PDA

View Full Version : Hair Breakage

Lisabunny
August 18th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I just want to cry! I did my hair in curlformers yesterday and today I noticed my hair on the top now have a five inch layer!:sad It can hide it but still...:wail:

Lisabunny
August 19th, 2012, 06:49 AM
never mind

Avital88
August 19th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Did it break off totally or? Sorry to hear this,hope it Will be fine soon and the forum seems to be at à summer break..

jacqueline101
August 19th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I'd say its time to pamper your hair and let it grow out the damage. I'd suggest micro trims as it grows longer.

Lisabunny
August 19th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Thanks ladies, I was sooo upset lastnight :( I just put away my mirror and went to bed. The breakage is only 5 inches long from the top so 25 inches are gone. Its right at my center part. I am able to hide it but no more Curlformers for me!:steam

gillybeanxo3921
August 19th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I have a layer that's broken like that :( Mine isn't as bad, but it still bothers me. I've been growing mine out for a while

kitcatsmeow
August 19th, 2012, 12:29 PM
That happened from just one use?! dang!

I feel for ya....I'm growing out breakage on my top layer as well. The shortest pieces were prob around 3 or 4 inches. Mine was from striping/dyeing/bleaching/hair dryer and straightener abuse not to mention curing iron! Ugh it's a wonder I still have hair.

It's finally down past chin length and not as noticeable.

Good luck it WILL grow back...

akilina
August 19th, 2012, 12:30 PM
You said never mind but was this breakage?? Or new growth showing?
The growth would appear to be sort of a tapered piece of hair. If it was broken it would just be a blunt end.

Kaelee
August 19th, 2012, 12:47 PM
You said never mind but was this breakage?? Or new growth showing?
The growth would appear to be sort of a tapered piece of hair. If it was broken it would just be a blunt end.

This is true, and sometimes new growth comes in in odd ways. I've had a few "OMG what is all this breakage??!" moments before I looked close and realize I just have a LOT of new growth all at the same time/place for some reason. :lol:

Silly hairs.

jojo
August 19th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I have tons of shorter hairs I bet you it's new hair as Akilina suggested

Lisabunny
August 23rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Wow new hair! I never thought of that! :) It is tapered too. I said never mind as I was embarrassed of my post at first.:blushing:

spirals
August 23rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
Well, if it ever really does break off, get a cool layered haircut. :)