PDA

View Full Version : Had to stand up to have my hair trimmed!!

Magicknthenight
August 7th, 2008, 01:44 PM
:p:DWell I was out today and figured it was probably about time for a hair trim since its been a while. So I went to great clips! (which is where i went last time) and i was hoping for the best because last time the lady was extremely nice. I think i got the same lady this time. Anyway i went in with an infinity bun. And as soon as she took it out she started complimenting my hair! Saying how long and pretty it was :D
Then....she told me I would have to stand up to have my hair trimmed because it was so long! And then told me how since its passed the seat she didn't wanna cut it unevenly. My first thought was..."Are you serious!?":cheese:
So i stood up and she cut my hair. She kept saying nice things all the way through. Then told me she had a cousin that had ankle length THICK hair and how it was like Crystal Gayles. Also that her husband helped her take care of it.
Anyways that SO made my day. One of my first thoughts was "wow i gotta tell TLHC about this one!" and all the way to where we were walking out the door she was talking about how pretty my hair was. She had asked me how long i was gonna grow it, I wasn't sure so i said "umm just alot longer". She also asked if i had waves since when she took it down she saw some but then she had wetted my hair.
so yay! I'm so happy now! :inlove:

Also i was checking my e-mail yesterday and a friend saw a LHC e-mail and said THE LONG HAIR COMMUNITY?! and laughed. -...- its not that i was keeping it from her but still. Then she went on to say "your on a long hair community, have a hair sanctuary, and spent 20 dollars on shampoo and conditioner!" Ehh. I rather not have my friends reading my posts. They know how obsessed with long hair i am but this would probably surprize them. And its not quite a "sanctuary" yet..atleast not until i get all my hair sticks in the mail :o
She asked if i was gonna add a candle to my long hair "sanctuary". Haha. Well its just a small table with hair stuff! I have no where else to put because my desk and dresser always have a ton of stuff on it! >.> And maybe i will put a candle on it! A nice scented one!!:D

ps- this is also kind of ironic because i still don't think my hair is long!!!
Maybe just in the outside world?

Islandgrrl
August 7th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Wow! Your hair must be quite wonderful! I'm happy for you that you had such a good experience with your trim and such great compliments from the stylist! Yay for you!!! :)

spidermom
August 7th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Congratulations on the compliment. I enjoyed the entire tale.

Magicknthenight
August 7th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks!
I think next time I may be excited to go..vs nervous!:)

ladystar
August 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Aww how wonderful! Congrats !! :cheese:

Future CCC-SLP
August 7th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Congrats! That makes two of us, I got my hair trimmed today and my stylist said the same that I need to stand up to avoid unevenness from the chair! I was so excited! yay for long hair!

Shanarana
August 7th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I remember the first time standing up to get my hair trimmed and that was when I realized I had long hair. :)

I do my own trims now.......so happy you had a great experience. :)

DecafJane
August 7th, 2008, 04:22 PM
That is great! What a lovely experience for you. :)

Patrycja
August 7th, 2008, 04:25 PM
That's a awesome story,thank you so much for sharing :flower:
LHC is a sanctuary for some.There could be much worse things on the web we can all be addicted to,believe me :lol:

It must feel awesome to have to stand up to have your hair trimmed,btw :cheese:

Angellen
August 7th, 2008, 05:39 PM
That's great! Congrats. That sounds like a lovely place to be, and what a great story! :flower:

Magicknthenight
August 7th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Congrats! That makes two of us, I got my hair trimmed today and my stylist said the same that I need to stand up to avoid unevenness from the chair! I was so excited! yay for long hair!
yay congrads to you too!:D

I remember the first time standing up to get my hair trimmed and that was when I realized I had long hair. :)

I do my own trims now.......so happy you had a great experience. :) Thank you!

That is great! What a lovely experience for you. :) It defently was!

That's a awesome story,thank you so much for sharing :flower:
LHC is a sanctuary for some.There could be much worse things on the web we can all be addicted to,believe me :lol:

It must feel awesome to have to stand up to have your hair trimmed,btw :cheese: True! I guess i didn't want jokes to be made about it because it IS serious to me! yes it was awesome thank you!:p

SHELIAANN1969
August 7th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Right on, she's a keeper, and she has wonderful "chair-side" manner!!

I am glad you found a fabulous hair-dresser and one that respects your wishes and also adores long hair as well.

:)

Magicknthenight
August 7th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Right on, she's a keeper, and she has wonderful "chair-side" manner!!

I am glad you found a fabulous hair-dresser and one that respects your wishes and also adores long hair as well.

:)

Thank you! Yes i know it was quite the long process to find someone like her!!!;):D

ps- horray for awesome hair dressers! :D

Slug Yoga
August 7th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Sounds like she was respectful of and enthusiastic of long hair, a great thing for a stylist :) I am intrigued about your "hair sanctuary," can you explain more?

Magicknthenight
August 7th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Sounds like she was respectful of and enthusiastic of long hair, a great thing for a stylist :) I am intrigued about your "hair sanctuary," can you explain more?

I think for the most part she was joking about how "obsessed" I am with hair. Its just a small table with a nice cloth thrown over it with my shampoo/condish., hairties, hair sticks, s&d scissors, bobby pins just in case, one of those hair clips that you bend, and oil. Stuff i use alot. The other stuff is on top of my desk. Also when i get my hairsticks in the mail i plan to lay them there so they will be all together and pretty and within reach when i need them^-^. She joked about adding a candle...but i love candles :D. So if its a "sanctuary" im not sure haha. I suppose since its kinda like my own hair supply table and everything is organized on it. But why hide such inspiring things in one of my cramped up drawers! And yea she was a great stylist who supported what i wanted instead of trying to change it which made the whole experience a million times better!:)

ps- it almost makes me want to go back since its so nice to have a person in real life to talk about long hair with (that doesnt get tired of it!)
But for now i have no reason to haha