PDA

View Full Version : Three treatments...what order?

RubySlippers
August 17th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Hi guys,

I'm going to be doing three Inge to my hair this weekend.
First of all, it's time to henn? Them roots aren't going to dye themselves!
Secondly, because I'm aware that some people report henna to be a bit drying (I've only used Lush ones before now, but this time BAQ), and also because I don't want to deep treat too soon after hennaing, I want to give it a good moisturise. Maybe SMT. Well, probably SMT!
And then, to boot, I have been free of shampoo for two months now, but have used a coney condish once or twice, and one with mineral oil in too. I want to get all of that out, and I don't mind using shampoo before I henna.

But...clarify-deep treat-henna? Or deep treat-clarify-henna?

Will the clarifying undo all the good of the DT? Or will the DT unclarify and block the henna absorption? Or is the idea of doing all three together completely redundant?

Loveisaverb
August 17th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Through I don't henna, I have looked around at a few threads such as
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17917
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=33673
And from what I see people usually clarify first and then henna, then wash it out with CO, then do a SMT.

pink.sara
August 17th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Definitely clarify, to remove that build up and allow the henna to stick properly, then henna, then deep treat to counteract any possible dryness.

Sounds like fun :)

RubySlippers
August 17th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Hmmm, but I don't want to suck the henna back out with a DT.

I want to give it a week to oxidise. Maybe that just means it gets to be a bit dry and dull for a week?

Humph, I think I was trying to avoid that.

Well, still thinking. But yes, it will be fun! A whole bunch of hair related treats! Yay!

lmfbs
August 17th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Personally, I DT WITH my henna treatments. I add honey and conditioner and apply my henna to oiled hair. It's a 5 hour DT w/ colour!

RubySlippers
August 17th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Personally, I DT WITH my henna treatments. I add honey and conditioner and apply my henna to oiled hair. It's a 5 hour DT w/ colour!

See I don't really see any reason why I shouldnt do that. The lush henna I used for years was mega moisturising with loads of cocoa butter etc. but I think I'm hoping for an even more dramatic colour uptake from the BAQ, and I want to give it a chance to really show what it can do.

And for some reason I've got it in my head that if my hair is absorbing moisture, it's not absorbing colour. Maybe this is nonsense.

I might do: clarify... Then henna with honey, and one of the oils that absorbs, rather than coats the hair (sweet almond? Olive?) then CO it all out and ACV rinse.

*head spinning*

lmfbs
August 17th, 2012, 04:39 AM
See I don't really see any reason why I shouldnt do that. The lush henna I used for years was mega moisturising with loads of cocoa butter etc. but I think I'm hoping for an even more dramatic colour uptake from the BAQ, and I want to give it a chance to really show what it can do.

And for some reason I've got it in my head that if my hair is absorbing moisture, it's not absorbing colour. Maybe this is nonsense.

I might do: clarify... Then henna with honey, and one of the oils that absorbs, rather than coats the hair (sweet almond? Olive?) then CO it all out and ACV rinse.

*head spinning*

I use coconut oil, which as far as I know is the only (common) oil that your hair absorbs.

I add conditioner into my mix because it makes it a million times easier to rinse out the henna. I rinse, do a quick CO wash then ACV.