PDA

View Full Version : ACV rinse leave in dilution and benefits?

lole18
August 21st, 2012, 03:40 PM
I can't seem to find the thread! but i heard its good for hair shedding and it makes it shinier and stronger also sometimes lighter? What are your opinions of this dilution and what did u expereince? 2 table spoons in 320 ml water and leaving it as a leave in while my hair is dripping wet so it'll be even more diluted with the water in my hair :)

lole18
August 21st, 2012, 04:35 PM
I can't seem to find the thread! but i heard its good for hair shedding and it makes it shinier and stronger also sometimes lighter? What are your opinions of this dilution and what did u expereince? 2 table spoons in 320 ml water and leaving it as a leave in while my hair is dripping wet so it'll be even more diluted with the water in my hair :)

SelkieSkjald
August 22nd, 2012, 01:13 AM
ACV rinses definitely make my hair shinier and smoother. I haven't noticed a difference in strength but it certainly doesn't hurt in this aspect. ACV rinses have actually saved me from having to bring out the shampoo (I'm water only) after experiments with hair masks and CO washing went awry. I'm not really sure why; if anyone has the chemistry as to why this happens I'd be interested to know.

Guenever
August 22nd, 2012, 01:22 AM
I've been doing ACV leave-in rinses since Christmas - after every wash. It really makes a difference! It works as a conditioner and has helped battle the effects of the hard water in my area.
My dilutions vary.. From 1 to 2 tbsp per cup of water :)

MissAlida
August 22nd, 2012, 02:15 AM
I use about 1-2 tbs in 350 ml water. But I use white vinegar, because it's cheaper and does the job just as well. It leaves my hair shiny and soft, sealing the cuticle. I use it as a rinse after washing hair, than do a final cold water rinse. I never leave it in my hair, but I don't think it would harm it.

legendya
August 22nd, 2012, 02:20 AM
It makes it shinier and removes buildup. I use 1tbsp in 1 cup of warm water and use it as a rinse.

Panth
August 22nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
It makes it shinier and removes buildup. I use 1tbsp in 1 cup of warm water and use it as a rinse.

This is not entirely true - it removes some mineral build-up. It certainly does not touch most other sorts of build-up and it does not clarify.

As for me, I use white wine vinegar as ACV has been reported to *darken* blonde hair. I use 1-2 tsp in 1/2 pint lukewarm tap water, after my conditioner and leave it in.

I find it improves shine massively and it also reduces tangles - I attribute both of these (particularly the latter) due to it preventing the EXTREMELY hard water in my area from causing excessive limescale build-up. Whether it is of benefit in the absence of hard water problems I don't know, though I suspect it may be.

Another benefit of acid rinses is returning the scalp to its natural acidic pH after the use of basic products - in particular, bar soap which is basic (unlike shampoo). But I don't use bar soaps, so I don't need that particular benefit.

Theobroma
August 22nd, 2012, 12:36 PM
I use about 2 tablespoons of white vinegar in half a litre of water and I don't rinse it out. Then apply a little EVOO as my leave-in. Result: soft, shiny, tangle-free hair. I don't even need conditioner any more since I started using African black soap instead of shampoo.

Luminaria
December 24th, 2012, 12:35 AM
I use about 2 tablespoons of white vinegar in half a litre of water and I don't rinse it out. Then apply a little EVOO as my leave-in. Result: soft, shiny, tangle-free hair. I don't even need conditioner any more since I started using African black soap instead of shampoo. Do you still use African black soap to wash your hair? How do you use it? Diluted?

JadeTigress
December 24th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I love my ACV rinses. They give me super soft, shiny hair with almost no tangles. The only thing I don't like is that it lightens my hair and gives it a reddish cast, so I'm going to try out white vinegar and see if I like it as well.