PDA

View Full Version : How many of you use the Blog feature?

Sylvestrix
August 22nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hello all!

Have done a google search with all the word combinations I can think of, and can't seem to find a thread of this nature, so I thought I'd pop in and ask! If a thread to this effect as already been opened and I missed it, I'm very sorry!

Having only moments ago made the decision to begin using my blog, I was just wondering how many of you make use of yours? Or if any of you have a blog outwith the site?

If yes to either of the above, what do you post on your blogs? Do you have a dedicated theme?

Just a general curiosity!

WaitingSoLong
August 22nd, 2012, 01:11 PM
I don't.

I have never had a blog anywhere. The concept seems somewhat appealing to me (I write constantly) but I never have anything to say. Plus, I don't read blogs, so I figure no one would want to read mine anyway.

PinkyCat
August 22nd, 2012, 01:13 PM
1,623 of us to be precise! Info in the blog stats box.
I do but not often.

Madora
August 22nd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Just began using the blog feature here at LHC a short while ago.

Mostly it concerns my hair braiding attempts with pictures included.

I'm not really into blogging but decided to start one because the picture function was down and blogging afforded me an area to post my latest attempts.

akilina
August 22nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
I don't blog anywhere.
I figure I am not that important to people on the net, Or the things I do. If I want to share something with my friends- I tell them in real life. Or if there is something I want to personally share with someone here I send them a PM or VM ;]
It is kind of like instagram to me...I don't care enough to use that As well, I do not care about what your kids are doing, or some picture of a plant with a different setting, or an "artsy" photo of the food you are eating. :poot::agree:

The LHC is the only forum I go on, and don't get me wrong I love this site, and I love talking to others thru visitor messages and PMs and having discussions on the forums :) There is no one in my life that is hair obsessed and understanding like all of you. I do like hearing about random hair things too that everyone likes to share.
Face book is what I have if I want to tell my friends something silly and pointless.

I do see that the blog function here is great since we can not upload photos :( *sad face* but I still go back to thinking "who cares enough to look at my blog? Probably no one."

gillybeanxo3921
August 22nd, 2012, 01:32 PM
I do, not really for other people to read, but just so that I can keep track of what I'm doing :D

Shepherdess
August 22nd, 2012, 01:35 PM
I have been considering posting some blogs on my hair care routines. I like the idea of the blogs here since I have noticed that I can't see many of the blogs without being signed into my account. So having the option to privacy makes it more appealing to me. :)

Arakazi
August 22nd, 2012, 01:35 PM
I really want to but I not too sure what I would write about!! :D I must start reading them...

Vanille_
August 22nd, 2012, 01:37 PM
Yes I have a blog here. I don't really post hair related things often. Usually just interesting life updates. I try to keep them as brief as possible because I know some people will skip it if it's long. I also try to post at least a picture or two - usually funny/cute ones of my cats. For instance, I'm in Vail right now so I'll post a picture from here.

CurlyCap
August 22nd, 2012, 01:39 PM
I don't read or write on the blog sections. I find them hard to access and know what to read, and I don't want to spend the time reading a bunch of blogs to find one that interests me.

I actually prefer the threads posted in appropriate sections of LHC. The section tells me what the topic will be about, and the number of hits tells me how interesting the thread is.

I guess it all comes down to how I like to interact with the internet.

LaFlor
August 22nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
I've just recently started visiting and using the blog section of the site. I'm loving it actually. It's nice to read some off topic stuff that might be too pointless or personal for a whole thread. It's helping me to get to know more about some of my fellow members.

I feel like I get a peak into the lives of some other members, which I like, because there are some really interesting, funny, and entertaining people here. Plus it's nice to have a place to share something that no one else would really care about.

It's not for everyone, but the main people I seee in the blogs are all really nice!

tambalina
August 22nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
I have a blog here, but I seldom use it. Like Gillybean, I use it to keep track of where I am in my hair journey.

Sylvestrix
August 22nd, 2012, 01:46 PM
I don't.

I have never had a blog anywhere. The concept seems somewhat appealing to me (I write constantly) but I never have anything to say. Plus, I don't read blogs, so I figure no one would want to read mine anyway.

This is exactly what I thought about mine, but then I was helped to see that it can just be a place to spill out the things in my head without everyone having to look at them, which is always a good thing for someone like me!

1,623 of us to be precise! Info in the blog stats box.
I do but not often.

Wow, I didn't know we had a blog stats box. Must pay more attention when I'm looking at a page!

Just began using the blog feature here at LHC a short while ago.

Mostly it concerns my hair braiding attempts with pictures included.

I'm not really into blogging but decided to start one because the picture function was down and blogging afforded me an area to post my latest attempts.

I always love pictures! I think mine may be following a similar vein, though probably with less pictures as my styles rarely get ar enough for pictures to be taken!

I don't blog anywhere.
I figure I am not that important to people on the net, Or the things I do. If I want to share something with my friends- I tell them in real life. Or if there is something I want to personally share with someone here I send them a PM or VM ;]
It is kind of like instagram to me...I don't care enough to use that As well, I do not care about what your kids are doing, or some picture of a plant with a different setting, or an "artsy" photo of the food you are eating. :poot::agree:

The LHC is the only forum I go on, and don't get me wrong I love this site, and I love talking to others thru visitor messages and PMs and having discussions on the forums :) There is no one in my life that is hair obsessed and understanding like all of you. I do like hearing about random hair things too that everyone likes to share.
Face book is what I have if I want to tell my friends something silly and pointless.

I do see that the blog function here is great since we can not upload photos :( *sad face* but I still go back to thinking "who cares enough to look at my blog? Probably no one."

I think out of general curiosity, many people might look! But about the instagram/don't care eqivalency, that's partly why I wanted to start using mine- so I could keep all the random crap people may not want to see out of their way, not cluttering up the forums, but there on the off chance someone wants to know what my shoelaces are doing today xD This way, it's not in everyones face, which makes me feel better!

I do, not really for other people to read, but just so that I can keep track of what I'm doing :D

I have a blog here, but I seldom use it. Like Gillybean, I use it to keep track of where I am in my hair journey.

I think thats a great way to use them, it must be so much easier to keep track of your progress that way!

I have been considering posting some blogs on my hair care routines. I like the idea of the blogs here since I have noticed that I can't see all of the blogs without being signed into my account. So having the option to privacy makes it more appealing to me. :)

I think it's great that the blogs are more of a private space- I know nothing is really private on the internet, but they're a little more so! I personally would very much enjoy reading bout your routine!

I really want to but I not too sure what I would write about!! :D I must start reading them...

I've just recently started visiting and using the blog section of the site. I'm loving it actually. It's nice to read some off topic stuff that might be too pointless or personal for a whole thread. It's helping me to get to know more about some of my fellow members.

I feel like I get a peak into the lives of some other members, which I like, because there are some really interesting, funny, and entertaining people here. Plus it's nice to have a place to share something that no one else would really care about.

It's not for everyone, but the main people I seee in the blogs are all really nice!

I had this problem too, 'till someone pointed out it didn't really matter what I wrote about- I could write whatever came into my head because it was my blog! Very comforting to have a little space where you can spill whatever comes to mind.

Yes I have a blog here. I don't really post hair related things often. Usually just interesting life updates. I try to keep them as brief as possible because I know some people will skip it if it's long. I also try to post at least a picture or two - usually funny/cute ones of my cats. For instance, I'm in Vail right now so I'll post a picture from here.

I love cat pictures. I realise it's possibly the ultimate in internet banality, but I still love looking at other peoples cats doing weird things!

I don't read or write on the blog sections. I find them hard to access and know what to read, and I don't want to spend the time reading a bunch of blogs to find one that interests me.

I actually prefer the threads posted in appropriate sections of LHC. The section tells me what the topic will be about, and the number of hits tells me how interesting the thread is.

I guess it all comes down to how I like to interact with the internet.

I really enjoy the threads too, but I've begun to worry that I'm starting threads that are sort of pointless, or at least not important enough to need a thread- thus, I shall keep my ramblings to my blog, and my relevant things to the threads!

moxamoll
August 22nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
I use mine. Mostly for hair, but other stuff seeps in as well. It's a good way to learn about fellow members. And I often see stuff in threads, that I think doesn't really belong there... I'd have put it in a blog. ;)

Shepherdess
August 22nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
I think it's great that the blogs are more of a private space- I know nothing is really private on the internet, but they're a little more so! I personally would very much enjoy reading bout your routine!

Thank you! If I do make one, I will let you know! Would you mind if I added you to my friends list just so I can find you if I do make one? :D

Garnet66
August 22nd, 2012, 02:03 PM
I'm the opposite of most people. I mainly use my blog to vent my feelings about everyday life. The good and the bad. I like that people can give me advice and support even though I would NEVER ask for it in a thread. I'm really shy, so I treat my blog like I was talking to a dear friend. I also try to read as many blogs as I can. I don't comment on them but I do read them.

Sylvestrix
August 22nd, 2012, 02:13 PM

I totally agree! I think I'm going to enjoy having my own little corner of the forum to post in without worrying that I might be bothering anyone with my wonderings ^^

I use mine. Mostly for hair, but other stuff seeps in as well. It's a good way to learn about fellow members. And I often see stuff in threads, that I think doesn't really belong there... I'd have put it in a blog. ;)
This is what I'll be doing from now on! =D

Thank you! If I do make one, I will let you know! Would you mind if I added you to my friends list just so I can find you if I do make one? :D

Definitely! :D Always delighted to add new people, and do let me know if you decide to start one!

I'm the opposite of most people. I mainly use my blog to vent my feelings about everyday life. The good and the bad. I like that people can give me advice and support even though I would NEVER ask for it in a thread. I'm really shy, so I treat my blog like I was talking to a dear friend. I also try to read as many blogs as I can. I don't comment on them but I do read them.

I think thats a brilliant way to look at it. I would find it more comfortable to post these things on my blog too, where only people who were interested would see them, rather than exposing them to the whole forum where they could generate some sort of trouble. I think I'm going to enjoy my little blog!

SerinaDaith
August 22nd, 2012, 02:50 PM
I use mine for hair tracking stuffs, every so often someone will comment which is lovely to be honest.

justgreen
August 22nd, 2012, 02:55 PM

I'm the opposite, I love reading a long blog exerpt. I especially like it when they are broken down into specific things in a person's life. Like, Hair, Pics, pets *epecially cats!* shopping, school, food, and also love it when folks buy a new product, give a link to it and/or provide a link that has the ingredients.

I don't read or write on the blog sections. I find them hard to access and know what to read, and I don't want to spend the time reading a bunch of blogs to find one that interests me. guess it all comes down to how I like to interact with the internet.

All you do is hit the blog button on the bar at the top, on the left side. Scan the titles (every entry has to have a title) that might look interesting, or look for members that you enjoy reading their postings on the boards. Then if you like that person's blog, you can subscribe to it and it will show up in your subscriptions every time the member blogs.

I read a lot of them, but don't post a lot unless I have lots of time on my hands. Some times I just write 'justy was here', so that they know people are reading!:p

pepperminttea
August 22nd, 2012, 02:59 PM
Not properly, no. I keep a personal blog elsewhere, it seems an odd amount of information to store on a forum to me, and often I just need somewhere quiet to vent - I don't particularly want feedback or help. I just want a repository for my thoughts to stop them bouncing around in my brain. :p I also don't find opening up to others easy so it's important to me to keep a space for myself where I don't have to hold back at all.

That, and like CurlyCap, I don't find the blog sections all that user-friendly or easy to navigate. :shrug: I often feel like this means I'm missing out, with so many of the long-time members having retreated to the blogs, but blogging here just isn't for me.

Vanille_
August 22nd, 2012, 02:59 PM
I'm the opposite, I love reading a long blog exerpt. I especially like it when they are broken down into specific things in a person's life. Like, Hair, Pics, pets *epecially cats!* shopping, school, food, and also love it when folks buy a new product, give a link to it and/or provide a link that has the ingredients.

It's good to know other people read long blogs. I too enjoy reading some of the longer blogs. I LOVE hearing reviews with links too! And pictures are my favorite.

sloth
August 22nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
I just started using the blog here. It seems like a useful way to keep track of my hair progress and whatnot, and I like that it's on-site, because I don't really have a main computer or anything.

I also have a writing and craft blog off-site, that I generally post writing and publishing advice in, and... craft pictures.

KittyBird
August 22nd, 2012, 03:10 PM
I started using mine today. Mainly I'll use it to post hair updates and pictures of updos and toys, but I'll include some personal stuff too if I feel like it.:)

Bianca
August 22nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
I use mine. From time to time :) Mostly about hair, but also other stuff.

MrsGuther
August 22nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
I write a blog on LHC. I dont have that many entries though. When I do write in my blog, I write about hair related stuff mostly.

mrs_coffee
August 22nd, 2012, 04:12 PM
I blog here sporadically. I have another blog too, on Wordpress, but it's not hair related.

Tia2010
August 22nd, 2012, 04:24 PM
I like to read blogs ( I read a lot of them here) but I don't write any. No one would want to read them because they would be too scattered..like my mind :D

shutterpillar
August 22nd, 2012, 05:14 PM
I use the blog provided by LHC from time to time. I think I only have three blog posts.

I do have a blog outside of LHC that I update more frequently, but that is a family blog and I prefer not to share it with the public.

koala
August 22nd, 2012, 06:55 PM
I think I'm going to start using it now. I never thought about it until seeing this thread.

Really, I just don't have people to talk about my hair with. I'd like to be able to write and rant and complain when I need to in a place where people understand.

brave
August 22nd, 2012, 07:42 PM
I like the blogs. They're a good place for some things I would think are too pointless or self-focused for the actual forums. Sometimes I get frustrated with forum posts, because some of them really don't generate conversation and are more of a "this is my hair and this is about it!" Which is great, and what the site is for, but works much better in a blog.

I also like the semi-anonymous support on some things. And I really enjoying following some of my favorite posters.

Carolyn
August 22nd, 2012, 07:52 PM
I spend probably 3/4 of my time here in the blogs. There are very few threads that interest me anymore. The blogs are far more interesting. Blogland is like a bunch of friends chatting away. I feel much more comfortable asking for advice and feedback in my blog that I do out on the boards. I read everyone who I've interacted with on the boards and those whose names are familiar to me. I'll check out new ones too. The all about hair ones aren't as interesting to me as the ones about life and family and venting. I don't have a photo album here. All my pics are in my blog. I don't see the point of an album too. So please start a blog if you don't have one. It doesn't have to be all about hair. I love reading about your shopping and your knitting and your pets. Rants are welcome reading too. I like how you can get to know someone from their blog writing.

EdG
August 22nd, 2012, 08:00 PM
When I first joined LHC, I had no intention of ever writing a blog. I posted a short note explaining why I didn't have a blog.

The blog entry received over 50 replies. :bigeyes: It turned out there were readers.

It became a running joke that my attempt at "EdG's Non-Blog" had turned into a blog. I could have captioned the entry "Epic Fail". :o

Nowadays, I blog on rare occasions. "EdG's Non-Blog" is technically "EdG's Rarely-Blog". :D
Ed

Rufflebutt
August 22nd, 2012, 08:55 PM
I would but I don't have access to it quite yet.

FrozenBritannia
August 22nd, 2012, 08:56 PM
I use it! I like it, I can make posts to remind myself what I have tried, or not tried with my hair, questions about life, or shopping finds, or wierd moments in my life. A lot of the time if I have a hair related question or want an opinion on something, I just post it in my blog instead of making a thread about it. While there would probably be more replies in the thread, I like that the replies I get on the blog are people that I interact with on a regular basis (through blogs) and I feel that their opinions weigh more than just someone who may or may not have read the whole thread, or not know the circumstances of the issue. Sometimes there is backstory in other blog posts, wheras in a thread there is only the information the poster gives in that moment.

JMHO.

frogs
August 26th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I use the blog feature and i love it! I have a blog about my everyday life (on baik.blogg.se) but on my blog here o LHC i write about hair and progress (or, i will, when i get some progress... haha) and i love it! :)

jacqueline101
August 26th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I blog but not a lot.

PraiseCheeses
August 26th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I love the blogs here, and spend a lot more time there than in the forums. It's nice to really learn more about my fellow members as people and not just backs of heads. Besides, a lot of the threads have become repetitive or the answers I would have given in-thread have already been said, and there's little use for me to clutter up the fora.

I love reading the longer, more personal blog entries. :)

Lostsoule77
August 26th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I just started one recently on here. I've enjoyed reading blogs, elsewhere, for years. I never thought to start one myself and never really forayed into that section of this site before a recent thread. I just ramble about whatever is on my mind, hair, life, whatever. I have a bad memory and this could help me in the future. It's nice to get solutions to problems or commiseration from others in the same situation. It's great to get things off of my mind, even if noone reads it. I also think it's a great way to allow others to get to know me a bit better, if they want.

I really like reading other people's blogs. It lets me get to know them better too. Plus a lot of them are interesting or cute, etc.

It's a great part of this site and I'm just sorry I didn't take advantage of them before now.

akilina
August 26th, 2012, 11:26 AM
So, I did just look at peoples blogs for the first time the other day. I will say its kind of fun to look at them :)
I won't make my own though.

Nae
August 26th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Sometimes, I am a very intermittent blogger. And I don't read other blogs often. I just don't feel like I have very much going on.