PDA

View Full Version : Who's the first long haired person you ever saw?

katfemme89
August 21st, 2012, 12:00 AM
I was just thinking about who I first saw with long hair that later inspired me, and for me, it was Alanis Morissette, when I was like 9... What about you guys?

DancingQueen
August 21st, 2012, 12:25 AM
The first long haired person I saw? Don't remember. :)

But the one who inspired me to grow my hair long was Torrinpaige. I saw her youtube videos, and I just had a bad haircut (chin-length against my will - id did NOT suit me!). So maybe there was more than one reason, but she was great motivation. Since then, I have found lots of other inspiring gurus on youtube. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
August 21st, 2012, 12:29 AM
The first long haired person I saw who inspired me to grow my hair long again was the character Sarah in the movie "Labyrinth". Who agrees with me that she has SUPERB hair?:D Although not LHC long of course!

Shanny911
August 21st, 2012, 12:30 AM
My mother! When I was a toddler I always use to dream of having her hair. It was about mid back length blonde with spiral curls. Just the fact it was so curly and lush made me want to grow my hair extra long....too bad I take after my dad!:laugh:

Princess Kitti
August 21st, 2012, 03:41 AM
For me, the first long haired person I ever saw was Cher. I so wanted her hair! These days my long haired idols are Bollywood stars :)

julliams
August 21st, 2012, 04:32 AM
A mother of my sister's friend from preschool. I remember this lady had beautiful hip length hair with a soft curl at the end. It was breathtaking and I thought she looked like an angel.

Syrena
August 21st, 2012, 05:05 AM
To me, it was my neighbor and my best friend when I was a child. We used to play with barbies and dolls together every day. She had beautiful dark straight hair and she wore it in long braid every day. The braid went to her mid-tights. Very nice!

Tota
August 21st, 2012, 05:25 AM
My aunt who lived with us when I was a kid and used to babysit me. She was 17 when I was born. She had thick dark brown/auburn stick straight waist length hair. I can still remember the image of her walking around the house with her hair flowing behing her. I was in love with her hair before I could even walk or talk :)

auburntressed
August 21st, 2012, 05:27 AM
First long haired person I ever saw...

Princess Leia.

If we are talking about RL people, then myself.

loveisdivine
August 21st, 2012, 05:34 AM
The first really long haired person I saw was a girl, in a diner in the US somewhere. I was on holida and like 10 years old. She had it almost down to her ankles. I thought it was amazing.
Ive never seen hair that long again, well not in real life.

mrs_coffee
August 21st, 2012, 05:39 AM
My Sunday School teacher. She always wore her hair up in a crown braid, but one day my mom and I went to pick her up and take her somewhere (I was probably 6-7 years old, so don't remember where). She came to the door and hadn't braided her hair yet. It was probably classic length. I remember being in awe of it.

Vampyria
August 21st, 2012, 05:40 AM
My mother's younger cousin. I was six years old then I think. She also inspired me to grow my hair, but my parents always pressured me to get it cut. She had fine dark blond BSL-ish hair and she always wore it in a ponytail. I was stealing her scrunchy all the time, and I couldn't understand why she always wears it up, if it looks so beautiful down.:o

Sakuracha
August 21st, 2012, 05:42 AM
In cartoon form the first long haired person I saw was Sailor Moon. In human form, aka real life, it was probably Alanis Morissette, I used to listen to her music a lot.

millyaulait
August 21st, 2012, 07:21 AM
My aunt!

Thick blonde TBL hair! She had it TBL as it turned pure silver, it was beautiful.

But ALL her life, her (our) family always pressured her to cut it a bit and said she looked like a witch.

I can't wait for this.... :(

pittie-lover
August 21st, 2012, 07:42 AM
Well when I was little, I was really into the Disney princess I wanted all their hair. (I still love to watch all those movies.) But my aunt had her hair at waist length. I always wanted her hair. My mother told me I hated to have my hair brushed so I always had short hair. This past year I have really got serious about growing my hair. Waist was my original goal, But I think I'm going to aim for hip. My aunt never could get her hair to grow past her waist, I hope that's the case for me.

Madora
August 21st, 2012, 08:07 AM
Oh, it was Judy Garland and her wonderful braids in The Wizard of Oz! Even in black and white, I thought they were the cat's whiskers! So beautiful, so thick!

frogs
August 21st, 2012, 08:14 AM
It was... me actually. I had long, thick, blonde classic length hair as a child (about 9 years old), and i dont recall seeing anyone with har that long before i had it myself!

SongofLove
August 21st, 2012, 09:21 AM
I can safely say that the first longhaired person I saw in my life was my mom :)

She kept her hair long (at least waist) for a very long (haha) time and also taught me a lot about how to properly care for long hair.

SongofLove
August 21st, 2012, 09:23 AM
I thought they were the cat's whiskers!

Haha, that's such a great expression, especially for cat lovers :)

TheMechaGinger
August 21st, 2012, 09:28 AM
The first super long haired person I ever saw was my cousin. I hadn't seen her in years and then when I was about 5 or 6 we had Christmas at a relatives house (something we never did) and my cousin had classic length mega-thick strawberry blonde hair. I think she was about 23 at the time. I just followed her around the house with my mouth open the entire time we were there, I probably drove her crazy asking her to braid it and brush it every five minutes. And I remember she used to use the Herbal Essence's Rose Hip shampoo and conditioner and I thought it was like Rapunzel juice or something so I begged my mom to get it for me and I kept using it until they quit making it.

Haha so long story short, first person was my classic length cousin when I was in kindergarten, I've been pining for long hair since

spirals
August 21st, 2012, 09:28 AM
My aunt who lived with us when I was a kid and used to babysit me. She was 17 when I was born. She had thick dark brown/auburn stick straight waist length hair. I can still remember the image of her walking around the house with her hair flowing behing her. I was in love with her hair before I could even walk or talk :)
Oh, that is so cute. I want to be that auntie. But my nephews are almost grown up.

Aqua Gal
August 21st, 2012, 09:58 AM
My hair (and my sisters) was long as a child, so it really wasn't strange to me.

I had an aunt with an awesome long mane. I rarely saw it down, but it made quite an impression! She always wore it in an untwisted bun and it was gorgeous.

As an adult , I first saw calf length hair loose on a stranger in a restaurant. wow, did she make an entrance. All eyes were on that gorgeous hair.

gthlvrmx
August 21st, 2012, 10:15 AM
Someone woman with hair down to her ankles i think, it was like a curtain. Very nice but didnt think of it match back then. People were to people to me hair didn't make a difference. I like that way of thinking.

I've other woman with hair down to their knees and calves and all but it was mainly when i was younger and i didn't care for it much, none of them inspired me or anything.

I just wanted long hair at one point and wanted it super long like past cousin itt kind if long and there. :P but i made the choice to grow it out healthy and longer recently :P

katfemme89
August 21st, 2012, 11:00 AM
Man you guys, these are such beautiful stories. Thanks for sharing, and keep 'em coming!

Shepherdess
August 21st, 2012, 11:01 AM
The first time I ever saw very long hair was when I was a young girl at a grocery store parking lot. A lady walked by with ankle length straight blonde hair. I was completely amazed by it! That was the first time I had ever seen someone with hair that long and it actually is the only time I have ever seen someone in real life with it like that.

Otherwise, I was always admiring my younger cousin's hair when I was around 10-12, because she had tailbone length hair and very straight. My hair was always so frizzy and only waist length at the time, so I wished to have hair like her's.

Then in my early teen years I saw a young lady at wal-mart with a braid that was about thigh length (unbraided I bet it was knee!), ever since then I have been longing for the day when my braid will be that length. I am getting closer now, my braid is currently about classic length (I think)!

faithsdaisy421
August 21st, 2012, 11:01 AM
The first long haired person I remember was Crystal Gayle. I remember my grandma bought me a Crystal Gayle barbie that I used to love =)

Aqua Gal
August 21st, 2012, 11:23 AM
I remember my grandma bought me a Crystal Gayle barbie that I used to love =)

OMG! There was a Crystal Gayle barbie! I Had noooooo idea. Awesome.

cmg
August 21st, 2012, 11:29 AM
Me. I have never met anyone IRL with hair as long as I kept it (chopped most of it off around my 30:ies). In my teens there was another girl with long hair in school, but hers was only half my length, about WL in her case. I had a male collegue until last year with really beautiful, about classic length, nearly platin blond hair with a few greys in it. I have always admired his hair and he partially inspired me to grow back some lenght on me. Also very recently I met a woman with classic length hair for the first time IRL. I thought for a second it was my old schoolmate because this is so unusual around here. I probably stared :cool:

/ CMG

jacqueline101
August 21st, 2012, 11:34 AM
I'd say crystal gayle.

Amygirl8
August 21st, 2012, 11:45 AM
I do not remember.
But the longest hair I ever saw, I was at an amusement park and I saw this woman who looked like she was in her early twenties, her hair reached her calf, and it was tied in a knot as well, so I think it would've been even longer.

Tia2010
August 21st, 2012, 11:49 AM
IRL was probably my cousin. She was younger and lived out of state but I remember loving her hip lenght hair when we would visit.

The first person that I actually remember seeing on TV that made me really want long hair was just some random dancer on MTV ( you know..back in the old days when they actually played music and had club MTV) she had what I would guess was tailbone length blond hair and it was the first time I remember thinking I want hair that long.

rtree721
August 21st, 2012, 02:53 PM
The first long haired person I ever saw was a classmates Mom in elementary school with hair to her hip. And that didn't inspire me in anyway... sadly I thought she was weird. Now I wish I could talk to her about it. I was actually inspired by a girl I met in college who sat infront of me in a class. Her hair was midback, maybe longer, and she always played with it. I so envied her. I think between that and everyone always encouraging me to keep my hair short, I wanted to grow it long.

Garnet66
August 21st, 2012, 03:16 PM
I'm going to show my age here. The first long hair person I remember seeing is Cher on the Sonny and Cher show in the early '70's. I had long hair at that time so I went around swinging my hair like she did.

HairySherry
August 21st, 2012, 03:18 PM
I can't remember seeing anyone in person, but when I was a little girl I found a picture of my mom from back in the day and she had really long, beautiful hair. That certainly made an impression on me and it also spurred me on to grow my own hair (which was never really short, I've pretty much always been growing it) because I know that sometimes hair length, or the potential for it, can be genetic. I need to go dig out that picture!

elbow chic
August 21st, 2012, 03:22 PM
My mom. Hers has fluctuated between BSL and hip for as long as I can remember. She's in her fifties now and still longhaired, and renegrey, too. :D

For super-long, there was a girl at my high school with blondette hair, as I recall, around classic. Other girls gave her a lot of poo about how "ratty" or "mousy" it was but I always thought it was very pretty. Wish I'd said so, thinking back.

Chimom79
August 21st, 2012, 03:38 PM
In life I think It would be a cousin of mine. As far as ever it was probably Crystal Gayle.

Sylvestrix
August 21st, 2012, 03:47 PM
Aside from myself (I spent most of my childhood at knee length!) I never saw anyone else with very long hair till a lass transfered to my school who had lovely hip length curls. My fondness for her, and her lovely hair, soured when she cut a chunk of mine off because, and I quote almost verbatim, 'only she was allowed to have long hair!'.

It was slightly horrifying!

LadyTheta
August 21st, 2012, 04:10 PM
My Grandmother, whose hair was forever uncut, worn in a bun daily, and brushed well with BBB.

Shadow Walker
August 21st, 2012, 04:26 PM
For me it wasn't until freshman year in high school that I really took notice of long hair. I was hanging out with a new group of friends when the school year started, and I met this girl I thought was pretty, and she had amazing brown hip length hair. We ended up becoming good friends, and she cut her hair to above shoulder length later in the year, and I remember saying to myself, "Nooooo!!!!". Ever since then I've loved long hair.

BrightEyes
August 21st, 2012, 04:29 PM
My mother. Other than one short time in my childhood when she cut to shoulder length, she has always had thick hair that has been between waist length and hip length.

tambalina
August 21st, 2012, 04:34 PM
My sister and I were the only ones that I knew of growing up that had classic length hair in elementary school. It wasn't until I saw a picture of the Sutherland Sisters until I realized classic wasn't that long at all.

Sutherland Sisters (http://www.sideshowworld.com/13-TGOD/2010/tgod7sutherlands.html)

tambalina
August 21st, 2012, 04:36 PM
Aside from myself (I spent most of my childhood at knee length!) I never saw anyone else with very long hair till a lass transfered to my school who had lovely hip length curls. My fondness for her, and her lovely hair, soured when she cut a chunk of mine off because, and I quote almost verbatim, 'only she was allowed to have long hair!'.

It was slightly horrifying!

:agape: I probably would've resorted to violence in this scenario. That's awful. :(

shutterpillar
August 21st, 2012, 05:18 PM
That would be the librarian at my elementary school. Her hair was about knee-length and she always wore it in an english braid.