PDA

View Full Version : What sort of hair did you want when you were a kid?

brave
August 22nd, 2012, 10:52 PM
I wanted long, stick-straight, shiny black hair that swooshed. I had bright red curls that went straight up.

My logic was fairly sound. Someone had told me that redheads couldn't wear pink. At the time, pink was my favorite color (red had been, but then someone told me that boys could wear red too, and I couldn't have that!). I determined that if I had black hair, I could wear hot pink all the time and look awesome, and if I had straight hair I might not scream so much when my mom ran a brush through it. I thought about dyeing it but concluded it might not be a good look considering the yellow eyebrows and freckles.

I grew up and later realized yes, redheads can wear pink, as long as they watch the undertones. I have a couple hot pink pieces I love. However, I've talked to my mom, and my paternal grandmother. Both of them have very similar texture to mine, although they are/were brunette. Both of them also wanted stick straight black hair as children. I thought that was kind of odd.

Anyway, what did you wish was on your head as a kid? Did you eventually come to terms with cruel fate and learn to love your hair?

violina
August 22nd, 2012, 11:00 PM
I wanted jet black hair with ringlets. Basically I wanted Princess Jasmine's hair but I got this half curly, half wavy, mostly lazy hair with a Cartman attitude. With short hair, I look like I'm much younger and everyone remarks on how cute it is (whereas long hair seems to give the impression that I'm a bit older). I came to terms with it because the reality is that anything with a Cartman attitude will win.

Tania
Defiantly curls ��

TheMechaGinger
Oh I wanted straight up Rapunzel hair, long golden blonde and wavy. What I had was long, pin straight and bright bright red. As I've gotten older though I've learned to adore my hair. I've got freckles and blonde eyebrows too so I might actually be able to get away with lightening my hair but I'd be too afraid of the damage and the pain in the butt of upkeep. Plus I can always sleep in a bun or soft curlers to get the waves I always wanted :D

Asprettyasme
August 22nd, 2012, 11:17 PM
#error

#An error occurred.

renia22
August 22nd, 2012, 11:22 PM
Well I was born in '71, so I was pretty jealous of Jan Brady's hair on "The Brady Bunch"

gthlvrmx
August 22nd, 2012, 11:25 PM
i didn't want any kind of hair. I just didn't care, it never crossed my mind. Actually, i rarely wanted things you know? i was just pretty happy with what i had. But puberty hit and my hair got curly and THATS when i noticed it, so in 4th grade i saw my hair change to curly. After that i decided i wanted long hair to the floor but my parents didnt like my idea and said no :( so i chose to grow it only to shoulder i was too scared of the judgement from my family and other kids in school.

Ruzovy
August 22nd, 2012, 11:36 PM
Loooooooooooooooooooooong straight, silky red hair. Still love red (ginger) hair actually, but it doesn't suit me at all unfortunately. Unless its red RED kinda like in my avatar. That looks ok.

Rufflebutt
August 22nd, 2012, 11:49 PM
I wanted Sailor Moon's hair. In fact, my obsession with long hair stems with her. I used to watch her cartoons every Saturday morning and wish I was her. So when I was 5, I told my parents that I wanted to grow out my hair to my ankles so that my pigtails would be as long as hers.

If only I stuck to that... XD But I've had long hair my whole life and it just feels right on me. I couldn't give it up.

Rufflebutt
August 23rd, 2012, 12:05 AM
I wanted jet black hair with ringlets. Basically I wanted Princess Jasmine's hair but I got this half curly, half wavy, mostly lazy hair with a Cartman attitude. With short hair, I look like I'm much younger and everyone remarks on how cute it is (whereas long hair seems to give the impression that I'm a bit older). I came to terms with it because the reality is that anything with a Cartman attitude will win. I laughed hysterically at this. Imagining your hair saying,"SCREW YOU GUYS. I'M GOING HOME." Or screaming various profanities.

Rufflebutt
August 23rd, 2012, 12:08 AM
I always wanted long blonde hair as a little girl. I never really saw race until I learned about slavery many years later so in my mind I didn't understand some things.

My mom use to tell me stories about how I would talk to random white ladies and ask to play in their hair. They use to love it and thought I was so cute. But then one day I got older and realized I wasn't like them and my hair was not like theirs. I was devastated and so confused. I hated my hair type.

I don't know why I liked blonde hair, it couldn't of been because of the media because when I started liking it I was way to young to know about that stuff. Matter of fact, my first imaginary friend had blonde shoulder length hair.

But now I love my hair type and I think its so beautiful. I want it to be 30 inches long and just the way it is. I love it. I know I can dye my hair blonde but I don't ever want it blonde, matter of fact I love the color it is right now. I just wish it was longer.

Whats the most funniest thing in the world though is my hair changes colors. When straighten its a dirty brown. When not straighten its a brown. When particial straighten it is a redish brown and get this! When my hair grows to a certain length the ends of my hair turns blonde. Beautiful! I couldn't wish for anything more then that. I love all the different things my hair can do, its truly rare and I am thankful for it.

If it makes you feel any better, when I was little most of my friends(and the people in my neighborhood) were from African descent. And I was only about 4 or 5. So at the time, I seriously thought I was the weird one and that I was alienatingly

Rufflebutt
August 23rd, 2012, 12:09 AM
[quote=Rufflebutt;2273975]If it makes you feel any better, when I was little most of my friends(and the people in my neighborhood) were from African descent. And I was only about 4 or 5. So at the time, I seriously thought I was the weird one and that I was alienatingly different. At the time most of the people around me were black except for my family. And it was far before I learned about "race" racial perceptions. It's weird the things that you can think when you are really young and have no preset bias by those around you.

HealthBug
August 23rd, 2012, 12:22 AM
I wanted Long blue hair as a kid. I still kind of do lolz. My bother watched anime and I saw that the most, and one day at the store I saw a lady with long blue hair. It was soooooo pretty i thought.

JellyBene
August 23rd, 2012, 12:31 AM
I wanted long platinum blonde hair.

PolarCathy
August 23rd, 2012, 12:55 AM
I wanted silky, long,straight black hair. Mine was curly...

DancingQueen
August 23rd, 2012, 01:28 AM
I just wanted long, straight hair. I hated my curls until I was 17, because I had no idea how to take care of them. I was addicted to straightening, as it seemed the only way to keep the frizz at a minimum. Luckily, I learned to love it. :)

Luminaria
August 23rd, 2012, 01:57 AM
I just wanted long, straight hair. I hated my curls until I was 17, because I had no idea how to take care of them. I was addicted to straightening, as it seemed the only way to keep the frizz at a minimum. Luckily, I learned to love it. :)

I wanted straight and long hair because I had frizzy curly hair. I figured it'd be easy to care for because there'd be less tangles.

Neneka
August 23rd, 2012, 02:12 AM
Long black hair. I actually wore a black skirt on my head sometimes. :)

EtherealDoll
August 23rd, 2012, 02:41 AM
Platinum blonde hair. My hair started darkening when I was around 4 or 5 years old and I remember when my mom once cut my fringe and I saw that it was much darker than the hair from ears down to shoulders. Later I got all of the lighter hair cut and was very upset because those light hairs were my favourite.

MeowScat
August 23rd, 2012, 03:44 AM
I wanted my hair to be so long that it would drag on the ground 10 feet behind me.

When Mom would get me out of the bathtub, I would take the giant bath towel and put it over my head long ways. I'd walk down the hall with it dragging behind me, pretending it was my mermaid hair.

(then I'd take Grandma's long bathrobe belt and tuck it into my pajama bottoms and pretend I had a tail. Hahaha!)

I miss my vivid imagination. :)

Dancing Fire
August 23rd, 2012, 03:49 AM
This makes me laugh! I really went to the hair dresser when I was eight and asked her to cut my chinlength straight hair into this: http://hem.crossnet.se/Carola/idolkort/kort'84.GIF I just adored this artist. The hairdresser refused and said it was impossible to do this to my hair an cut it into a cute bob instead...

MeowScat
August 23rd, 2012, 04:15 AM
^^^ 80's feathered mullet!! I tried to do that with my hair in 1986. Key word, "tried". Mine was as flat as a pancake. Hmph.

Like, totally tubular.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 23rd, 2012, 04:22 AM
I never thought about it. I had hair. Other people had hair. But I always wanted brown, ie, Melanesian skin, thought it was much more beautiful than white skin. Oh well, now I have little bits of both, my freckles are a pretty brown, LOL.

missketi
August 23rd, 2012, 04:26 AM
When I was little I was crazy about Casper...ahem.....the ghost...ahem.....I wanted to be just like him.....
He is bald.:o

So I didn't really have a hair role model.....and so I left my hair alone until I was older and I wanted blonde hair like those princesses in Disney.....eh....wish I never replaced Casper...at least I would have left my hair alone.:o

pepperminttea
August 23rd, 2012, 05:01 AM
Long bright red curls. :crush:

gnome82
August 23rd, 2012, 05:22 AM
I chose to wear my hair in a bob most of my childhood :), I wanted a fro like my Mum but I had wavy hair like my Dad.

FireFromWithin
August 23rd, 2012, 05:27 AM
I never really thought about it. I remember wanting really long hair, I wanted dark hair with curls. Mine is blonde and straight, then after I dyed it and decided that I couldn't be bothered to put on all the make-up I needed to not look washed out I let it go back to blonde. Thing is blonde hair never seems to really lose dye and I decided I really wanted pale blonde hair like when I was young - the following bleach was also a big mistake... Now I just want TB length virgin hair whatever colour it goes :)

millyaulait
August 23rd, 2012, 05:35 AM
I wanted Sailor Moon's hair. In fact, my obsession with long hair stems with her. I used to watch her cartoons every Saturday morning and wish I was her. So when I was 5, I told my parents that I wanted to grow out my hair to my ankles so that my pigtails would be as long as hers.

If only I stuck to that... XD But I've had long hair my whole life and it just feels right on me. I couldn't give it up.

!!!!

I too was overly obsessed with Sailor Moon!

At first I wanted SM's hair, then Pluto's, then Dark Lady's, then Neptune's, then Koan....

Little did I know I actually had butt-length hair and was close to most of them..

but my hair didn't defy gravity & it wasn't an awesome demon-fighting colour, so I wasn't happy!

:lol:

Vampyria
August 23rd, 2012, 05:50 AM
First I wanted black like Snow White, then blond like Pamela Anderson (I blame Baywatch), then I wanted long dark brown/black and straight like Xena the Warrior Princess. :p http://www.tvposter.net/posters/xena_warrior_princess_1995_3036_poster.jpg I even wanted the same haircut, but it didn't really work on curly hair. :(

In my teens I wanted smooth, shiny black and straight hair like Mexican singer Ana Gabriel (again, I had curly hair).
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/2204194/Ana+Gabriel.jpg
http://www.caratulas.info/musica/A/Ana-Gabriel-30-Grandes-Exitos-Delantera.jpg
I dyed it black anyway. ;)

ETA: I would like to have wavy, orange hair now, but mine is quite okay also. Even if waves mostly just don't show with my regular routine.

Sylvestrix
August 23rd, 2012, 06:03 AM
As a child, and even now, I crave gorgeous red curls. I've always wanted curly hair, it's almost to the point of obsession- but as many hair stylists have found out, my hair will not hold a curl for love nor money. No matter what you do with it. -sigh-

oktobergoud
August 23rd, 2012, 06:07 AM
A short bob! :P
I had long, thick hair that tangled like crazy. And bobs were in fashion. I was BEGGING my mother to get a bob, but she wouldn't let me!

ddiana1979
August 23rd, 2012, 06:52 AM
Red. I tried dyeing it a few times, but the color I wanted doesn't suit me. My hair is dark Auburn in the sun, that's as close as I'm going to get.

BunnyKitten
August 23rd, 2012, 07:20 AM
I wanted wavy blonde hair that was cut short. I had long, straight, brown hair.

I wanted blonde hair because that was an "interesting" color and my friends all thought my color was boring. Red and black were the other "interesting" colors, but I think I knew deep down that I'd never look right with those colors. I wanted to be wavy because, again, I didn't think my hair was unique enough. I wanted it short just because my parents didn't let me cut it short. So basically, I wanted everything that I didn't have. It was okay, though... I didn't pay much attention to hair in general back then.

1nuitblanche
August 23rd, 2012, 07:55 AM
I wanted curls, for sure. Most of the time I also wished it deep chestnut or auburn. I have fairly straight mousy brown hair. I'm also the only girl in all of my extended family with straight hair - maybe I didn't feel like I fit in?

rtree721
August 23rd, 2012, 08:03 AM
For me, curly black hair. Basically we all wanted what we couldn't have. Well I could perm and dye my hair but its just not the same.

Kaelee
August 23rd, 2012, 08:07 AM
Stick straight black or curly red.

I compromised. I used henna and now have straight red. :D

I never was really happy with my natural hair color.

Madora
August 23rd, 2012, 09:01 AM
Funny, but I never thought about my hair back then. It was only about 1960, when I discovered George Michael and his technique, that I really got into serious hair obsession.

arelrios
August 23rd, 2012, 09:12 AM
I just wanted loooooong hair. I didn't care about the color or texture... I just wanted it long... I used to wear towels on my head to simulate long hair (my family still makes fun of me because of this).:confused:
It was almost senior year of HS when my hair finally grew a bit (APL is the longest I had):(

Shield31
August 23rd, 2012, 09:13 AM
I wanted Veronica Cartwright's hair as it looked during the early episodes of "Lost In Space" when she played Penny Robinson. It was long, thick, and full of movement. The bangs were ok, but I could do without them. When I told my mother, her comment back was somewhere along the line of ...

"NEVER!!!"

:agape:

We fought over hair length for years. I finally won :):):)

Lady Neeva
August 23rd, 2012, 09:26 AM
I never really thought about wanting any sort of hair when I was young. (Schoolwork kept me occupied)

renia22
August 23rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
I wanted Veronica Cartwright's hair as it looked during the early episodes of "Lost In Space" when she played Penny Robinson. It was long, thick, and full of movement. The bangs were ok, but I could do without them. When I told my mother, her comment back was somewhere along the line of ...

"NEVER!!!"

:agape:

We fought over hair length for years. I finally won :):):)

lol mine was related to some actresses from tv/ movies too. Brooke Shield's hair in "Blue Lagoon" and Lynda Carter in "Wonder Woman" were a couple of others for me. I remember watching "Lost in Space" on tv as a kid in the 70s. That was a good one.

alexis917
August 23rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
I wanted straight hair desperately! My hair was a bit past waist, dark brown, and thick. But it had a bit of a wave in it, so when it had to be curled for cheerleading it didn't hold, and no matter how thoroughly I brushed it, straight hair was not in my reach. I've learned to love my waves! ...I also went through a phase in sixth grade when I was positive bright blue bangs would make me look so cool.

luckyshot
August 23rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
I just wanted long hair. I didn't really have a "hair idol" or anything as a kid, I just knew I wanted it long. Instead I was stuck with a mushroom cut until I was 10 and then shoulder length until I was in high school. My Mom has always had short hair, she had no idea how to deal with long hair, so she just kept mine short.

~honeyflower~
August 23rd, 2012, 01:21 PM
I always wanted Rose's hair in Titanic, I loved how elegant it looked with the butterfly clip and the curls.

izzybel
August 23rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
I wanted tight bouncy curls like Irish step dancers have.

Chanie
August 23rd, 2012, 01:57 PM
Oh i actually had amazing hlair! Long natural golden blonde thick as hell and wavy, oh why did i screw it up so bad :( that is the kind of hair i wish i had now... Life's funny ...

battles
August 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
I didn't care all that much about my hair until mid teens. I just liked it short and out of my way.

Now I wish I had started growing sooner..

neko_kawaii
August 23rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
I wanted long red ringlets.

ladylowtide
August 23rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Any shade of white to light brunette, or red. Anything with some wave.

but I got stuck with the straight deep brunette hair :P

arelrios
August 23rd, 2012, 02:41 PM
I just wanted long hair. I didn't really have a "hair idol" or anything as a kid, I just knew I wanted it long. Instead I was stuck with a mushroom cut until I was 10 and then shoulder length until I was in high school. My Mom has always had short hair, she had no idea how to deal with long hair, so she just kept mine short.
Hahaha... exactly my story... I know the feeling :o

MrsGuther
August 23rd, 2012, 02:42 PM
I always liked the length of my hair as a kid (between hip to TBL). I wished for straight smooth frizz free hair when I was a kid. :( I live in a very humid place and I have frizz big time unless I use a good bit of product in my hair.

Ardellis
August 23rd, 2012, 02:56 PM
I wanted curls. My brother had them and hated them. Our grandmother used to tell us to eat the crusts of our bread, because it would make out hair curly, so I ate both my own and his. :)

gillybeanxo3921
August 23rd, 2012, 03:12 PM
When I was really little I didn't really care much, but once high school musical came out, I wanted hair like Vanessa Hudgens!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27619589@N02/2722307602/

Redhead Rebel
August 23rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
When I was a kid I always wanted Wednesday's hair from the Adams Family.

I had collarbone length auburn straight hair until I was around 10 and got to decide what I wanted. As a kid my mum would take me to the hairdresser and tell me to tell the hairdresser what style I wanted, I always picked a long style then my Mum would whisper to the hairdresser to cut it back to the normal length :(.

prismfaerie
August 23rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
Even though I'm East Asian, my hair is more like a mix between chestnut and black and wavy naturally (like dirty blonde but with brown and black instead). My childhood dream was sleek, almost liquify straight jet-black hair like my cousin's. I've achieved that through indigo and (occasionally) using a flat-iron. But now I dunno, I also like crazier colours like lilac or shock white. Then again, I'm only 14...and a child at heart :D

sunshine-locks
August 23rd, 2012, 08:15 PM
I had thin, straight blonde hair and I got comments on how thin it was all the time, and got lots of blonde jokes, so I wanted really thick brown hair :P

LuXious
August 23rd, 2012, 08:38 PM
When it was down to my waist, I wanted a bob like Ramona Quimby. When I was a little older, about fifth grade, I wanted long, really dark or blonde tight spirals, and lots and lots of them. Remember the Coca Cola commercial where the little girl gets a love note from Fred Savage? "Something something... your effervescence..."? Her hair. Hahahahaha!

Xxanderia
August 23rd, 2012, 08:45 PM
When I was younger I wanted short hair. My mother had very long hair and wanted to keep mine long, but I kept going scissor crazy and chopping it off myself. Now she has short hair and I'm growing mine out :p

waywardgypsy
August 23rd, 2012, 11:25 PM
When I was young, my mom got tired of trying to brush out all the tangles in my hair (I was a huge tomboy) so she had it chopped off. I had the "Dorothy Hammel" hair, which my brother teasingly nicknamed a camel butt because of the way it parts at the back. :(

Growing up I just wanted long hair... I still want hair like in Edmund Leighton's paintings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Leighton)... long, wavy and thick. Even when it was almost classic length, it didn't look like that. :(

katfemme89
August 23rd, 2012, 11:27 PM
I always wanted stick-straight, asian-type hair because my irregular wave pattern (coarse wave in the back, straight in the front) was really hard for me to manage as a child. Over time, the wave has toned down and evened out and now I am happy with what God gave me.

waywardgypsy
August 23rd, 2012, 11:28 PM
Sorry - Dorothy HAMILL (http://www.super-hair.net/style-0501.html)... I hate misspelling someone's name.

katfemme89
August 23rd, 2012, 11:33 PM
When I was young, my mom got tired of trying to brush out all the tangles in my hair (I was a huge tomboy) so she had it chopped off.

Same here!!!! I cried when she tried to brush it, and I cried when she cut it, lol. I was really tender headed back then and even when she used a baby brush to get out the tangles I would still scream bloody murder at any tension on my scalp because it hurt so much.

Asprettyasme
August 24th, 2012, 12:18 AM
#error

#An error occurred.

katfemme89
August 24th, 2012, 12:29 AM
I'm glad I was not like everyone else and you should be too, those people who don't like diversity and those people who don't respect other people differences are stupid, I don't care what race they are.

^^What she said. I couldn't have said it better.

BrownEyedBeauty
August 24th, 2012, 06:58 AM
When I was a kid, I wanted thicker ends. As I matured toward adulthood, my hair thickened up and my ends got a little thicker along the way. I did not take care of my hair the way I do today (ie. rough brushing and rough towel drying etc...)therefore, I still had some ways to go. I now have the hair that I have always dreamed about with nice, thick ends.:)

Amygirl8
August 24th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I just wanted it to be long, haha.
I still count as a kid to most people though. And right now I want thicker hair up to wrist length. I know that's not a technical length but I realized that's exactly how long I want my hair to be ;D

twolunarspring
August 24th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I wanted Princess Jasmine's hair too... and eyes and skin colour... I'm not sure how old I was when I finally accepted I wouldn't one day turn Indian :-/

sharonluvscats
August 24th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Does anyone remember the Lady Lovely Locks cartoon? She had really long, thick, and wavy blonde hair. She also had pretty purple and pink streaks in her hair. I wanted her hair on Rainbow Brite's clothes. :D

brave
August 24th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I wanted Princess Jasmine's hair too... and eyes and skin colour... I'm not sure how old I was when I finally accepted I wouldn't one day turn Indian :-/

Oh man, same here. And Jasmine barbie was the prettiest barbie too.

ApatheticFairy
August 24th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I wanted Sailor Moon's hair. In fact, my obsession with long hair stems with her.

Same here, but I wanted Queen Serenity's hair. Sailor Moon's "real" mom from the moon kingdom. It's the same dang hair, only white.

I was also OBSESSED with Ariel from "The Little Mermaid"'s hair.

It's taken me a long time to realize I have wavy dark blonde/brown hair and it's not straight and fire engine-red. And that I look horrible as a redhead.

Come to think of it, cartoons in general gave me bad hair expectations!

The long, white, hair obsession is still present. I'm not even 30 yet and I keep looking for silvers, but I haven't found any. Luckily, I've sworn off the bleach!

brave
August 24th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Same here, but I wanted Queen Serenity's hair. Sailor Moon's "real" mom from the moon kingdom. It's the same dang hair, only white.

I was also OBSESSED with Ariel from "The Little Mermaid"'s hair.

It's taken me a long time to realize I have wavy dark blonde/brown hair and it's not straight and fire engine-red. And that I look horrible as a redhead.

Come to think of it, cartoons in general gave me bad hair expectations!

The long, white, hair obsession is still present. I'm not even 30 yet and I keep looking for silvers, but I haven't found any. Luckily, I've sworn off the bleach!

That reminds me of this (not my image):

http://i.imgur.com/wCzGz.jpg

antikythera
August 24th, 2012, 09:42 AM
When I was little I wanted longer hair, so to pretend that I did, I'd run around the house wearing this flowy scarf skirt thing on my head. It went to about my tailbone? I still want hair that long, though I've been at BLS for a while now...can't seem to really get past it...and am having the longest/worst shed I can remember :(

Tapioca
August 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I wanted long hair, but I was the fourth child in six years, so mom kept my hair short. Dorothy Hammill short. Once I turned twelve, I rebelled and grew it out.

waywardgypsy
August 24th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Dorothy Hammill short. Once I turned twelve, I rebelled and grew it out.

Wasn't that the worst cut ever? Ugh. :rolleyes:

long&blonde
August 24th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I wanted Peggy Lipton; as "Julie" on Mod Squad's long poker straight shiny blonde "surfer girl" hair.

gillybeanxo3921
August 25th, 2012, 07:01 AM

Same! Sometimes I still want to dye my hair dark like hers, hoping it would somehow magically transform or something hahah.

jacqueline101
August 25th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I wanted hair like Lily Munster.

lapushka
August 25th, 2012, 08:30 AM
I didn't think about it, TBH. I was fine with my hair.

Lostsoule77
August 25th, 2012, 09:10 AM
As a child I didn't really care. I was a tom boy. My mom kept it in braids so it didn't tangle too bad and curled it for special occasions. I do remember a few tearful brushing sessions though & I hated that! I had blondette hair that was around 1c.

Once I hit middle school, or so, I wanted curls & red hair. Not necessarily red curls. LOL I finally convinced my mom to give me a perm for 8th grade and while that was in my hair my type changed to what I have now. I thought it was amazing that my perm just never came out! :p

I still want the red and have used demi permanent red dye about once a year for years. I haven't done that in years though and probably won't anytime soon. I have to settle for the fact that I have brown hair with red undertones. :) I'm happy enough with what I have and now that I can do amazing styles I'm thrilled. Now all I want is more length. ;)

Sagi1982
August 25th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I always admired my cousins hair - long, straight, almost black and shiny... my own hair was long, straight, almost white and shiny...

CurlyCurves
August 25th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Long, long, long.

AutumnLocks
September 1st, 2012, 09:57 AM
I wanted long dark hair. I have an older cousin who, at the time, had very long dark, thick hair. I craved that long dark hair instead of my light red hair. I have brownish red hair now. It's gotten darker as I've gotten older. Now, I'm thinking about trying some henna to get it close to the shade I had when I was younger....:o)

RubyTuesday
September 1st, 2012, 10:18 AM
I always wanted long straight blonde hair like my sisters's (the lucky...). It was very 'in' to have that kind of hair. A bit Kim Basinger, a bit Vanessa Paradis (Joe le taxi anyone....?) a bit Alicia Silverstone in Clueless.

Unfortunately I had red curly hair which in hindsight was stunning and everyone commented on, but I wanted what I wanted. Stupid young me.

DancingQueen
September 1st, 2012, 10:45 AM
I always LOVED long, straight, shiny long hair. :D

flip-flop
September 1st, 2012, 11:33 AM
I always wanted long, black, curly hair like a china doll, like Sarah's from the book A Little Princess. I had the curly part down (sort of, my hair went through some really odd curly/frizzy/wavy stages before settling to what I have now), but my color was always disappointing to me, a kind of dull mousy brown. My younger sisters had pale almost caramel brown hair (darkened/dyed now that they're older), and my little brother is blonde, I wanted something not ordinary like theirs, and I figured I was closer to black than anything else. My dad in my mind had the perfect coloring, brown hair so dark as to appear black (and he even had the green eyes like Sarah). Even though I have (mostly) gotten over this wish, and my hair seems to have darkened some, in my mind's eye my hair is still a darker brown than what it is in real life.

millyaulait
September 1st, 2012, 11:37 AM
I wanted long, dark chocolate, shiny, perfectly curled hair.

And I still do..... :p