PDA

View Full Version : Yep, turbie twists are awesome. XD

nobeltonya
August 20th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Just thought I'd share... :D Finally bought one and tried it yesterday [and this morning], and it's SOOO much better than a bath towel. It definitely reduced the drying time of my hair, and it seemed less frizzy. The towel itself also is so much lighter and less bulky than a bath towel on top of my head... :disco:

starry
August 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM
cool- Ive been thinking about trying one of these- as my hair grows longer.. good to get a recommendation :)

giovanna93
August 20th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I love turbie twists!

They are so much less noticeable than having a big heavy towel sitting on your head :)

moxamoll
August 20th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I love mine too. They also work well over hair treatments or henna. I put on plastic wrap and then the turbie, just to keep in the heat and catch drips! But soon I'm gonna have to figure out how to fold my hair into it or make my own longer version. :p

lapushka
August 20th, 2012, 09:15 AM
But soon I'm gonna have to figure out how to fold my hair into it or make my own longer version. :p

This video by CinnamonHair might be of some help to you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJrQyV60Huo&feature=plcp

vanillabones
August 20th, 2012, 09:56 AM
I loveee turbie twists, I have one and a turbie twist towel (it's a little towel) I love them that's all I use to dry my hair before air drying.

Sylvestrix
August 20th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Oo, I love these! Much comfier than loading a bath towel on top of my head.

I'm trying to find the right fabric to make my own version, preparing for the future when my ends are long enough to poke out! =D I think plain towelling fabric might do it- I think its thicker than the normal turbie fabric, but it still wouldn't be as bulky as wrapping up in a normal towel! =3

jacqueline101
August 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I was going to buy one or a shami like you use on your car.

nobeltonya
August 21st, 2012, 03:16 PM
My hair is longer than the end, but I just fold it up like Cinnamon Hair does in the video lapushka linked to ^. This morning was the third time in a row I've used it, and my hair is so much easier to comb also. And it's so smooth and shiny looking [more than usual]. Sweeeet. :rolling: :disco:

oktobergoud
August 21st, 2012, 03:44 PM
Yes, they are amazing! I love them :D

shutterpillar
August 21st, 2012, 05:21 PM
We have one, but only my 7 year old daughter uses it. She looooves it. I've personally never tried it, but I probably should.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 21st, 2012, 05:30 PM
I made myself one yesterday using cotton velour (the TT webpage says that is what they use). So last night I had to wash my hair to see how it worked.

It was wonderfully comfortable - so much easier than having a bath towel wrapped around my head. Lovely and light. Would be great for travelling too.

But it didn't seem to absorb any water and I kept having drips down my neck. But I didn't pre-wash the fabric before I made/used it. So have washed it today, I'm sure it will absorb just fine from now on. Am going to make one as a surprise present for my sister.

I just googled How to make a Turbie Twist, and the instructions came up - very easy to follow.

AMD
August 21st, 2012, 05:58 PM
I have a bunch of them. I love that it helps to get the excess water out without making my hair feel like all the moisture has fled.

julliams
August 21st, 2012, 07:25 PM
There is a point at which they become a little short. I know there are suggestions for how to use them when your hair is longer but with the thickness I have, that just wasn't practical. I simply bought a large microfibre towel on ebay (it's about 1m long and 50cm wide). I find it's perfect for my hair and it doubles as a real towel if you are travelling.

missketi
August 22nd, 2012, 04:12 AM
I have one at home. Those things are very cool and practical.

MissPetite2010
September 2nd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Just bought one today at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Love it! Soo much lighter, and very easy to use. lightweight, and perfect for long hair. :) Love the fact that it came with two. :) Yay! :D Definitely like this better instead of using a regular towel. I would say it's too bulky compared to the turbie twist. :D

millyaulait
September 2nd, 2012, 05:41 PM
I ordered one of these today - can't wait to try it out! :cheese:

MissPetite2010
September 2nd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Not sure about all of them, but the one I bought was a two pack. Safari. One had brown/offwhite stripes, the other was brown. I've seen some at walmart, I think it came with only 1. Forgot the price though. Thought about it before, when I first saw it. Thought it was worth a shot, and love it. :):blossom:

Long_hair_bear
September 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
I found a PURPLE one at CVS and scooped it up! I love it as a normal towel used to fall off my head. :eyebrows:

MrsGuther
September 2nd, 2012, 06:21 PM
My mom and my sister have some turbie twists. I have tried them before once I think... Not sure how long ago that was though.

lis_sing
September 2nd, 2012, 07:06 PM
Love mine too! Only have one but will definitely pick up other colors. I definitely reduced drying time when I use mine :)

Suze2012
September 3rd, 2012, 12:49 AM
I got a couple the other week and they do seem to benefit my hair - not sure how much water they draw out though - bit undecided on that - but plopping with it does give me root lift and makes curls not frizz. :)

The only thing I haven't got the knack of it getting my fringe/bangs out of it without dragging lengths of hair out too.