PDA

View Full Version : CG update.

misspurdy06
August 22nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
It's been a couple of weeks now and I'm still having trouble with the no brushing concept but I have made great strides.

Pre CG

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/beforeafterfauxbob.jpg

Here's week one...

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/myhair1wCG.jpg

Week 2 or 3. Post haircolor. Not too much of a difference but more spiraly at the ends.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/cgCURLS.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/cgCurly1.jpg

I have a feeling if my hair were shorter it would be much curlier. I have a short lock of hair underneath my hair at the nape of my neck that is a real curl!

akilina
August 22nd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Hey I am really curious. I have asked a few about the CG method.
I was wondering if you could tell me your own routine?? :)
I am interested to try. I am not curly...but if I could get a little wave to show, if be happy.

maborosi
August 22nd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Oh, I like it! Your hair looks much smoother in those last pictures than the first one, I think. I really like your hair's texture- it's awesome!

~maborosi~

misspurdy06
August 22nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
Hey I am really curious. I have asked a few about the CG method.
I was wondering if you could tell me your own routine?? :)
I am interested to try. I am not curly...but if I could get a little wave to show, if be happy.
I wash WO then when I'm done showering I put a palm sized amount of conditioner Suave Naturals in my hair. Just on the ends. When I get it on my scalp I get this weird hot flash feeling on my scalp. On the days I really want to encourage the curl I use Aussie leave in conditioner/mousse. Air dry. No touching.

akilina
August 22nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Ahh okay, thanks. I am just trying to find something that will work for me :)
I already CO, so I guess I could just change my technique... I heard some do the scalp wash, then wash the length with conditioner, and then do the process where they put some conditioner in as a leave in and scrunch and plop then put it in a cotton T shirt of towel..This shall be trial and error for me :)

faithsdaisy421
August 22nd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Ahh okay, thanks. I am just trying to find something that will work for me :)
I already CO, so I guess I could just change my technique... I heard some do the scalp wash, then wash the length with conditioner, and then do the process where they put some conditioner in as a leave in and scrunch and plop then put it in a cotton T shirt of towel..This shall be trial and error for me :)
When I do CG, that is what I do. Sometimes I will add some gel, or instead of using more conditioner at the end I will use some shea smoothie stuff. I am still trying to decide if I like the wave my hair gets, sometimes it doesn't feel quite curly enough, other days I love the way it looks.

misspurdy06
August 22nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
In highschool my friend wanted me to do her hair like mine. Scrunched with mousse. But her hair was pin straight and I didn't know back then (She didn't either) that your hair has to be wurly to begin with to achieve the scrunched with mousse look.

By the time I was done with her hair I gave it my best effort. It just looked damp and crunchy lol.

This just reminded me of that.

akilina
August 22nd, 2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah I am worried that I don't have enough texture already. I definitely have some though...my hair has big waves. I think if it were longer (is it ever going to get there? geez...) it would be really pretty and have big flowing waves.

misspurdy06
August 22nd, 2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah I am worried that I don't have enough texture already. I definitely have some though...my hair has big waves. I think if it were longer (is it ever going to get there? geez...) it would be really pretty and have big flowing waves.
Your hair will get there. It helps to forget about for a while. Focus on something else. It's not easy.

I'm going back to college later this month. I hope that distracts me.

blondie9912
August 22nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
Wow, so pretty!! CG has really brought out your texture

akilina
August 22nd, 2012, 10:55 PM
I gave this technique a try with no success :/
It seems it takes a week or a few times? But I just don't think my hair has anything special to show me.

misspurdy06
August 23rd, 2012, 03:44 AM
I gave this technique a try with no success :/
It seems it takes a week or a few times? But I just don't think my hair has anything special to show me.
Any amount of scrunching makes my hair wavier product or no.

The weeks using CG method has just made my hair smoother, easier to manage and more defined curls. Basically I stopped fighting my natural texture.

I used to smooth my hair while it was damp till it was as straight as possible. That is my hair in the first picture.

Tota
August 23rd, 2012, 04:20 AM
Gorgeous waves!