PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if...

Rufflebutt
August 21st, 2012, 10:15 PM
You were to wake up tomorrow morning to find that you had grow hair all the way down to your ankles overnight? You wake up and find your hair thick all the way down to your ends and looking flawless.

My first reaction would be confusion, and then happiness. But I would probably see a doctor as that would be very strange if it were to actually happen. But it would be a very pleasant surprise!

Freckled.Thing
August 21st, 2012, 10:31 PM
I would probably faint with joy. Then I would spend the whole day doing fancy braided updos and taking pictures. I'd probably cut it back to knee length pretty quickly and probably eventually to classic but who knows. It'd be fun to at least know what it's like to have hair that long.

Geeze, now I'm just day dreaming about this happening! ^ ^

MissPetite2010
August 21st, 2012, 10:43 PM
Well, I'd be like WHAT!?! I've turned into Rapunzel!?! lol no just kidding. Actually, I'd be thrilled, but probably end up getting it cut down to wl or tb. Being 4'7, and that much hair I don't think would look right on me. Although, it would cover my bottom. lol It would be fun checking out really long hair styles. :) The length I'm at now. I'm surprised. This is the longest it has been. Excited. Few inches to go 'til waist. :)

PeaceTeaRules
August 21st, 2012, 10:46 PM
IF that did happen I would definitely be confused... Then I'd spend the entire day combing it and wondering exactly what happened? A miracle?

... I wish that it really would happen because right now my hair wants to be stubborn and grow at it's own pace... Which seems painfully slow for me but maybe I'm just obsessing a little...

:big grin:

Kayla Nyx
August 21st, 2012, 10:48 PM
I would most likely cry with happiness, and marvel at it for a few hours. Then I would play around trying different updo's with my hair fork, hair stick, and all my pretty chop sticks. then I would most likely brush it and braid it and laugh and run around and pretty much freak out. Lol. My mom would try to make me cut it. :D If I woke up with my hair to my ankles and didnt like it, the SHORTEST I would trim it to could be mid-calf.

Meow78
August 21st, 2012, 10:53 PM
Geesh I got excited just imagining that. I'd hug it figure out how to protect it then see a doc lol.

battles
August 21st, 2012, 10:58 PM
Braid it, spin in circles.

Trim to mid thigh.

Repeat.

CaitlinMarie93
August 21st, 2012, 11:01 PM
I would be ecstatic. I would be really confused at first, "sweet mother of pearl, who sprinkled miracle grow in my conditioner!?" After that, I would probably enjoy such beautiful updos but then cut to tailbone length :) It sure would be awesome to get to my goal all in one night's sleep. I'll be sure to cross my fingers tonight ;)

brave
August 21st, 2012, 11:04 PM
I would be like "CRAP! Where's my computer? LHC WILL NEVER BELIEVE THIS."

catamonica
August 21st, 2012, 11:25 PM
I would like it for a few days. Then cut it to 2 inches past the knees. It would be to long for me.

Happyhomemama
August 21st, 2012, 11:34 PM
I'd run over here to figure out what to do with it!

Deanna

4C4rly4
August 22nd, 2012, 12:23 AM
I'd first be like WTF?!?! Then I'd become the happiest girl on earth and spend my entire day playing with my hair, and maybe go outside to show it off to the world!

gnome82
August 22nd, 2012, 12:31 AM
I think I would be stunned, I would be visiting everyone I know showing them how much it grew overnight :O

Neneka
August 22nd, 2012, 01:44 AM
I would first think that I am still asleep. Then I would be really happy and start trying up dos.

Rish
August 22nd, 2012, 02:03 AM
enjoy it for an hr or 2 and take some pics, but would probably trim to my goal which was classic.

Geneva99
August 22nd, 2012, 02:05 AM
I'd do this :disco: and then this :hollie:

MissAlida
August 22nd, 2012, 02:11 AM
I'd probably think that I've gone mad. Then I'd play with it, and probably cut it to TBL. I'd search for updos on youtube, and fail miserably on doing them. :D

Iolanthe13
August 22nd, 2012, 02:42 AM
Hmmm. Mine would be two-toned, with the last two feet or so henna red and still with old chemical damage. So I'd probably chop off that bit, and live with my natural colour for a little while - I barely remember it, to be honest! Eventually I'd try to lighten my natural colour slightly, and maybe henna over it? Ultimately I think I'd have hip-length long layers, and sell the rest of the hair.

SongofLove
August 22nd, 2012, 03:02 AM
Get most of it cut and donate to Locks of Love

...NOT!!! ;)

First I would SQUEEEEEE with joy. Next, I would take a picture. Then I would attempt to comb it. I would also try to figure out some easy updos for that length and spend time practicing them---try my best to get used to it. I'd imagine I might have to enlist someone to help me wash it or need to buy a HUMONGOUS shower cap.

This is a great thread...It would be so strange and disorienting to suddenly have such long hair. But how exhilarating it would be!

Tota
August 22nd, 2012, 03:39 AM
I wanted to write I would cut it to TBL (which is my ultimate goal) but I don't think I would dare to throw away such an amazing gift :) So I guess I would take some photos, then do a braided updo and wait for my bf to come home to see if it's true or am I completely gone crazy and imagining things.

Theobroma
August 22nd, 2012, 04:30 AM
Make a beeline for Youtube tutorials and then immediately construct the awesomely head-eating Celtic knot that I can't wait to do, but won't be able to pull off for years yet! :D

Garnet66
August 22nd, 2012, 05:01 AM
I honestly don't know what I'd do. I'd probably brush it and swing it around. Then I'd go to Wally World to show it off. After that I'd probably try to do some sort of updo. But since I have no clue how to do any updo's I'd probably brush it and swing it around again. After a while I'd probably cut it to classic length.

Garnet66
August 22nd, 2012, 05:04 AM
I would be like "CRAP! Where's my computer? LHC WILL NEVER BELIEVE THIS."

So funny! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

MonaMayfair
August 22nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
I'd be ecstatic about the thickness, because my hair used to be super thick, but I've lost a lot of it due to thyroid shedding (though I'm the only one to notice the difference luckily, but it's very noticeable to me)
I'd get it cut to mid back or waist, with lots of layers asap though, I wouldn't want extremely long hair. I couldn't wear it loose and I don't like updos.

GrowingOut
August 22nd, 2012, 05:54 AM
"HOLY SHASTERICK! IT'S MY DREAM COME TRUE!" I would then wake up everyone in my house. I might have to enlist my mom or sister to brush all 5'4" of it, but I'd learn to work with it.

It shall normally be braided, with VERY large buns. If it does become a problem after a while, the most I can bear to cut is ~5-10 inches, mid-calf to just below knee.

Remember, to grow to a length like that could be once-in-a-lifetime, to cut is less than 5 minuets.

KwaveT
August 22nd, 2012, 06:13 AM
I be in a state of shock. Once I am through that I would looking at how to do different kinds of buns. Hair that long would most certainly have to be in a bun much of the time to prevent damage.

minxe
August 22nd, 2012, 06:36 AM
Cry, comb it, cry more, take pictures, cry again, attempt to do the braid from Tangled, go outside and pretend I'm a princess, cry some more, repeat.

Vampyria
August 22nd, 2012, 06:40 AM
I wouldn't really know what to do with it. First I would probably take a picture and then cut to classic length an see how it feels and looks, make some braid, try up-dos, take some pictures. After a week or sooner I would probably cut it to hip (or maybe not, I honestly can't even imagine having my hair so long).

ETA: firstly I would think that I'm dreaming and would ask someone to pinch me. :p Then I would be thrilled.

JoieBruce
August 22nd, 2012, 07:15 AM
After I untangled my three year old from it (she sleeps with me) I'd take out the tiny bit of it that's my waist length sleep braid, then wake my husband up and call my mom. If they agreed that it wasn't my imagination I'd probably pass out.

Amorice
August 22nd, 2012, 07:19 AM
1) Scream

2) Brush it, braid it, up-do it, and generally play with it until the ends inevitably get worn out

3) Cut to classic

renia22
August 22nd, 2012, 07:25 AM
Probably cut it to a few inches past my shoulders & donate the rest to a charity that makes wigs. Someone else would probably appreciate all of that hair too!! Share the wealth!!

sakuraemily
August 22nd, 2012, 07:28 AM
I'd do that hairstyle that Rapunzel had in tangled with the flowers and all and I'd have people stare with jealousy!
I'd do different hairstyles each day.

Madora
August 22nd, 2012, 07:36 AM
Oh, do I ever know what I'd do! Braid it loosely and then wind the braid around my head as much as I could!

MaryO
August 22nd, 2012, 07:36 AM
I would faint with joy, probably accidentally let it catch fire and pray that it would happen again!:rolling:

Shadow Walker
August 22nd, 2012, 07:49 AM
I'd be insanely happy, and probably in shock for a few minutes while I checked to see if it was for real. I'd also have to call up one of my friends who likes my hair and have her show me some ways of putting it up, though I'd love to wear it loose and show it off. :D

millyaulait
August 22nd, 2012, 07:49 AM
I would cocoon myself in it, wrap it around my neck like a giant scarf, twirl around, make a super awesome braid....... then cut it to waist! :D

1nuitblanche
August 22nd, 2012, 08:10 AM
I'd be confused for sure. And I'd probably look at it for a while, take a few pictures, and then cut to calf. Although, I imagine I should take advantage of it and keep it for a week or two.

PetuniaBlossom
August 22nd, 2012, 08:22 AM
Oh, wow, I'd freak! I'd be sobbing for joy and doing a major happy dance. Since I'm a klutz, I'd probably get my feet all tangled up in it and fall down!
I'm very tall, so that would be a lot of hair. I'd play with it all day, take lots of pictures.
And, since I had that one miracle, I'd go to sleep and dream of another: that all my teeth would grow back! Adios, dentures! Buahahaha!

torrilin
August 22nd, 2012, 08:24 AM
You were to wake up tomorrow morning to find that you had grow hair all the way down to your ankles overnight? You wake up and find your hair thick all the way down to your ends and looking flawless.

My first reaction would be confusion, and then happiness. But I would probably see a doctor as that would be very strange if it were to actually happen. But it would be a very pleasant surprise!

No, it wouldn't be a pleasant surprise. Step zero would be call the doctor, and try to get an appointment with my regular doc. She's a longhair, so she'd get why I'm freaked out. Step one would be detangle. If it grew like that overnight, I'd have massive protodreadlocks forming. Figure that takes around 8 hours of careful poking to get hair I can finger comb again.

Then try to finangle it into some kind of updo. I doubt I get to keep the length, as my current bike helmet is sized so my waist length hair barely fits under it. Chances are ankle length doesn't fit at all and I'll have to either chop or ride to the doctor's without a helmet.

I'm sure there are worse horrible ways to wake up, but that would be high on my list.

Lady Neeva
August 22nd, 2012, 09:12 AM
I would be puzzled to actually what I would be able to do with all this extra length. The weight would kill my neck...I would need to get new hair toys...Or, I can cut back to my current length.
I never intended to grow past waist.

CouteauCouture
August 22nd, 2012, 09:17 AM
First I would either use up my henna stash to get the virgin hair the same red as the rest, or possibly attempt an ombre look by gradually diluting the henna up the length.

After that, hairstyles! I think the first one I'd have to attempt would be the classic Sailor Moon style. I've dreamed of being able to do that and have the right length left over in the tails ever since I was a little girl. Second style would probably be the Tangled mega-braid. :D

If all my damage was magically gone and my ends as thick as the rest, I absolutely wouldn't cut it. In fact I'd probably try to keep growing it! Lets see how long you can get my precious! (Why is there no Golum smile? :()

Heh, wouldn't even need to be creative for Halloween if this happened. I could just show up in my birthday suit with my hair loose and say I was Lady Godiva, or wear a pretty dress and be a fairy queen. :p

Ruzovy
August 22nd, 2012, 09:23 AM
Braid it in any way I could think of. Then twirl it around itself into a sort of but, and thread the rest into it. Think princess Leia's braid at the end of episode 4. *-*

CouteauCouture
August 22nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
Braid it in any way I could think of. Then twirl it around itself into a sort of but, and thread the rest into it. Think princess Leia's braid at the end of episode 4. *-*

Oh yes! I'd have to try ALL the hairstyles from the movies. Muahaha! This could take days... :D

BunnyKitten
August 22nd, 2012, 10:17 AM
I would be shocked, confused and probably a little bit terrified. I'd spend the next few weeks (or months, or years) wondering when my hair was going to pull another sneak attack. What if it grows around my neck in my sleep and strangles me? What if it starts growing while I am awake, giving a speech or something like that? :bigeyes:

I would keep it all for at least a little while. I would play with it a lot, braid it, do it up, and just run my fingers through it. I don't think I'd be able to keep my hands off it, actually :D. After awhile I'd cut it back, just a little at a time, until I find a length I can handle.

RapunzelKat
August 22nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
I think the first thing I would do is freak out! :D ("Eeek, where did all his hair come from??") Then celebrate by running around, twirling, and general squee-ing :D

Of course, I would have to flood TLHC with pictures and beg for help on how to style it!! :cheese:

Then I would totally do this:

Oh, do I ever know what I'd do! Braid it loosely and then wind the braid around my head as much as I could!

jacqueline101
August 22nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
I'd be in shock.

Asprettyasme
August 22nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
#error

#An error occurred.

Ml001
August 22nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
I would cocoon myself in it, wrap it around my neck like a giant scarf, twirl around, make a super awesome braid....... then cut it to waist! :D

:bounce:

TOO FUNNY because this was the vision that immediately came to my mind when I read the question! :D

MaryMarx
August 23rd, 2012, 03:35 AM
I would... probably go religious. :D

MaryMarx
August 23rd, 2012, 03:35 AM
And I would also probably cut it to waist or hip.

RileyJane
September 28th, 2012, 10:15 PM
...I would probably just sit there for a few moments, tugging on it a million times to see if it was really connected :P then id be thinking that hey, i just had a LOT of good karma for my hair come my way, although i do admit i would cut it down to a lil past waist length, mainly bc i love to wear my hair down :)

Hollyfire3
September 28th, 2012, 10:19 PM
First I'd cry of happiness! Then, I'd keep it, cause it'd be amazing and perfect. I would find ways to work with it, I wouldn't cut it, I would trim it to keep it thick though:D.

Iaine
September 28th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I would scream with glee, pet it, and then put it in a high ponytail so I could watch it swing with my every move.

truepeacenik
September 28th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Wonder if I had a single hair toy that could contain it, or would I have to dedicate a pair of my lacquer chopsticks (well washed) to the cause.

Mess up every style I know, because my hair added, what, two feet?

Be very, very happy.
Hope it stayed.

Angel Barchild
September 29th, 2012, 04:37 AM
I'd get to see my natural hair color, that would surprise the crap out of me! Then I'd post about it on LHC with pics. I'd probably end up cutting it back to classic eventually.

melusine963
September 29th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Flawless, you say? In that case I would enjoy my new length as much as possible, and do my best to learn a ton of new updos. Then, when I got bored or annoyed, I would cut it back to something more manageable.

Miss Catrina
September 29th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I would be ecstatic and spend a long time debating whether to cut any of it off. I don't really want it that long, but it would seem like such a waste not to keep it!

Ligeia_13
September 29th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Freak out because "OH MY GOD, SOMETHING'S TOUCHING MY LEG!"

fairhairedthing
September 29th, 2012, 07:54 PM
...I would probably just sit there for a few moments, tugging on it a million times to see if it was really connected :P then id be thinking that hey, i just had a LOT of good karma for my hair come my way, although i do admit i would cut it down to a lil past waist length, mainly bc i love to wear my hair down :)

Same here. I would cut it to around hip. I just have to wear my hair down, it's so much fun.

OilPaint
September 30th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I would love to wake up and and have thick perfect ends. :D
Being generally rational I would probably assume that either:

A.) I've been so out of it the last couple of months that I somehow missed the change in my hair. I need more sleep, apparently.

B.) I'm dreaming. Just go with it.

C.) Whatever caused it didn't kill me, my hair looks better, and my hair isn't really any longer, so I'm good. Just go with it.

jellycatty
September 30th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I'd check if I grew hair anywhere else LOOOOOOOOOOL but other than that I'd cut it to classic length and be happyyyyyy :3

Of the Fae
October 2nd, 2012, 02:12 AM
Scream in ecstatic euphoria and call all my friends

Gaze at it, brush it..

Call doctors and scientists, because this is a medical oddity that I'd want to know more about

Dye red with craploads of henna, because the roots will be longer than the dyed part...

And wear it down in public

And eventually cut back to knee or classic

invisiblebabe
October 3rd, 2012, 08:59 PM

I think I'd likely see a doctor too :) and once the doctor said everything was okay, I would go to the salon and have it cut to waist length and donate the rest (at least the grown-out part that was undyed) to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. And then I'd have a few highlights put in :)

anitacs9101
October 4th, 2012, 12:45 AM
I would think I was dreaming o.O My dreams are very vivid, I would have to make sure it was real. Then I would probably freak out and wake up my sister to confirm I'm not seeing things. Then I would brush it and attempt to do some sort of style with it and eventually cut off the dyed bits :D

joflakes
October 4th, 2012, 12:51 AM

Honestly? I'd cut it back to BSL. It'd be way too much length in one go, I wouldn't know what to do with it!:o

Juanita
October 4th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Would be so happy if that happened. I love doing updos so would be majorly happy.

Mesmerise
October 4th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Start screaming "OMG WHAT'S HAPPENED??? HAVE I BEEN IN A COMA FOR TEN YEARS???" and then look in the mirror expecting to see my face aged 10 years!! When I realise that has not happened, I would instead freak out about "OMG LOOK HOW MANY GRAY HAIRS I'VE GOT!" Then... when I was over that... I'd play with it for awhile... then chop it back to hip and get my henna ready to cover all those nasty grays!!

Oksana
October 4th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Straight away I would cut 4 inches off so that all my layers and damage was gone. I would then spend a few days enjoying the new length, trying new things. Then I would gradually trim until I was at a length I was happy with :)