PDA

View Full Version : uploaded hair photo- got a question

MissPetite2010
August 20th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Well, this is my length now. Just took this pic yesterday. Should I keep the layered look? I was debating on the layers. Was thinking about growing the layers out. Not sure which would be better. My hair is very thick, and m/c. hair. The perm has grown out, and I'm not a big fan of trimming, unless I really have to. May go in a few months, to get a sweep done. Thanks in advance. :) oh, and pardon the spot on the mirror. looks like something was in my hair, but wasn't. lol http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/misspetite2010/73decfff.jpg

Madora
August 20th, 2012, 11:40 AM
If you're going to be doing any updos later on, then layers are not your friend. It is difficult to create a neat updo because the layered hair keeps popping up in odd spots, ruining the effect.

MissPetite2010
August 20th, 2012, 11:59 AM
If you're going to be doing any updos later on, then layers are not your friend. It is difficult to create a neat updo because the layered hair keeps popping up in odd spots, ruining the effect.

ok thank you. :) I was thinking that once the longest part of my hair hits waist, depending on what length the shorter hairs are to even it out, except for bangs, that's actually the very shortest part of my hair. growing the bangs out still. still debating on it. still got time to decide. :)

Venefica
August 20th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I agree with Madora, now my personal preference for blunt hemlines aside if you are going to wear your hair mostly down or in ponytails then layers might give your hair more texture, but if you are going to do buns and braids then those layers will get in the way and be a hassle.

kaydana
August 20th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Do you like your layers?

People around here tend to make layers sound like they are the absolute end of the world when it comes to updos, and while I'm not doubting that that has been their experience, I haven't found this to be the case at all and I suspect that what matters is not whether or not you have layers, but how the layers are cut. Even though my layers start just below my shoulders and so should really be demon layers and make my life hell, the only issue they have ever caused is that my rope braids tend to look fuzzy by the end of the day, other than that they don't cause any issues for me when it comes to putting my hair up, and I wear it up almost every day.

If you don't like your layers or if they do cause issues for you with updos, then grow them out. But if you like them, keep them!

justgreen
August 20th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I have to disagree about the layers. I can make awesome updos with my layered hair. I can't do things like an infinity bun but that isn't the end of the world. If you have long layers, like mine, updos are a snap and much easier on the head, easier to hold up with a stick or fork.

MissPetite2010
August 20th, 2012, 12:57 PM
thanks to everyone for the advice. I've heard this, but also with perms are the layers better as far as texture is concerned? Still growing out my perm, although my hair is naturally wavy. Didn't know if layers play an effect with waves as well? As far as the layers, sometimes i have good days and bad days. I guess because of my hair type, most beauticians that i have talked to suggested layers!?!