PDA

View Full Version : Help with scalp/roots please!

ludwig20
August 19th, 2012, 11:55 PM
For the past few days, I've noticed there's a stubborn waxy patch on my scalp and my roots around my hairline are also waxy. I'm not quite sure what provoked it, since I have tried different sls-free shampoos. At first I thought I wasn't rinsing my hair thoroughly, but it doesn't go away.

I used Suave clarifying shampoo today, making sure to lather and wash out well. That didn't work either.
By noon, that small section on my scalp and my hairline looked waxy. :(

Has this happened to anyone before? I'm really confused and upset. Ever since this happened, my roots have been flat and I can't even run my fingers gently through my hair. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

akilina
August 20th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Hmmm...you already clarified so I wish there was something better I could say!
I have gone thru the same exact thing though over the years. For a few days or a week, I will have a patch that seriously just feels waxy.

Once I found it was from not rinsing certain shampoos/conditioners but you are already aware of that cause too :(
Sorry, wish I had a good explanation.
It seems that when this happens to me, a good oiling and a good BBB session always does the trick.

ludwig20
August 20th, 2012, 01:58 AM
I haven't oiled my scalp since I fear it will make it worse. Maybe I should. But I'll see what others recommend first.

Thank you!

PolarCathy
August 20th, 2012, 01:59 AM
I would also go with oiling :) Oil dissolves wax.

ludwig20
August 20th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Should I continue using sls-free shampoo, though? Or do you think sls could help remove the waxiness after oiling?

ludwig20
August 20th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Bumping this up for more advice, please!

spirals
August 20th, 2012, 09:43 PM
I would also go with oiling :) Oil dissolves wax.
Yeah, like the oil cleansing method for complexion. Maybe we should both try it. I've had the waxy patch near my hairline for the last 25 years.

ludwig20
August 23rd, 2012, 08:37 AM
Okay, this thing is stubborn! :( I washed my hair this morning with a SLS shampoo. I followed with a vinegar rinse. I still have that waxy strip though.

I'm hesitant to try oil on my scalp again. But should I use EVOO or something lighter?

PolarCathy
August 23rd, 2012, 08:50 AM
Okay, this thing is stubborn! :( I washed my hair this morning with a SLS shampoo. I followed with a vinegar rinse. I still have that waxy strip though.

I'm hesitant to try oil on my scalp again. But should I use EVOO or something lighter?

Grapeseed? Walnut (the real one, not the infused olive)? And in particular, apricot kernel? These are all light. Apricot is the lightest/thinnest I ever used.

heidi w.
August 23rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
I haven't oiled my scalp since I fear it will make it worse. Maybe I should. But I'll see what others recommend first.

Thank you!

Oil only the length, at least.

Um, it's shared that you already clarified yet this waxy patch persists. Hmmm. Stop oiling the scalp related hair and merely oil the length ONLY. Sebum will do its job on the scalp hair.

I would say clarify again, and make SURE to rinse really, really well. IF that fails, then advance to chelating.

heidi w.

heidi w.
August 23rd, 2012, 09:37 AM

I wouldn't add to the problem. EVOO is not a light oil, at all. IS that Olive Oil of some kind?...

heidi w.