PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun!

jojo89
August 22nd, 2012, 09:41 PM
Just out of curiosity: what is the biggest downfall to having long hair whether it be it gets in the way or tangles easy?? We all know long hair is beautiful, but what are the cons for you? Personally my long hair pet peeve is when it gets stuck under my purse strap.p

brave
August 22nd, 2012, 09:42 PM
I'm not even to BSL and the shower hair is a pain to deal with.

vanillabones
August 22nd, 2012, 10:10 PM
The only con so far for me is worrying about my hair. Once it is all one length and no bleach left I will worry less.

CaitlinMarie93
August 22nd, 2012, 10:31 PM
One of the biggest cons for me is...drumroll please... when I find long hairs that travelled to my butt crack :o Haha, but in all honesty, probably when it gets stuck in the seat belt. Ouch!

jojo
August 22nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
Pinning me down, getting caught in my elbow creases and tangles are my bug bears of long hair!

cwarren
August 22nd, 2012, 10:54 PM
Long shed hairs. I'm only BSL but I have to cut my hairs out of my vacuum brush once a month because my hair doesn't get sucked into the bag; it winds around the roller brush.

Kyla
August 22nd, 2012, 11:14 PM
The shedding. Maybe I would shed just as much with short hair, but the long hair get everywhere and are a huge pain to clean up. I should be used to this, having at least waist length for years, but I can't.

spirals
August 22nd, 2012, 11:23 PM
I can relate to all of the above, but especially the buttcrack one. Try pulling a rogue hair out without anyone noticing at work. I guess I'd have more vacuum issues if I vacuumed often enough. :o

MeowScat
August 23rd, 2012, 03:58 AM
It's either:

1) knots at my scalp (painful to detangle)

2) 8 hours of drying time

3) Updos being heavy and pulling on my scalp

I'm sorry I couldn't choose just one, I hate these three annoyances. Ditto to what everyone else said, too!

Tota
August 23rd, 2012, 04:15 AM
Personally my long hair pet peeve is when it gets stuck under my purse strap.p

This, or under a seat-belt or a bra strap :mad:

Also, my cat kind of knows how important my hair is to me so in the morning he blackmails me - wake up NOW and give me food and play with me or I'll sit/lay/walk/pull on your hair for as long as it's needed to change your mind. Doesn't matter if my hair is in a top-knot, braided or just loose. He always finds a way:)

pepperminttea
August 23rd, 2012, 06:38 AM
My shed hairs band together on the carpet and try to eat my toes. :p

JoieBruce
August 23rd, 2012, 06:57 AM
Shed hairs. I've found them on the floor attacking the baby. I've found them on the kitchen counter (even though my hair is nearly always restrained). Of course they travel to not only my butt crack, but my husband's clean underwear! They wait on the toilet seat for someone to sit so they can attack.

Madora
August 23rd, 2012, 09:05 AM
Tangles in the shower are the only con for me. Even with my special method of shampooing, there are a few tangles to deal with.

Fortunately, I've discovered the marvelous detangling properties of mineral oil and I've been one happy camper.

Aqua Gal
August 23rd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Oh my, without a doubt it would be watching my hair yank up into the seatbelt mechanism in my car..ouch! I needed help to get it out. :(

Right now I'm back at BSL, so no seatbelt hazard, but man was that traumatic!!

jojo89
August 23rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Love the responses! I can relate to all the above. My hair isn't even bsl and I'm already annoyed. It still gets caught in my buttcrack in the shower ha! & My cat loves to walk on my head to wake me up too! I have noticed my shedded hairs wrap up in the vacuum cleaner too. I worry about my hair a lot also since I am trying to be patient and grow out the damage/split ends. Drivin myself crazy!

kitekats
August 23rd, 2012, 11:03 AM
The biggest downfall is never having enough;)

Pearly~91
August 23rd, 2012, 11:24 AM
:hmm: Well what comes to mind for me is that long hair is HEAVY. My hair isn't particularly long yet, but when I had waist length hair before if I had it in a bun I would get awful neck aches. :mad: And if I went to get a haircut, forget sitting up by myself after they washed it. I had to ask the stylist/hair washer to hold the hair up, or I seriously had trouble lifting my head. I always felt like I was gonna strain something, and it hurt. :-(

faithsdaisy421
August 23rd, 2012, 11:27 AM
UUgghhh... finding hair everywhere! Our dishwasher has been acting up lately, and when my husband started working on it he found some of my hair had clogged the filter. All I thought was "how on earth did my hair end up in the dishwasher of all places??

jacqueline101
August 23rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
One for me is worrying if its growing. I'm bit of a worry wart.

pocketsmall
August 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Thinking I'm shedding more often when really I just have more hairs/longer hair to shed.

florenonite
August 23rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
8 hours of drying time

+1

My hair only takes about 6.5-7 hours to dry at my length (BSL+), but that's my biggest pet peeve. That said, I got it to dry in around four hours today. I took it out of my towel, separated it into five or six sections, and blotted each with my super-absorbent towel, then bent over at the waist and combed each downward. I flipped my head upside down a few times while drying and fluffed at the roots.

I've no idea if you already do all this, but thought I'd mention it in case it helped.

ouseljay
August 23rd, 2012, 12:09 PM
I was going to say having to cut shed hairs out of the vacuum is the biggest downfall. Then I was going to say tons of shed hairs getting everywhere. I don't know how it happens, my hair is braided or bunned all day, and when I comb or run my fingers through my hair, shed goes directly in the trash. And yet, so many shed hairs! (Downfall, *snerk.* Very punny.)

Then I realized. The cat eating shed hairs (why?!) and then when he goes to poop... think beads on a string. And sometimes he scares himself, so he zooms off the litterbox dragging it behind him until it falls out, and then I have to pick it up. THAT's the biggest downfall for me. And the poor cat.

MrsGuther
August 23rd, 2012, 12:26 PM
Tangles. Also getting comfortable while trying to sleep is harder the longer my hair gets.

nobeltonya
August 23rd, 2012, 01:57 PM
I really only notice that it irritates me during "playtime" :eyebrows: and I can't for the life of me keep it out of the way... any which way I put it, it'll come undone or I'll lay on it. :D :disco:

einna
August 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
My hair taking forever to dry after washing. Also, it frizzing up when worn loose or in a half up.

Vanille_
August 23rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
-If I don't pull it back when I go to bed and it wraps around my neck
-If I don't pull it back during intimate time it gets annoying
-When it gets shut in a door
-When my hair sticks stab anyone who hugs me
-Having to color it is a PAIN. It's long and boring and is very hard to get the water to "rinse clear"
-I'm getting bored with styles but too lazy to learn new ones. The lazy wrap is getting boring
-The time it takes to dry

tambalina
August 23rd, 2012, 02:18 PM
Finding little balls of hair woven into my clothes when I pull them out of the dryer.

I don't know how it happens, but I am also growing tired of finding hairs wrapped in my TOES!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 23rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
Getting into the car and my updo hits the door frame and dislodges hairstick. When in car, updo rubs against the headrest of the seat (which cannot be moved or adjusted.:mad:

As well as most of the above.

Ardellis
August 23rd, 2012, 03:32 PM
1. The cat eats it, which is uncomfortable and frightening for her.
2. It weaves itself into all my sweaters. And my husband's.
3. It kills vacuum cleaners.
4. It clogs drains (no matter how fine a catch we use, it slips right past).

ladonna
August 23rd, 2012, 06:00 PM
My hair is only bsl but its already getting caught in my armpits and trapped between the chair and me. My hair also likes to poke into my shirt and sting me.

racrane
August 23rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
My main issue are my tangles. My hair is fine and no matter what I do, it tangles. It's hard to leave down for a substantial amount of time. Oh well :)

Natalia
August 23rd, 2012, 08:02 PM
Getting in the way having to put it up to go to the bathroom or cook or look at anything on a low shelf in the store. Being afraid of self locking or revolving doors ect... Wash time even wo i take longer than most but alot shorter than S&C dry time takes eons too. Little cost compared to how much i love it :) but its anoying.

ETA: Hair ball on my floor and in my laundry is not a plus they do have a way of floating out of the trash can...

LuXious
August 23rd, 2012, 08:56 PM
This, or under a seat-belt or a bra strap :mad:

Also, my cat kind of knows how important my hair is to me so in the morning he blackmails me - wake up NOW and give me food and play with me or I'll sit/lay/walk/pull on your hair for as long as it's needed to change your mind. Doesn't matter if my hair is in a top-knot, braided or just loose. He always finds a way:)

He looks very proud of this in your avatar.

BrownEyedBeauty
August 24th, 2012, 07:06 AM
I would have to say its the time it takes to dry completely. It could take hours to fully dry especially the deeper hairs by the scalp area. This is a small issue as long as I wash my hair when I have the time for it as opposed to rushing in the mornings before I head out to work.

Amber_Maiden
August 24th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Cons for me are:

Oiling the ends
Having it up most of the time
It taking forever to dry
It getting snagged, pulled, caught etc when down
Painful knots
Brushing it taking a long time- so definitely cuts time out of my day along with oiling it, etc
Cost of products for it

jojo89
August 24th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Cons for me are:

Oiling the ends
Having it up most of the time
It taking forever to dry
It getting snagged, pulled, caught etc when down
Painful knots
Brushing it taking a long time- so definitely cuts time out of my day along with oiling it, etc
Cost of products for it
That is a lot of cons lol. It's comforting to know other people have similar issues. I think it will be worth it once my hair is where I want it to be. I really hate balls of hair stuck in my towels after being in the dryer.

Cowgirl16
August 24th, 2012, 10:34 AM
The only real con for me is that I really can't wear it down without it being EVERYWHERE :shrug:

celebriangel
August 24th, 2012, 11:31 AM
I can't really seem to wear it down without it being a nuisance/tangling - though that was at waist and with damaged hair that kept snagging. I suspect that when I grow it out again back to waist - I have cut off almost all the dye - it will be less of an issue.

MeowScat
August 25th, 2012, 02:58 AM
+1

My hair only takes about 6.5-7 hours to dry at my length (BSL+), but that's my biggest pet peeve. That said, I got it to dry in around four hours today. I took it out of my towel, separated it into five or six sections, and blotted each with my super-absorbent towel, then bent over at the waist and combed each downward. I flipped my head upside down a few times while drying and fluffed at the roots.

I've no idea if you already do all this, but thought I'd mention it in case it helped.

Thank you for the suggestion! I used to flip my hair over a few times and fluff at the scalp (it helped) but it made it soooo tangly so I had to quit doing that recently. Sometimes I sit with my back to a fan but I get cold after a few minutes so I don't do that all the time.

That's so awesome that you cut your drying time by 3 hours. Maybe I should try my Turbie Twist again. I just watched Cinnamon Hair's YouTube video on how she folds her knee-length hair into it. I thought it was for APL or shorter. Oops. :)

Bianca
August 25th, 2012, 04:54 AM
My hair is getting to a lenght where it gets stuck in my armpits. That, and tangles which is increasing with lenght and/or because I love to wear my hair down :p