PDA

View Full Version : Turns out my hair is not BSL

RubySlippers
August 20th, 2012, 05:18 AM
:(

I don't know why I though it was... I really don't! But I was convinced my hair was down to my bra strap, and when I took before and after pics this weekend for my henna, I discovered that I'm actually INCHES away. More like APL!

:confused:

So, that was unexpected.

On the other hand, I haven't actually lost any length, so I've nothing to mourn, but I thought I was way closer to target. Oh well. No waist for Christmas! Le sigh.

Lauram
August 20th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Aww I'm sorry! I feel your pain. My hair is wavy so it's going to take way longer to grow it out to hip than I thought cause of the shrinkage. Poo

Here's to hoping our hair grows fast

sun-kissed
August 20th, 2012, 07:31 AM
That used to happen to me too; I would see my hair in the mirror and it would look like it was almost waist, but in reality it was only a scraggly BSL. Length pictures are really eye-opening in terms of what the length actually looks like from behind!

Amen to Lauram, it'll get there someday. :toast:

1nuitblanche
August 20th, 2012, 07:40 AM
That's no fun! You will get there though. Maybe next time the surprise will be better!

Rufflebutt
August 20th, 2012, 07:44 AM
It's okay. I was hoping to shoot for tailbone by Christmas, but instead I found it would be better to maintain at hip length for a while longer to get rid of hair damage.

On the bright side, be thankful that you have such beautiful healthy hair even if it's shorter than you'd like. :)

RubySlippers
August 20th, 2012, 08:12 AM
It's okay. I was hoping to shoot for tailbone by Christmas, but instead I found it would be better to maintain at hip length for a while longer to get rid of hair damage.

On the bright side, be thankful that you have such beautiful healthy hair even if it's shorter than you'd like. :)

Aw thank you. I am thankful.

I'll pop up some henna pics in a little while as I'm quite pleased with the before and after difference and the current colour.

It's all an exercise in being less about the immediate gratification and learning patience and a "mind like water" way of being.

Some day I will be so zen I'll be a Jedi!

CurlyCap
August 20th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I did this in March. I was convinced I was at BSL, but a length picture (flat-ironed and from behind) showed me that I was only at APL.

Six months later, I'm at a solid BSL. So if you really are APL, you don't have to wait much longer!

vanillabones
August 20th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Aw, I know how you feel, I want to be APL and BSL so bad. Some day soon.

MintChocChip
August 20th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Aw, that's a shame! :( I do this all the time too! That's why length shots are a good idea in a way. And when you do get there I'm sure it'll be more exciting this way anyway! :)

jacqueline101
August 20th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I have that problem too it looks longer at times shorter other times. I guess curly hair does that even though mine is perm curls.

akilina
August 20th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Me too
I do not know why...I looked one day and calculated I am about 2 inches from BSL, yet other times I look and it seems I am a whole 6 inches away from bsl, a whole nother year :(