PDA

View Full Version : Braggs Aminos Scalp and Hair treatment?

lionessmane
August 19th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Hi all,

Has anyone tried adding Braggs Aminos to their homemade hair pack?

For those that don't know of it, BA is a non-fermented, more "natural" form of soy sauce that you can find at pretty much any health food or otherwise "granola-crunchy" kinda store. It is great for cooking, has less salt than regular soy sauce, and of course it has AMINO ACIDS, which are great for hair...

So, I've been experimenting... My hair is down to my breasts, and thin as dandelion fluff(well, almost)from stress and poor diet. I want thicker, stronger hair.

I have been mixing about 2 TB BA, 2 TB Blackstrap molasses, 1 TB MSM powder, 1 TB Biotin Powder and 1 sheet of Nori Seaweed. I water this down with a bit of my Horsetail, Nettle, Catnip, Sage, Rosemary tea that I keep in reserve in the 'fridge.

My hair seems to come out thicker and glossy if I leave this mix in my hair for about 15 minutes and cover it. I only do this mix a few times a week(has only been one week since I started making this pack).

I will say that at first I only used BA in my hair and found the results were the same-thicker and glossier. So I assume it is the BA giving these results, although I'm sure that the other ingredients are useful as well.

Time will tell. Has anyone tried putting BA in their hair, though?