PDA

View Full Version : How do you use argan oil?

midbackorbust
August 20th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Hey guys! :)
I just ordered my first bottle of argan oil and I wanted to know how people here use it. Any advice?

blaketob
August 20th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I use it when my hairs almost dry. I just put about a nickel size on my ends and sometimes my roots if my hairs really frizzy

~honeyflower~
August 20th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I usually put a little on at first, like the size of your pinkie nail and add a little more from there. You can tell where the oil is, lot softer and slips between your fingers. I would defiently have a mirrior on hand so you can see if it starts to get yucky looking, meaning you put too much in. Usually two pinkie nail size is my cup of tea and I spread it around in my hands to get the oil even in my hands then finger comb it from my ears down.

midbackorbust
August 24th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Ooh, thanks! :)

door72067
August 24th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I use it on damp hair

a little goes a LONG way

twoLs118
August 24th, 2012, 08:41 PM
i NEED to get some of this! i have an argan oil mask that i use in my hair & i LOVE it

Cafe au Lait
August 24th, 2012, 09:50 PM
+1 on a little goes a long way. The first time I used it, I treated it like sweet almond oil (which my hair soaks up), and put on a ton. Grease city!

RocketDog
August 24th, 2012, 11:10 PM
My argan oil has a little glass dropper, and 4-5 drops does it for my hair, just the last 6-8" or so and the last tiny bit of leftover smoothed over the canopy.

palaeoqueen
August 25th, 2012, 03:28 AM
A very tiny amount distributed through the ends, it's doing wonders for my dry damaged ends. I've had it for at least a month and the bottle doesn't even look used.

kitcatsmeow
August 25th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Sparingly as other have said....it seals moisture in/out so after I use my mineral oil and my hair is slightly dry, I smooth about 2 or 3 drops over my length. Great stuff! Makes my hair very smooth and polished.

winship2
August 25th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I use it as a facial moisturizer (two drops) and also use a few drops on my ends when I braid my hair at night and sometimes if/when I put my hair up during the day. My hair is straight and very oily so I use just two drops if I'm not putting it up to hide the oiliness of the ends. Five if I'm doing a heavier treatment. I really like it though. Light, not messy, almost no odor, and so easy to use the same oil on my skin and my hair!

jacqueline101
August 25th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I mix mine with other oils diluted with water mist over my entire length.

In2wishin
August 25th, 2012, 09:07 AM
I use it in my OCM mix

It is one of the oils in my cuticle balm

I put a drop on the crows feet area of the eye at night

I mix it with cyclomethicone and dimethecone and spritz it on my wet hair to calm poufiness (just on the hair from the ears down)

elousays
August 25th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I use mine when my hair is completely dry - otherwise I can get carried away with it.

I smooth about 3 drops on my BSL ends and then use the remainder to tame flyways and smooth the "baby hairs" around my face!

Lisabunny
August 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I use it to help smooth my hair for braiding, just a little drop :)

frostbitebuck
August 25th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I have very thick hair so I don't use it as sparingly as most everybody else seems to. I use it when my hair is soaking wet and through the entire length, I usually put a little extra on my ends. It helps tame the frizz and weigh my thick curls down. But it doesn't get greasy even though I use a lot. :)