PDA

View Full Version : Littler mermaid bangs? :P

heyshortyhey
August 17th, 2012, 07:18 PM
So, I used to have the straight across bangs everyone rocked in the 90s, until probably 8th or 9th grade. Then I decided to try side bangs and liked them. But now, no matter how I have them cut, they just never LOOK right! They've either got too much volume and are too high off my face, or there are too many short pieces to keep it pinned near my ear without looking like I have a horrible combover. If I get them fully to one side, the other side looks naked. If I leave a bit on both sides, it looks strange because my bangs are so sort and I haven't got any layers right now (I'm in the process of growing out to APL and refusing to cut). I've been wanting desperately to grow them out and wear them to the side, and I can always pin them when they get long enough, but it's not the same. Now, obviously Ariel is a cartoon character, so naturally, her grafity-defying bangs aren't that odd. I just can't figure out how to re-create them.

I've tried blow drying, flat ironing, and using a big round curling iron. I'm actually sitting here with a big red roller bobbypinned against my scalp right now, while everything else is in a wet set. I guess it's possible they just aren't LONG enough yet, but can anyone give me some suggestions? The whole point of trying to style my bangs like this is so I can grow them out for once!

HylianGirl
August 17th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Have you tried pinning them like this?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_u9ECBDFK8-Q/S1-TD6XppTI/AAAAAAAAAOw/Lv5TCKfMHFk/s320/cab16.jpg

Rufflebutt
August 17th, 2012, 09:01 PM
I've met some people whose hair just naturally does it. I honestly think it's because they have naturally thick and coarse air with a more rough texture. I really don't think they are really accomplish-able for people without the right hair texture. I know that my hair would never do that in a million years.
My hair is thick and coarse, but the strands are very smooth and slippery. It doesn't have a lot of volume at all and it doesn't ever like to stay with any sort of styling except flat ironing.

Rufflebutt
August 17th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Have you tried the bang bump like this?

http://mybestfriendshair.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/pompadour.jpg

I can do it with my own bangs, and they only reach my eyebrows. It keeps your bangs out of the way while you grow them out and it's a fashion trend right now. :)