PDA

View Full Version : So today at work...

Rufflebutt
August 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
I was at work today taking orders when a lady who I estimate was in her late forties walked up(I work at McDonalds... heh.). She had really pretty blonde hair with some silvers showing. I noticed she was wearing a nice hair stick and told her that I thought it was pretty and that I love hairsticks. She said thankyou, we exchanged small talk, and she parted with her drink that she ordered. When... she turned around and her hair was in a VERY distinct lazy-wrap bun. :o

I wanted so badly to ask if she learned that from an online forum called "The Long Hair Community", but I didn't for fear that she would look at me and have no idea what I was talking about. Any of you guys have any experiences like this?

Yozhik
August 22nd, 2012, 09:22 PM
Hmmm! I bet she was a member!

I don't know -- it a lazy wrap bun a hairstyle that the general populace knows? :hmm:

I also used to run into women IRL who were wearing ficcares or fakkares. Once I even asked one of my coworkers about it, but I guess they're somewhat widespread and sold in Nordstrom's, so she had no idea what I was talking about. :o

Rufflebutt
August 22nd, 2012, 09:29 PM
Hmmm! I bet she was a member!

I don't know -- it a lazy wrap bun a hairstyle that the general populace knows? :hmm:

I also used to run into women IRL who were wearing ficcares or fakkares. Once I even asked one of my coworkers about it, but I guess they're somewhat widespread and sold in Nordstrom's, so she had no idea what I was talking about. :o That's what I was wondering. To be honest, I have an inkling that she was probably the kind of long hair that you would see on LHC. But I'm not sure if LHC is the only board of it's kind or it there are tons of natural hair care boards like this who are just as active.

But for all I know, should could have likely not have been active anywhere and just enjoys natural hair care in her free time.

vanillabones
August 22nd, 2012, 10:04 PM
I see tons of longhairs every day at my work I work at Cracker Barrel and I have seen all the way to calf length. I have seen every type of hair I imagine :) I've seen flexi8's and amazing braids but really not a lot of really nice updos/buns! Or maybe I don't pay that close attention. Maybe she is a member and will see your thread.

tiarefleur
August 22nd, 2012, 10:10 PM
Yep! :) In fact I just started a similar thread a few weeks ago:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=98138

Apparently we are not alone!