PDA

View Full Version : Styling your hair (not braids or updos)

Meow78
August 22nd, 2012, 09:07 PM
I prefer my hair down, so what styling techniques have you come up with or do you use that are gentler? I've tried the sock bun curling method with little success. I'd like to hear any other ideas. Rollers? Etc?

blondie9912
August 22nd, 2012, 10:03 PM
Headband curls are supposed to be very good, also I find making a loose French braid and pinning it to my head with bobby pins gives me nice, smooth waves the next day. It's important to note that I don't secure the braid with an elastic, just bobby pin it to my head. I find this gives me more natural looking, less crimped waves.

riceball
August 22nd, 2012, 10:05 PM
I like to do two cinnabuns while my hair is damp. I take them out after an hour or so, and I get lovely curls/waves!

You just have to twist each section of hair pretty tightly to get the curls.

riceball
August 22nd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Headband curls are supposed to be very good, also I find making a loose French braid and pinning it to my head with bobby pins gives me nice, smooth waves the next day. It's important to note that I don't secure the braid with an elastic, just bobby pin it to my head. I find this gives me more natural looking, less crimped waves.

Oh that's a great idea! I wouldn't really have thought of that. My hair tapers a bit so I get weird crimps at the ends. So I will try pinning it and hope it stays while I sleep..

gratitudinous
August 23rd, 2012, 06:40 AM
I still have issues with 'styling' my hair to wear down, I can't get it to look any way I want... but here's some threads that might help! :flower:

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90030

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=69143

MeowScat
August 23rd, 2012, 07:10 AM
Plopping and half pulled through pony tails were my favorites for a while. Banded Pony tails look really cool, especially with different colored mini scrunchies every few inches down your length.

Plopping is great because it's so easy. Flip your hair over onto a scarf / thin towel / T-shirt laying on your bed. Plop your hair onto it, then fold up the scarf / towel / T-shirt and tie it off or secure with a scrunchie or claw clip on top of your head. I've slept with it that way and woke up to pretty waves and curls.

faithsdaisy421
August 23rd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Here is another good thread...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79857

Meow78
August 24th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Thanks for all the great ideas, I can't wait to give them a try.

celebriangel
August 24th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I tend to just damp bun it - a cinnabun since that's the only one I can do, but when my hair was longer I liked a gibraltar or a lazy wrap - then let it down and brushwith a tangle teezer. I get big, soft waves from my normally wurly hair doing this.

spirals
August 24th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I don't think 2b needs to be styled necessarily; it is so beautiful on it's own. When I was little I drew princess pictures all the time and they most often had long wavy hair. But if you want to do something, make a few rope braids and let them dry. You'll have spirally waves.

kitcatsmeow
August 24th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I almost always straighten my hair by wrapping it and then if I want to make it wavy I just dampen it and french braid, snake waves with bandannas or just damp bunning.