PDA

View Full Version : Longest Lasting Dark Brown Henna/Indigo mix for really fine hair?

lionessmane
August 22nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
Hey all,

I wanted to ask, what dark brown henna/indigo mix has worked the best for anyone with very fine hair? I hear that fine hair loses color more quickly and am really not sure of what brand to go with. Basically, all I want is for the henna mix to last maybe two weeks without fading dramatically.

I have tried Rainbow and Light Mountain brand. Neither lasted very long. I made sure to cure the henna mix overnight, adding a little vinegar to release the pigment, and only applying on very clean hair. Yet within a few washes the color fades like crazy. I naturally have medium brown hair.

Should I buy Black henna/indigo mix instead? Would it last longer? Or are there truly better brands that would stick to my fine hair longer?

Thanks!

JellyBene
August 22nd, 2012, 05:55 PM
My hair is pretty fine and my henndigo mix sticks like glue! It gives more of a soft black than a dark brown but if you're interested I actually use the light mountain brand black, BUT I add one teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of amla powder and for my liquid I use a super dark brewed tea or coffee. I bet you could do the same thing with the light mountain brand dark brown instead of black. If I use it without the added ingredients, mine fades too

lionessmane
August 22nd, 2012, 06:26 PM
JellyBene,

I would kill for your hair! If your hair is thin, well, then perhaps you have a lot of it cause it looks great.

I think that if I go with Black that it will last longer than dark brown. I may just try your mix.

May I ask why you use salt, though? And how long do you let the hendigo mix cure? And how long do you leave it on your hair? Do you use heat?

JellyBene
August 23rd, 2012, 12:23 AM
Thank you and yes I do have a lot of hair :) I use salt to minimize warm tones and give it a cooler tone, and I think it just helps it stick better. I let the tea brew for like 2 hours so it's super black and then re-heat it to a boil when I am ready to use the henndigo. Once I mix the tea in I don't really let it set, I just use it immediately or as soon as its not scalding hot from the tea. I usually apply the mix right before bed and leave it on overnight, though it's drippy so put a towel over your pillow. I rinse it out the next day and to make sure it lasts, I don't wash it for a couple days after that