PDA

View Full Version : clarifying conditioner question

MissPetite2010
August 20th, 2012, 09:13 PM
how good is it? bought v05 clarifying conditioner for 99 cents not to long ago, at a grocery store not far from where i live. Used it once, but didn't notice a big difference. Still made hair soft, but didn't know if it's worth buying again...

joesgirl2011
August 21st, 2012, 05:44 PM
I have used this too, but I am not sure what if any "clarifying" it does??? It makes my hair soft though. I thought shampoo only did this?

Carolyn
August 21st, 2012, 05:47 PM
"Clarifying" conditioner is simply a conditioner that is made to go long with a clarifying shampoo. It does NOT clarify. The shampoo does.

rtree721
August 21st, 2012, 06:48 PM
I agree with what Carolyn said about the conditioner not being the clarifier itself. But in my experience with VO5 it is good as a light weight conditioner... and most are cone free if I remember correctly.

MissPetite2010
August 21st, 2012, 06:52 PM
ty. :) i wasn't sure. i bought the vo5 herbal escapes kiwi lime squeeze clarifying conditioner. used it a couple of times. although i usually switch shampoos/conditioners off and on. smells good. :)

Carolyn
August 21st, 2012, 07:43 PM
I agree with what Carolyn said about the conditioner not being the clarifier itself. But in my experience with VO5 it is good as a light weight conditioner... and most are cone free if I remember correctly.Yes most VO5 conditioners are nice and light weight. I know some people use a tiy bit as a leave in. They are also great CO conditioners. Best of all they are cheap and easy to find in supermarkets, drug stores and places like Walmart.

MissPetite2010
August 21st, 2012, 09:45 PM
Yes most VO5 conditioners are nice and light weight. I know some people use a tiy bit as a leave in. They are also great CO conditioners. Best of all they are cheap and easy to find in supermarkets, drug stores and places like Walmart.
Yeah, I bought it at a kroger store, not far from where i live. I thought it was a good price and wanted to check it out. i don't use v05 very often, but may buy it again. just gotta give it a chance, and use it more.

dawnss
August 22nd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Even though it may not clarify it is my go to co washing conditioner, I really like it (though the shea butter conditioner is pretty good). For some reason my hair and I do not like the kiwi clarifying conditioner. I really think that V05 conditioners do a wonderful job of cleaning the hair.