PDA

View Full Version : Curlies, how do you wear your hair when sleeping?

bouclée
August 18th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Hi curlies,

Well I think my curls are coming back now that I am no longer pregnant (DS will be one month tomorrow :)). I am trying CO to encourage the curls, but I still have bad second day hair. I sleep with my hair loose or braided...

How do you wear your hair at night to preserve your curls? Any tip?

MissAlida
August 18th, 2012, 08:01 AM
I've tried braiding, but it relaxed my curls into waves. I tried bunning, but it was uncomfortable, since I toss and turn alot. I tried wrapping it in a silk scarf, but it turned out to be too hot. I've tried pineapling it, but my scalp hurt in the morning. That was the last drop. Now I sleep with it loose.:D My hair is happy, no damage whatsoever from the pillowcase or sheets, my scalp doesent hurt, and I can redefine my curls in the morning by spraying some water on them and scrunching. I say, don't do a big deal out of it. If you are really concerned, buy a silk pillowcase or a silk sleeping cap.

Lisabunny
August 18th, 2012, 08:27 AM
What I do is put my hair up in a very high pony then drape it over my pillow. HTH :)

dollyfish
August 18th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I'm wavy, not curly, but a lot of my sleep problems are similar so I'll weigh in.

At the length I'm at I find leaving it loose and using a satin pillow case is best for me. When it gets too long for that I'll loosely braid. Either way I usually like to spritz with a mix of water, EVOO and EO in the morning for whirl revitalization :)

starry
August 18th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I cant get through the second day. I thi nk maybe some people cant... So I just restyle/ wet refresh etc- the second day never looks as good.

HylianGirl
August 18th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Have ou tried the pineaple?

Step one:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qXuvnHXDpjM/SgEjMiEfBYI/AAAAAAAAA9U/608m0RYaJfg/s400/P5060042.JPG

Step two:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qXuvnHXDpjM/SgEjM1vKgCI/AAAAAAAAA9c/cxcJ6jzkx1E/s400/P5060041.JPG

then just leave the hair over the pillow, and by the morning the curls look great ^-^

ETA: I'm not the one in the pics, it's just that I can't add my on pics here =/

DancingQueen
August 18th, 2012, 09:19 AM
If my hair is impossible, I sometimes just braid it, but as someone said, it relaxes the curls, so I don't like to do it. But usually, I just flip my hair over the pillow (the hair is loose). Every time I flip, I flip my hair with me. It only took a few days to get used to, but this is the best way to prevent tangles and keep the curls for me. :)

moltabella
August 18th, 2012, 09:25 AM
either i'll braid and tuck it under (this will make your 2 day hair flatter/wavier)

or i will just twist the length up and tuck it into my satin sleeping cap.

Either way I always use a satin sleeping cap. The second option actually left a good amount of volume.

Second day hair always has to be spruced up a little though.

afu
August 18th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I like to use a french rope braid to preeserve the curls and then scrunch with a damp flannel in the morning toperk it back up if needed

moon2dove
August 18th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I 'pineapple' my hair high on top of my head!

In the mornings, I damp my hair and scrunch a tiny bit of conditioner into it.

I can't plait my hair at night, I look like a frizz ball in the morning!!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 18th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I'm just a wavy - but I use a sleeping cap, then a quick spritz with water/Conditioner next morning to revive. I get no tangling problems when I use a sleeping cap as opposed to not using one.

earthnut
August 18th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I usually sleep with my hair loose, on a satin pillowcase. I wash every day. I might be able to not wash and just spritz, but I haven't tried that yet.

I can't pineapple, because that hurts my scalp. If I bun or braid, that straightens my hair.

If I really don't want to wash the next day, the best thing I've found so far is to wash my hair at night, put it in a tightly knotted plop, and sleep in the plop. My hair's still a little wet in the morning but doesn't take long to dry.

chelshireling
August 18th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I either braid- which turns my curls into waves or put it in a high bun on top of my head- i cant sleep with it down or in a ponytail because it always get it my face, either way I have to revitalize it in the morning by wetting it and scrunching if i want to get lots of curls.

CurlyCap
August 19th, 2012, 01:48 AM
I can't really get second day hair. Sprizing isn't enough moisture to let the curls reforms. So co-wash every day works best for me.

However, when my hair was longer, I'd sometimes put it in a cinnabun on top of my head while it was still damp. Then in the morning, I'd take the bun down, the hair would still be mostly damp, and the hair would curl naturally.

bouclée
August 19th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Thank you all for your answers. I think I'll try this pineapple thing...