PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to remove cone build up with condtioner

sss
August 19th, 2012, 11:34 AM
ok first evolve the second I use shampoo my hair frizzes up so much I hate it so much. The shampoo can be sls free or with sls the results are pretty much the same (poofy the poof ball). Every product I have has cones in it and I have tried some cone free ones they usually don't get rid of frizz for me I don't know why. But as my natural oils kik back in, in a couple of days I have my curls back and my frizz is reduced dramatically so this is how I know shampoo is the problem. So I was wondering could I use cone products and ditch shampoo completely and use the co-washing method to remove the build-up of cones in stuff in my hair:confused:

afu
August 19th, 2012, 11:38 AM
there are certain cones which are water soluble which you can wash out with conditioner, if you look through the main CO thread there is some discussion on this issue. the key is to only use water soluble cones, some members (for example piggy) use soluble cones to great success but it's important to know which are suitable

sss
August 19th, 2012, 12:04 PM
thanks I will check that out.

Kiwiwi
August 19th, 2012, 01:16 PM
You say you have curls but your profile says you are a 2a wavy. Can you clarify? :)

If you do have curls then I want to ask; do you brush your hair? Cos that might cause the frizz. Curlies should not brush after a shower. Let it air dry. That way your curls can clump together like they want to and form nice curls. Brushes rip the curls apart and cause frizz.

sss
August 20th, 2012, 08:26 AM
my hair is wavy/curly, but more on the wavy side, but when I shampoo most of my waves go away and then when my natural oils come back in a couple of days my hair gets pretty wavy and when I get out of the shower I use a wide tooth comb and then let it air dry and then use a round brush that sound good?

NataschaB.
August 20th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Try to comb your hair with the wide tooth comb while you are showering and your hair is full of conditioner. If you put your hair up in a towel after showering, you could try plopping instead. Towels can make your wavy/curly hair frizzy. And try not to use the round brush.

sss
August 20th, 2012, 09:10 AM
K thanks for the tips I will try it out

sss
August 22nd, 2012, 01:48 PM
I tried the tip with using a wide tooth comb in the shower with conditioner on my whole head ,but not the scalp and my hair turned practically frizz free with no product as-well. I did that tip and then did not touch my hair at all while it was drying and then when it air dried I scrunched my hair with my hands and it looked way better then before. Should I stick to scrunching or can I use a wide tooth comb when my hair is dry? or will that cause frizz.

Ml001
August 22nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
Try to comb your hair with the wide tooth comb while you are showering and your hair is full of conditioner. If you put your hair up in a towel after showering, you could try plopping instead. Towels can make your wavy/curly hair frizzy. And try not to use the round brush.

^ agreed. Wavy hair is curly hair and, while some wavies can get away with brushing, many more cannot. It sounds like you might be one of them. Do not even comb your dry hair. Once you have combed it while wet, try to just leave it be. Do the scrunching while it is wet, too.

You may be able to remove the 'cones with conditioner unless they are not water soluble. You can clarify with a baking soda wash or an SLS shampoo if you have one on hand.

sss
August 22nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
ya I ordered jessicurl shampoo and condtioner because it seems to have great reviews from people. I plan on using conditioner daily and shampooing about 2 times a week since it is sls free it should not be bad for my hair.