hair anyways:)

ktani
August 8th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Congratulations.

May this be the end of your hair woes.

Great to read that you are feeling so much better!

Flaxen
August 8th, 2008, 05:16 PM
That is wonderful and exciting news, Chloe! :grin:

CurlyNinja
August 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM
That's so great! I'm really glad to hear you've gained so much and seem to be a whole lot happier with your hair. Sometimes we get so caught up in the length issue that we forget to ask ourselves if we're truly happy with the state of our tresses. :toast:

Beatnik Guy
August 8th, 2008, 06:20 PM
That's awesome news, CD! :rockerdud :rockerdud :rockerdud

Alley Cat
August 8th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Wow what great news congratulations :cheese::cheese:

EdG
August 8th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Congratulations! :cheese:
Ed

dorothea-brooke
August 8th, 2008, 06:24 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm so happy to hear you like the new length, and the thickness improvement is amazing! :cheese:

So ...

New pictures please???

:drama:

Nat242
August 8th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I'm so pleased for you! Congratulations - enjoy it! :cheese:

kwaniesiam
August 8th, 2008, 07:08 PM
:cheer: Congratulations on your increased thickness! I too have had issues with hairloss and things are looking up :D

Cantabile
August 8th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Whoo! That's an awesome increase! Congratulations on achieving excellent results from all your excellent care. :flower:

girlcat36
August 8th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Wonderful news! I am so happy for you!!:cheese:

chloeishere
August 8th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Congratulations, ChloeDharma! I'm glad to hear about your big thickness increase, and also about the health getting better! I hope it just keeps getting better from here!

ole gray mare
August 8th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Congrats CD! Your patience and hard work has paid off, and I'm so happy to hear your good news! Nice to see you AND your gorgeous hair. :)

Raederle
August 9th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Ah, sweetie, I'm so glad to read this. You sound so happy spirited, and it's wonderful to share the joy :cheer:

nastasska
August 9th, 2008, 06:56 AM
That's fantastic news Chloe:cheese:

LaurelSpring
August 9th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Congratulations! I just started some shedding right now that is also scaring the heck out of me. I tried the Bhringaraj oil but it made me itch. What sort of herbal rinses did you do?

ReadingRenee
August 9th, 2008, 11:13 AM
yay yay yay! Im so happy for you ChloeDarma! I can't wait to see your pictures! :)

EmpressRi
August 9th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Congrats! I know the feeling, I'm still trying to get my hair to be the same all around. Once a lot of damage grew out, I saw what my virgin hair really looks like. I still have some that I'm cutting off slowly.

samy
August 9th, 2008, 01:42 PM
thats really gr8... congrats.
m new membr here... loosing hairs at large.. can anyone tell me the way to stop??
damn frustrated for the probi.... nights are sleepless...:(:(:(:(

please please please anyone help me please....:(
getting bald so early is a shame...:(

ruby_tuesday
August 9th, 2008, 02:19 PM
wow! congrats! :cheer: You mentioned herbal washes, what herbs do you use?

kuwati
August 9th, 2008, 02:39 PM
ChloeDharma, that is fantastic news!

I can remember your posts & threads over the past year or two, lamenting about thinness. So, your patience & attention have finally started to show some results. That means it's good news for both you, and a ray of hope for everyone else suffering from the same. You are proof that it is possible to reverse the seemingly permanent. Yay! :cheese::cheese:

Speedbump
August 9th, 2008, 09:35 PM
This is fantastic news! I am so glad for you. :cheese:

Now how about pix? :twisted: :lol: :smooch:

brunette
August 10th, 2008, 06:27 AM
ChloeD you already know how excited I am for you! I know you can keep up the good work (and convert me to actually keeping up the scalp oilings too!). I can't wait to see pics! Well, I can but you know I mean I'm impatient to see :D
:cheese:

samy I must say I think you should try to not stress as that can have a negative impact on hair health, but definitely read what ChloeDharma has been doing and see if you can add some of her methods to your own regime. Best of luck with that.

hennared
August 10th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Just to add to the fray, here....

FANTASTIC! And thanks so much for being generous with your advice to my shedding posts.
I too hope I will be as blessed as you and see my hair grow back in!

hennared

tomm
August 10th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Congratulations on the additional thickness, ChloeDharma! I remember reading how concerned you were as you began losing hair. It is wonderful to read that your hair has recovered so well.

Gilly
August 10th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I am so happy to hear your great news!!!
You will obviously be feeling less self concious about it and as we all know, less stress is better for everything.
:cheese::cheese::cheese:

jel
August 12th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Hey, how did I miss this?

CONGRATULATIONS! :rockerdud

Well done on the scalp massages and oiling, it works :D

I must join the clamour for pictures... Pretty please?

Solange
August 12th, 2008, 03:46 AM
That is so awesome! As you know from my post (which you answered), increasing my thickness is exactly what I'm hoping to do also. I've been loving to hear that it can be done. :O) As for cutting some of it off, well, there's no point in having it longer if you feel too self-conscious to show it anyhow, is there?

ChloeDharma
August 12th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks so much again to everybody who posted here.....it's really good to be able to post some good news for a change! :smooch:

The herbs i use vary quite a bit really depending on my mood.....but i find whichever recipe i use i still shed less than if i use conditioner (i never use shampoo) but they include shikakai, then any from amla, methi seed, kapoor kachli, brahmi, bhringraj, henna and i always add some cayenne pepper.

Thanks again everybody :grouphug: :smooch: :flowers:

Calista
August 12th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I can&#180;t believe I&#180;m all late for the party. ChloeDharma, that is just wonderful! http://cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/a054.gif I&#180;m very very happy for you. You certainly must be doing something right!