PDA

View Full Version : Hi! New here.

lionessmane
August 19th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Hey all,

I've been lurking around LHC for a while and finally decided that I would join. My "mane" goal here on the forums is to share and research hair growth information, mainly in regards to growing thicker hair.

My hair is quite fine, and I have just started taking Biotin, MSM/Glucosomine, B complex, blackstrap molasses, calcium orotate from sesame seeds, liquid activated silica, idodine and Evening Primose Oil supplements. I also drink nettle tea occasionally.

I wash with baking soda and sometimes shikakai powder. My only conditioner is Mane N Tail. It is the only conditioner that seems to work on my hair, keeping it from being brittle or weighed down. I also do a rinse with catnip, sage, nettles, rosemary tea. I henna/indigo every few weeks now.

I have only been doing this routine for about two weeks. Already I think I may see a difference. I also am doing a lot of scalp massage and fingernail rubbing.

I am a believer in the power of visualization and intention, so I am currently visualizing myself with thick, lustrous, dark brown hair. I am also starting to use the EFT method(google it, it's too weird for me to explain :) ), focusing on growing thick hair.

I will let you guys know how it goes!

Lionessmane

embee
August 19th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Welcome! Sounds like you are trying all sorts of things people here like... although I cannot do the baking soda thing, it makes my hair feel like straw. Each to her own I guess. :)

lionessmane
August 19th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks Embee!

As to baking soda...Yes, I have found that it dries out my hair a bit sometimes. However, I was not being specific enough about how I use it.

When I have the chance, I mix the baking soda thoroughly with equal parts shikakai powder and borax. I add a teaspoon of vinega and some water. I mix it until it stops fizzing. So that is about 1/4 cup dry ingredients and 1/4 cup water with tsp of vinegar.

I make sure that the liquid is dissolved. I get my hair wet first, using lukewarm water. Then I pour the mixture on my scalp. I very gently work it through my hair.

Now, my hair is maybe down to my breasts. It is quite thin from stress and poor diet, not so much genetics, I believe...My dad had thick black curly hair and my mom had medium thickness red hair that grew quickly. Mine is THIN!!! :(

Anyway, I make sure to wash ALL of the baking soda mixture out. This can be very deceptive, knowing whether or not it is totally washed out. The only way to tell is if there is none of that slippery feeling left in your hair, AT ALL. Other wise, you will end up with hair the texture of hay!

After I've washed that all out, I work Mane n' Tail through my scalp, leaving it on for about 3-5 minutes. I towel dry it a bit, then I SPRAY on a mixture of catnip, nettle, horsetail(forgot to mention that), sage and rosemary tea. I spray it on my scalp and just all through out my hair. I also sometimes spray Rosewater onto my scalp and all throughout my hair.

Then I let it dry...My hair seems pretty shiny, thick and soft for someone with baby fine hair like me. Maybe you should try washng with baking soda this way?

embee
August 20th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Maybe you should try washng with baking soda this way?

Well, not right now! Although Baking Soda is a nice inexpensive product I don't need anything at the moment. In the summer I am Water Only (just rinses, usually scalp, sometimes the whole length but not often). And in winter for the last year or so I've been No Water / Sebum Only.

I could never ever have done this at a younger age, but now my skin and hair are dry enough naturally that it works.

I must say, having no long freshly washed hair dripping down my back in winter is a real plus! :D

Pierre
August 21st, 2012, 12:37 AM
Welcome to LHC! Are you talking about BioSil? I used to take that, but haven't in a while.