PDA

View Full Version : Molasses, MSM, Biotin, Soy Lecithin Hair Mask

lionessmane
August 22nd, 2012, 05:37 PM
Hey all,

I realize that I am still pretty new to the forums and that if you check my previous posts, it may seem a bit unnerving that I am currently using so many different, albiet natural, products all at once in such a short time. With that being said, my super fine hair seems to already be benefiting from the bombardment of nutrition and natural products has received.

I have come up with a hair mask that I really like. Perhaps someone else on the forums has tried this, but at any rate, here is the recipe. I will say again that I have very fine, breakable hair caused by stress and bad diet. If you have hair of a different texture, this may not work for you.

This mask made my hair really shiny and a bit thicker. I will caution you in saying that if you apply it, you may get freaked out because after about an hour it will feel as though you have glue in your hair! Eek! But with a little shampoo, baking soda and your fav conditioner(i use mane n tail, only one that doesn't weigh my hair down), the glueyness will dissapear and you will be left with shinier, thicker hair. Ya might wanna do a strand test first.

The following recipe makes a small batch. I have chest length hair, and when I evenly distributed the mix, my hair ended up being very lightly coated. You can increase the amount if you want more heavy distribution. Mainly, I concentrated the mix on my scalp so as to hopefully grow thicker hair and lift the roots.

SO, here are the ingredients...

3 TB MSM powder
1 biotin capsule
2 TB blackstrap molasses
1 TB Soy Lecithin
2 TB Hibiscus Powder(I would say this is optional)
Strong Catnip tea(add until the mixture is a bit runny)

Mix all of these ingredients well. You may need to use a blender. You want the MSM and soy lecithin to dissolve. Apply the mix, working it into the scalp very well, then begin to distribute through rest of hair. Cover hair, let sit for an hour. Wash out well.

Let me know if you guys try it or if you think it is a good idea! Thanks.

tiny_teesha
November 17th, 2014, 06:33 AM
I made a mask just now of cleansing herbs, mucilage herbs, lecithin and gelatin and i don't know what happened. My hair feels like straw so I thought the ph was of but an acv mask did nothing. Either did a deep conditioning mask. I can run my fingers through it but it feels so dry. I think either the protein was too much or the lecithin did the opposite of what it should and sucked the moisture out! I'm sleeping in a damp bun soaked in a drop conditioning mask. So a warning when you work with molasses and other humectants. This had happened to me before.

ZeppHead
November 17th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Sadly I cant try this as I'm CO :(