PDA

View Full Version : What cone free shampoo/condtioner should I buy

sss
August 20th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I am planning on buying a cone free shampoo and conditioner today and was wondering what is a popular brand on LHC that has cone free products that work good. I have dry frizzy hair by the way so I plan on trying out the CO-wash.

sss
August 20th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I am thinking which one is better company Aubrey Organics or Jessicurl?

faithsdaisy421
August 20th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Here is what I do... I use Suave coconut conditioner (diluted about 70:30... adding some water to the mix helps. If I don't dilute than my hair is yucky) as my scalp wash. Then, I use a heavy, thick conditioner on my ends. Currently I am using Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle, but in the past I have used Giovanni with good results. I wrap it all up on the top of my head, cover it with a shower cap, and do the rest of my showering duties. When I am ready to rinse, I wait for a new song to come on my ipod (which I play outside the shower for this very reason) and rinse the entire time the song is playing. That way, I know I get all the conditioner out. Back when I was wearing my hair down a lot, I finished the routine by putting some of this: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/shea-moisture-organic-curl-enhancing-smoothie/ID=prod6057761-product on my hair. It is marketed towards African American ladies, but a few of us have found that it does wonders for bringing out the curl in other hair types.

Good luck!

sss
August 20th, 2012, 12:09 PM
thanks I will give that a try

earthnut
August 20th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Suave Naturals and VO5 conditioners are very popular with CO washers because they're cone-free, easy to find, and very cheap. I use Suave Ocean Breeze and Suave Mango Mandarin myself.