PDA

View Full Version : Hair Comparison

lewysgal
August 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Hello. I am mostly a lurker here, have been for awhile now. But I wanted to let you guys see what your sage wisdom and advise here has done for my hair. Here is a picture from when I first came to visit here:

http://lewylisa.homestead.com/files/hair_pic.jpg
Forgive the bad coloring that is just the camera. I used to think I was supposed to brush my hair and do all kinds of bad things for curly hair to it!

This is my hair now. Freshly washed.

http://lewylisa.homestead.com/files/bighair.gif

I did find out today that my hair hates coconut milk! Loves coconut oil, tho. I do a CWC kind of thing with the last condition being snowy's mixture of aloe vera, VO5 green tea conditioner and honey with a few squirts of jojoba mixed in for good luck. My hair seems to be doing better now. I let it dry naturally. Oh, and in that last picture, what looks to be blond highlights is actually gray setting in. I don't color my hair because I love long gray hair! I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advise. And that I will be following that curly thread real close now! Say, do you think I'm a 2b or a 2c?

coppercurls
August 7th, 2008, 04:31 PM
That is great! I used to torture my curls too. :D

Feng-Shui
August 7th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Your hair is so beautiful.

I envy you around your beautiful curls.:flowers:

Teacherbear
August 7th, 2008, 04:47 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!! I'd say 2c or 3a. Have you tried plopping your hair?

Euphony
August 7th, 2008, 04:57 PM
WOW what a difference! I'd say probably 2c, but I can't tell if there are spirals in there or not.

I used to treat my hair like it was straight, then when it wasn't straight I'd abuse it and force it to be straight. I'm so happy I found out that I have wavy hair instead of flawed straight hair!

Islandgrrl
August 7th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Wow, what a difference! Your hair looks very happy now!!!

NurseMama
August 7th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I love your curls! You look almost like a 3a to my untrained eye!

lewysgal
August 7th, 2008, 05:40 PM
That is my hair with a little scrunching after the final rinse and then a little coconut oil though it. My hair LOVES plopping! You know, it's funny, it seems like most of my life I wanted straight hair. (I'm a child of the sixties and long straight hair was big in the 60s!) And it just occurred to me lately, (thanks to this board!) that why not let it do what it wants to do. . .what it was meant to do all along. Now, I'm a curly. I stated reading the curly thread about what your hair looks like when you brush it. Then I realized that all these years I was frustrated because I couldn't brush it. . .my hair was probably frustrated too! LOL

Karmal
August 7th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I fought my curls for 30 years...until I tripped into this place. Its amazing what all you can learn around here and you're hair looks great!

paper
August 7th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! Love those curls :heartbeat

xrosiex
August 7th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Oh what beautiful curls. Thanks for sharing.:)

psvzum
August 7th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Absolutely beautiful hair!!! Thank you for sharing your photo's : )

SweetPea88
August 7th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! :)

Elainehali
August 8th, 2008, 03:50 AM
wow your hair is so full, even at the bottom. Very beautiful!

Amberlee
August 8th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Beautiful hair.

LaurelSpring
August 8th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Looks great! I love those curls! <jealous>

Siava
August 8th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I'm another curl convert after joining the LHC. :) Your hair looks 1000% happier now. It's lovely.