PDA

View Full Version : please help me with hair color!!!

corimancuso
August 7th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I have redish curly hair and alot of the red orange color is fading from my hair. its growing out and showing alot of my actual color, which is an ash brown. I want to get my original color back, but i dont want to permanently dye it cuase then ill have to keep dyeing it over and over etc. so do you think it is a good idea to use a semi permanent? that way it will just fade from my hair and help it blend without the terrible hair line.

Thank youuu i really need more opinions.

NurseMama
August 7th, 2008, 05:31 PM
The ash colors are really difficult to duplicate with dye. Have you thought about trying to do Color Oops on the dyed ends?

corimancuso
August 7th, 2008, 05:32 PM
i dont really know what that is lol what do you mean?

corimancuso
August 7th, 2008, 05:34 PM
im really jsut trying to like blend it and cover alot of the red. even though, i know its hard to do. i just want my hair to grow out nicer...

NurseMama
August 7th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Color Oops is a dye remover by Loreal. Many people here have had success using it although I believe that they use it in a modified way somehow. Try searching for Color Oops and see what you find.

thankyousir74
August 7th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Well you want your hair back to reddish, correct? You can try semi-permanent vegetable based dyes, I believe Special Effects is a good and (relatively) long-lasting brand. Semi-permanent veggie-based dyes aren't as damaging to hair and do not contain ammonia.

But also, if your hair color is brown, won't the hairline always be there as it grows out :confused:

corimancuso
August 7th, 2008, 05:36 PM
ok, thank you. :) i went to my hairdresser to try to get out the red out, and she bleached it...and now its really orange. lol so its been an endless struggle.

corimancuso
August 7th, 2008, 05:38 PM
no, i want the red out and my hair color to be close to my natural as it grows out. and semi permanent would fade but help blend the colors.

thankyousir74
August 7th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Ack, so those are bleached ends? Hrmm, have you thought about using a hennindigo mix?

You can mix the herbs henna and indigo to achieve a certain brown color.

Or you could just use semi-permanent, as your original plan was.

wintersun99
August 7th, 2008, 05:51 PM
ColorOops and ColorFix are two different products. They both effectively remove chemical oxidative color (without bleaching the hair) and prepare the hair to be re-colored. They are both fairly (I use this term loosely) non-damaging. As for your color dilemma, I don't have advice - I think it best to go to the salon. Red is a very, very difficult color to tone and getting to ash is near impossible on your own (at least, in my past experience it was) and even the professionals never got my hair back to an ash tone... :rolleyes:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=304384&id=prod2180463

http://www.folica.com/one__n_only_Col_d312.html

corimancuso
August 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM
thank you everyone for advice. im just very stuck...my hair is very long and will talk forever to actually grow out by its self.

Curlsgirl
August 7th, 2008, 06:34 PM
So your roots are lighter than the red dyed color? Color Oops or Color Fix will only remove the color, they will not return your hair to its natural color in which case it might look worse than it does now. I would recommend consulting a professional reputable stylist for this if you don't want to have to get your hair cut off unless you do it naturally with henna or a henna mix. I like
Aveda salons if you have one near you, you might check on that.

longhairdreams
August 7th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I second the vegetable dye.I had some stubborn red so I mix manic panic dark midnight blue with my condish and it gives my hair a natural ashy tone.You have to keep it up but its not damaging.I've done this with other veggie dyes in the past with good results.Manic panic is very pigmented so just a little bit is needed.

missy60
August 7th, 2008, 11:12 PM
If you try the color oops you will have to dye over it because it will leave your hair an orange color so that wouldnt help you. I actually used colorfix and it did remove the color but if doesnt return you to your previous color. You need to go to a professional and my guess would be a demi color would work best to tone it. It might last a long while, but the worst is you would have to refresh it every once in a while. Its hard to match up color but if you want to try it yourself please do a strand test first because color always runs at least one color darker if not two. Ash is also a hard color to achieve with out professional products.