PDA

View Full Version : Will jojoba oil or coconut oil wash out with conditioner?

Pandora.
August 20th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I'm trying to go CO for a few weeks or so, but I still want to do oil treatments...but will heavy oils such as jojoba and coconut oil wash out with just conditioner or does it REALLY need shampoo to get it out?

faithsdaisy421
August 20th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I CO wash, and oils seem to come out just fine. If I do a rather heavy oiling on my hair, when I CO wash, I just let the conditioner sit for a bit longer than I would if I would not have done the oiling.

brave
August 20th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Lots of people have found that cowashing is actually better at removing the oil. I know I have used both jojoba and coconut oil and not had any issues.

Idjit
August 20th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Yes, I've found oil to wash out better with conditioner. I don't really cowash anymore but whenever I do an overnight oil treatment I always cowash first to get the oil out.

Pandora.
August 20th, 2012, 11:05 AM
That's good then, because when I do oil treatments I like to leave my hair really heavily oiled.

Kyla
August 20th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Just make sure to let the conditioner sit on your hair for a while, and just running it through will not likely wash out the oil. Good luck! :)

Pandora.
August 20th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Just make sure to let the conditioner sit on your hair for a while, and just running it through will not likely wash out the oil. Good luck! :)

FrannyG
August 20th, 2012, 11:40 AM
If I really oil heavily, I will put conditioner on the area that I oiled (i.e. from the ears down), and then bun that hair for about 30 to 45 minutes. When I get into the shower, I wet my hair well and then CO my scalp. The length is usually fine without any more or very little conditioner.