PDA

View Full Version : What are your current/ultimate hair goals and why?

SongofLove
August 16th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Hi all! Could you share what your current and/or future hair goals are, and why you chose them? Inquiring minds would like to know :p

For example, if your hair goal is to reach waist length, what is it about waist length that you like/think you'll like? Or if you're growing out dye, what made you decide to do so?

My intermediate goal right now is to reach classic length. Classic length seems to be a very aesthetically pleasing length, judging by all the lovely photos on this forum and by the few CL beauties that I've seen in real life.

However, I love braids, so my ultimate goal is to have a classic-length braid, which I figure would require fingertip length at least...I will also probably need to have an intermediate goal of maintaining to thicken my ends before reaching FT, because if I don't, my family will probably bug me to cut it :eek:

So, how about you? Please be as concise or as wordy as you would like. Waiting eagerly for responses! :)

Amorice
August 16th, 2012, 07:46 PM
My ultimate goal is somewhere between hip and tailbone. I've been at about mid-back/waist for a long time, and while most consider it "long", I don't think its terribly long, but the pictures I've seen of hip and tailbone length hair looks lovely and long but not too long. Classic or longer would be too much for me because I like wearing my hair down and wouldn't want to worry about sitting on it!

Tristania
August 16th, 2012, 07:52 PM
My primary goal is healthy and beautiful hair, and trying to achieve this while using chemical dyes (I refuse to stop dying my hair black!). Growing it as long as it will grow, or until it starts to look scraggly, is a secondary goal. Growing back to tailbone would be awesome, anything longer than that would be a plus.

MeowScat
August 16th, 2012, 07:54 PM
My current goal is to continue growing to mid-butt but slowly thickening up my straggly, thin hemline along the way. I want my hemline to be blunt one day. It'll take years. Hurry up and grow already!

I'd love to chop off the yucky ends but I've done that so many times and regretted losing the length. I know it would look so much better, but I'm just not ready to lose 6 - 8 inches. Those old layers and highlights look so ratty, although they're soft since lurking LHC.

I used to like quality over quantity, but that has changed in the past few years. I'd rather have longer hair with thin ends than shorter hair with a thick hemline during my growing out. Weird.

I love the way mid-butt length looks, the way it moves and how impressively it falls over your shoulder. Classic Length is gorgeous but I don't think I would have the patience or decent looking ends at that length even though it's not terribly far from my goal. Weird, again.

I was looking at pictures the other night of Robin Wright's hair in the Princess Bride and I pictured her hair at mid-butt. Wrong-o!

SongofLove
August 16th, 2012, 08:02 PM
My ultimate goal is somewhere between hip and tailbone. I've been at about mid-back/waist for a long time, and while most consider it "long", I don't think its terribly long, but the pictures I've seen of hip and tailbone length hair looks lovely and long but not too long. Classic or longer would be too much for me because I like wearing my hair down and wouldn't want to worry about sitting on it!

Haha, good point! Yeah, I've heard a lot of people say that hip/tailbone are nice manageable lengths, and still unusually long for most non-LHCers. I don't know if I will like Classic either, if I get there---I would hate to accidentally sit on it!

JoieBruce
August 16th, 2012, 08:06 PM
When I was a little girl, the lady who was the cashier at our small town grocery store had knee length hair. Her braid fell well past her bottom. I was so envious. I LOVED her hair, and would notice if she got a trim (apparently most didn't). Even now, I think of her hair often.

I've had long hair most of my life, but never really past my waist. I hit waist and usually chop it back up to my shoulders, and immediately regret it. I don't want to do that again.

My braid is currently at BSL, and my length is waist. I'd like for my braid to be tailbone, so I figure I need about classic length. I'd shoot for knee, but my hair is quite thick, and I'm only 5'2" so I'm not sure how well that would work out. We'll see how I feel once I get to classic.

Garnet66
August 16th, 2012, 08:28 PM
My current goal is to grow out my dye and embrace my silvers. And I'm working on finding a routine that works for me. I'm going for quality instead of quantity. Although I'm definately not a long hair yet my goal is waist length. I chose waist length because I remember having waist lenth hair in grade school and I loved swishing it around. Plus, I think waist length would allow me to do most of the updo's that I'm looking forward to do.

SongofLove
August 16th, 2012, 08:30 PM
My primary goal is healthy and beautiful hair, and trying to achieve this while using chemical dyes (I refuse to stop dying my hair black!). Growing it as long as it will grow, or until it starts to look scraggly, is a secondary goal. Growing back to tailbone would be awesome, anything longer than that would be a plus.

Cool! I definitely like black hair. My mom dyes her hair black and I think it looks very good and she keeps it healthy. What shade of black do you have (jet black, soft black?) and what is your natural color? You say grow back to tailbone---did you have tailbone length previously?

earthnut
August 16th, 2012, 08:30 PM
My main goal is healthy, moisturized, shiny, non-frizzy hair that forms nice clumpy wurls. I want to see how healthy I can get it.

My secondary goal is waist length. I want to wear it down a lot, so I don't see myself going longer than waist. But we'll see. The last time I had long hair, my terminal length was waist, but my hair was also parched and not well taken care of. Virgin, but unhealthy. So my terminal length is probably longer now. Maybe when I reach waist, I'll want to see what terminal is. ;)

Rufflebutt
August 16th, 2012, 08:43 PM
My current goal is to grow out my dye and gradually make my way to Classic length while slowly trimming away damage.

Eventually, years down the line, I want to have 100% virgin hair that is classic length or longer without any layers. :)

ApatheticFairy
August 16th, 2012, 08:45 PM
My goal length is classic in a gentle U hemline, for a tailbone length braid. I have really short T-rex arms, even for being five feet tall; anything beyond classic might overwhelm me... and kill my already arthritic fingers.

..not to mention if I have a past-the-butt braid, and I wake up in the morning for wake-up bathroom time (I'm not human until 11am) I'll get morning toilet-water hair. And that's just gross.

My full goal is to have classic virgin hair, but right now I'm focusing on getting to BSL/ MBL for microtrimming until I get all virgin, then grow the rest of the way out. I was BSL but I had to cut it to collarbone length to get rid of a few layers and a lot of bleach damage. I kind of hate myself for it, but I know it'll be healthier and easier to care for instead of the awful rats nest it was. It's still really dry and such, but I don't want to lose more length.

SongofLove
August 16th, 2012, 08:47 PM
My current goal is to continue growing to mid-butt but slowly thickening up my straggly, thin hemline along the way. I want my hemline to be blunt one day. It'll take years. Hurry up and grow already!

I'd love to chop off the yucky ends but I've done that so many times and regretted losing the length. I know it would look so much better, but I'm just not ready to lose 6 - 8 inches. Those old layers and highlights look so ratty, although they're soft since lurking LHC.

I used to like quality over quantity, but that has changed in the past few years. I'd rather have longer hair with thin ends than shorter hair with a thick hemline during my growing out. Weird.

I love the way mid-butt length looks, the way it moves and how impressively it falls over your shoulder. Classic Length is gorgeous but I don't think I would have the patience or decent looking ends at that length even though it's not terribly far from my goal. Weird, again.

I was looking at pictures the other night of Robin Wright's hair in the Princess Bride and I pictured her hair at mid-butt. Wrong-o!

If that's your picture in your siggy, your ends certainly do not "yucky" IMO. I've always thought that a bit of fairytaling looks quite pretty, although a blunt hemline is nice too.

I totally know what you mean about losing length. I was frustrated with dry ends last year and got a cut from hip to waist. It was disappointing because it did not significantly improve the condition of my ends AND I missed the feeling of my hair brushing my elbows :p.

Haha, love the Princess Bride!

sparrowswing
August 16th, 2012, 08:53 PM
I chose Classic length as my goal for several reasons. First, I estimated my hair growth by looking through photos from the last few years, and following that estimation, I'd reach classic right around my 1-year anniversary here on LHC.

Second, it's my favorite length to see on other people. That's not to say I don't like the longer or shorter lengths; there's just something about classic that I really love.

Third, fingertip length on me is just barely beyond classic (short arms/long torso/large derriere), and I'm still not sure how comfortable I'd be with anything longer than fingertip length.

I plan to try growing beyond classic for a bit and see how I like it, but if not being able to directly reach the ends of my hair bothers me, I'll trim and maintain at classic.

I have other goals, like getting my dry ends moisturized and my oily scalp under control without resorting to sulfates or cones, finding a seamless comb, and perfecting the Dutch braid. But I felt the classic goal was ideal as a jumping-off point, since it'll grow on its own, regardless of how much or little effort I put into it.

Tristania
August 16th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Cool! I definitely like black hair. My mom dyes her hair black and I think it looks very good and she keeps it healthy. What shade of black do you have (jet black, soft black?) and what is your natural color? You say grow back to tailbone---did you have tailbone length previously?
My natural hair color is a medium brown that is possibly closer to auburn or slightly golden, I honestly can't remember.

I use Revlon Color Silk no. 10, which says "black" on the box, but looks like a soft black on me. It has a reddish sheen in the sunlight, which I think is very pretty. This week I found a thread on how to do pretreatments with coconut oil before color treating it. I tried it tonight and I'm still waiting for my hair to completely dry, I should see the final outcome tomorrow.

I reached tailbone in January, but it was looking pretty rough so I had it chopped off to about APL. I'm hoping that, with the help from LHC, I'll do better this time!:)

SongofLove
When I was a little girl, the lady who was the cashier at our small town grocery store had knee length hair. Her braid fell well past her bottom. I was so envious. I LOVED her hair, and would notice if she got a trim (apparently most didn't). Even now, I think of her hair often.

I've had long hair most of my life, but never really past my waist. I hit waist and usually chop it back up to my shoulders, and immediately regret it. I don't want to do that again.

My braid is currently at BSL, and my length is waist. I'd like for my braid to be tailbone, so I figure I need about classic length. I'd shoot for knee, but my hair is quite thick, and I'm only 5'2" so I'm not sure how well that would work out. We'll see how I feel once I get to classic.

Yay! Another braid-lover :)

What a charming story you told about the cashier lady! It's wonderful how a longhair can make such an impression on someone :).

Why is it that you would cut back to shoulder? Did you hair become less manageable at waist, or some other reason? I used to cut many inches at a time because otherwise I didn't think the haircut was "worth" the price. I have different views now :D

kiezel
My goal is to find the length best suited to me, which should be somewhere around tailbone, I imagine. So I'm growing out to tailbone and then seeing if I should go longer. :) I also want my natural hair to grow out, I miss my waves. :)

Maybe
August 16th, 2012, 09:02 PM
My main goal is healthy, moisturized, shiny, non-frizzy hair that forms nice clumpy wurls. I want to see how healthy I can get it.

My secondary goal is waist length. I want to wear it down a lot, so I don't see myself going longer than waist. But we'll see. The last time I had long hair, my terminal length was waist, but my hair was also parched and not well taken care of. Virgin, but unhealthy. So my terminal length is probably longer now. Maybe when I reach waist, I'll want to see what terminal is. ;)

Pretty much this.

However, I have only been her (or lurking) for a few weeks and my goal has changed from BSL to MBL to waist. :)

SongofLove
August 16th, 2012, 09:04 PM
My current goal is to grow out my dye and embrace my silvers. And I'm working on finding a routine that works for me. I'm going for quality instead of quantity. Although I'm definately not a long hair yet my goal is waist length. I chose waist length because I remember having waist lenth hair in grade school and I loved swishing it around. Plus, I think waist length would allow me to do most of the updo's that I'm looking forward to do.

Nice! I think silver/grey/white hair is very pretty. And waist length is a great length. What updo's are you wanting to do?

JoieBruce
August 16th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Yay! Another braid-lover :)

What a charming story you told about the cashier lady! It's wonderful how a longhair can make such an impression on someone :).

Why is it that you would cut back to shoulder? Did you hair become less manageable at waist, or some other reason? I used to cut many inches at a time because otherwise I didn't think the haircut was "worth" the price. I have different views now :D

I think I get bored. I start thinking of all the cute things I could do with shorter hair, and impulsively chop it off. I know it doesn't make sense, because I can do so many things with long hair. My hair is never dyed or permed and rarely heat styled so it's pretty healthy. I can't use that as an excuse. That's about when people start asking when I will cut it, and when I mention in passing that I'm thinking about it they offer encouragement. Last time my mom even paid for the hair cut!

Madora
August 16th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Hi all! Could you share what your current and/or future hair goals are, and why you chose them? Inquiring minds would like to know :p

For example, if your hair goal is to reach waist length, what is it about waist length that you like/think you'll like? Or if you're growing out dye, what made you decide to do so?

My intermediate goal right now is to reach classic length. Classic length seems to be a very aesthetically pleasing length, judging by all the lovely photos on this forum and by the few CL beauties that I've seen in real life.

However, I love braids, so my ultimate goal is to have a classic-length braid, which I figure would require fingertip length at least...I will also probably need to have an intermediate goal of maintaining to thicken my ends before reaching FT, because if I don't, my family will probably bug me to cut it :eek:

So, how about you? Please be as concise or as wordy as you would like. Waiting eagerly for responses! :)

Current goal is to thicken up my fairytale ends. With any luck, that should be accomplished in 3 years or so.

My fantasy goal, as I call it, is to have knee length hair. However, I don't know if that will actually come to fruition because I'm not sure if my schlerodermic pinkie fingers will impede holding the brush correctly or the ability to braid my hair. They are bending inward ever so slowly at the topmost joint so I don't know how that will impact my haircare abilities.

As matters stand now, it is becoming something of a problem to keep the bottom strands separate when I lace crown braid my hair. I'm out of arms to detangle my braid ends with my current length, so manage to shake out the ends to keep them separate when lace crown braiding. Pretty soon, however, that isn't going to work. As I love to braid, I'm going to find a way to get around that problem. Of course I could just create a "Juyla Tchmenchenko" crown braid...but it wouldn't look half as good as my lace crown braid does now. (I also get a lovely little "pouf" in the front" with the latter, which I really like).

Knee length has always been my idea of "dream" hair...fueled by repeated viewings of Anita Louise in the fantasy dream sequence in Shirley Temple's film "The Little Princess". Totally awesome!!!

BambooBeauty
August 16th, 2012, 09:19 PM
my goal is hip because it looks sooo beautiful

battles
August 16th, 2012, 09:22 PM
My current goal is waist length. I'd like to grow to waist and then trim my henna out.

Overall goal, I'd really love a classic length braid.

SongofLove
August 16th, 2012, 09:28 PM

Mmm, sounds very nice! :)

My secondary goal is waist length. I want to wear it down a lot, so I don't see myself going longer than waist. But we'll see. The last time I had long hair, my terminal length was waist, but my hair was also parched and not well taken care of.

Yeah, waist length is a good length for wearing the hair down frequently; at least it was for me. How long did you wait for it to grow at waist 'til you decided it was terminal for you at the time? I'm curious because I don't know how one finds terminal length.

CurlyCap
August 16th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I want to be waist-length curly, unlayered, with a nice thick hemline.

When I get there, I'll think about anything longer, but I know that with my hair type, my hair will be past classic stretched, and that's a LOT of hair to deal with. If I enjoy it, I'll keep growing. If not, I'll maintain.

vanillabones
August 16th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Hip-TB for me! Butt crack length would be my goal, around the belt area I'd like it to fall. I don't know if my hair will grow this long or if it will look good. I want it 100% virgin and no layers and probably a very soft U. Virgin hair gives me the best chance of growing it long and will keep it the healthiest, I don't HATE my color anymore and I can say it is all mine once I get there. I have a little bit of bleach left but the colors all match perfectly since it's been so long since dying but I can feel the texture difference for sure.

I wouldn't want super long hair, my hair is thin so it shouldn't be too heavy. I want loooong hair but would never want it past classic, I doubt I'll ever grow to classic but I wouldn't mind that either. My hair is a huge goal in my life :( Long healthy hair - harder to get than I realized from all the years of fighting it!

SongofLove
August 16th, 2012, 09:50 PM
My current goal is to grow out my dye and gradually make my way to Classic length while slowly trimming away damage.

Eventually, years down the line, I want to have 100% virgin hair that is classic length or longer without any layers. :)

Well, from the photos on your goal thread, looks like you are making great progress!

Your hair grows pretty fast, I think I remember you saying, right? I admire your quick-growing and strong hair. And you're quite young, so you will have many years of lovely long hair :)

hybrise
August 16th, 2012, 10:08 PM
My current goal is waist length henna'd hair. I haven't decided to grow my layers out, and I'm going to get them trimmed this coming week just to get all the damage from screwing around with horrible products out. (I should never have strayed from what I know works!)

I just love shiny, silky hair and I love the feeling of my hair slipping against my skin and falling forward when I bend over. It makes me feel feminine and beautiful. So that's why waist length. Long enough to accomplish that, but not long enough that I sit on it.

I also wanted red hair since I was little so I henna'd my hair and plan to continue doing so. I was always shy and liked to fade into the background. That's a lot harder with red hair and I discovered that not only did I love the color, I also love the reactions I get.

Hollyfire3
August 16th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Current: make it to solid BSL and then to WL with decent ends and grow out most of the damage

Ultimate: Get to CL, grow out ALL heat damage, have a completly blunt hemline with one long layer in my hair, stop unnessecary breakage (due to the old heat damage), control frizz, eventually grown past CL if possible. Oh, and have hair as perfect as Holly Marie Combs, even if its not as straight as hers.:)

Hollyfire3
August 16th, 2012, 10:17 PM
My current goal is waist length. I'd like to grow to waist and then trim my henna out.

A classic length braid sounds perfect....(drools on keyboard), mine would be a weapon!;)

earthnut
August 16th, 2012, 10:44 PM
How long did you wait for it to grow at waist 'til you decided it was terminal for you at the time? I'm curious because I don't know how one finds terminal length.

I stopped cutting my hair in middle school, and my next cut was as a sophomore in college. So about 6 years. For at least half that time, it was waist length. (my hair was in full-on neglect mode during this period so I don't have exact times) I'd say after 3 years of no more length, that's terminal. ;)

Perididdle
August 16th, 2012, 10:51 PM
My current goal is BSL or mid-back.

I had hair down to the lower small of my back as a kid. I loved it, but I got bored of it, and chopped it off to my chin (my dad still has the ponytail -- a little weird? Sure, but he took care of my hair for yeaaaars and helped it get to that length). Since then, I kept it mostly between chin and shoulder, except in periods of pure neglect. When I got to college, I realized how gross and damaged my hair was, a revelation fueled by half a decade of super hot flat irons every day, no care for what S&C I used, and two chemical dyes a day apart. My hair was like hay! So, I revolutionized my haircare process, but kept cutting.

In March I got my normal cut up to my chin/shoulder. Left happy, and thennnn two weeks later I thought, "Man, my hair is starting to feel nice. I'd love it at BSL..." And here we are. :D My hair is thiiiick, and eats up length in no time. I need BSL, MINIMUM, just to pretend to consider most braids, buns, or other up-dos. I'm excited to get to play with it. I also would just love to be able to play with hair that long and other such things. My dad is also excited. =P

Oh, and I choose mid-back as my stopping point because my hair is too randomly curly/frizzy/staticy for me to feel comfortable with longer. Just thinking about it makes me want to wipe stray hairs from my face!

starry
August 16th, 2012, 10:52 PM

-Im growing to terminal. Im growing out about a year's worth of dyed black hair. -

Im growing my hair generally as something to do for myself- its my hobby.
my hair gets lots of shrinkage so the longer it is- it still looks short! so thats a reason why I want to grow it so long.

Im going virgin as my hair colour is pretty and its healthier than the dyed parts.
I plan to trim once it hits my boobs- and trim it off slowly over a year.

aisha.christine
August 16th, 2012, 10:55 PM
My ultimate goal is virgin tailbone. I just like the way tailbone length hair looks with layers. :p
My current goal is to make it to waist and cut out all the henna/henndigo. It is going to take forever. :disbelief

domisimone
August 16th, 2012, 10:56 PM
My goal is anywhere from hip to classic, because that would be around waist with shrinkage.

jeanniet
August 16th, 2012, 10:58 PM
My end goal is classic, which I expect to reach by next summer. I'd love to have a TBL braid, but realistically my braid shortens up so much I don't think I'll get that far--I'd have to be mid-thigh at least. If I can have a healthy hemline at classic, I'll be pretty happy.

catamonica
August 16th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I would love for my hair to grow to about classic. Just long enough to sit on. I've never had it that long. I've always loved long hair. I wear it up most of the time. So its pretty healthy. At
hip it doesn't feel that long. So just have to wait & see, how long it will grow.

salamander
August 16th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Tailbone, with thick ends and an even hem, because that's how long Princess Leia's hair turned out to be when she took it down in Return of The Jedi. What can I say, it had a big impact on me as a kid.

Carrie Fisher's shorter and less curly than me though, so clearly I am at a disadvantage and that's why it takes so much work. Either that or she had some very specific applications for the Force.

SongofLove
August 16th, 2012, 11:56 PM
My goal length is classic in a gentle U hemline, for a tailbone length braid. I have really short T-rex arms, even for being five feet tall; anything beyond classic might overwhelm me... and kill my already arthritic fingers.

Ooh, sounds like a very nice goal :) Haha, I love the T-rex!!

..not to mention if I have a past-the-butt braid, and I wake up in the morning for wake-up bathroom time (I'm not human until 11am) I'll get morning toilet-water hair. And that's just gross.

Oh man, I'm totally afraid of this too...

SongofLove
August 17th, 2012, 12:01 AM
I chose Classic length as my goal for several reasons....

Wow, I very much enjoyed reading your list of reasons---all very sensible. I agree very much with the second one---I love seeing CL on others.

I plan to try growing beyond classic for a bit and see how I like it, but if not being able to directly reach the ends of my hair bothers me, I'll trim and maintain at classic.

Yeah---right now, it seems that having hair longer than my arms would feel weird...but who knows? :p

BTW I really love your siggy pic---your hair is gorgeous!

Silverbrumby
August 17th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Find a routine that works

Find a length where my hair looks best

BlazingHeart
August 17th, 2012, 12:55 AM
I'm growing my hair because I'm curious about just how long it will grow. At BCL, I still have about 75% of my pony circ (measured up against my head, like normal), so I suspect my terminal length would be very long indeed.

I may give up on finding out how long it'll go if I hit knee-length; it may just get to be too much for me to manage. Pity I can't just have someone else do all the maintenance for me - it's mostly the washing and air-drying, because my hair is SO heavy when it's soaked.

I also, along the way, want to get better at doing different styles. My hair, at this length, is FINALLY capable of a relatively stable cinnabun held with a fork (it wouldn't stay up long before, and often gave me headaches). I'm hopeful that I'll grow into more styles, which is kind of exciting to look forward to.

~Blaze

SongofLove
August 17th, 2012, 12:58 AM
My goal is to find the length best suited to me, which should be somewhere around tailbone, I imagine. So I'm growing out to tailbone and then seeing if I should go longer. :) I also want my natural hair to grow out, I miss my waves. :)

Sounds like a sensible plan! :) And I love the look of wavy/wurly hair---so beautiful!

However, I have only been her (or lurking) for a few weeks and my goal has changed from BSL to MBL to waist. :)

Haha, I think that happens quite often...Goal length keeps getting longer and longer. That's the danger of LHC :D

SongofLove
August 17th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Current goal is to thicken up my fairytale ends. With any luck, that should be accomplished in 3 years or so.

My fantasy goal, as I call it, is to have knee length hair. However, I don't know if that will actually come to fruition because I'm not sure if my schlerodermic pinkie fingers will impede holding the brush correctly or the ability to braid my hair. They are bending inward ever so slowly at the topmost joint so I don't know how that will impact my haircare abilities.

As matters stand now, it is becoming something of a problem to keep the bottom strands separate when I lace crown braid my hair. I'm out of arms to detangle my braid ends with my current length, so manage to shake out the ends to keep them separate when lace crown braiding. Pretty soon, however, that isn't going to work. As I love to braid, I'm going to find a way to get around that problem. Of course I could just create a "Juyla Tchmenchenko" crown braid...but it wouldn't look half as good as my lace crown braid does now. (I also get a lovely little "pouf" in the front" with the latter, which I really like).

Knee length has always been my idea of "dream" hair...fueled by repeated viewings of Anita Louise in the fantasy dream sequence in Shirley Temple's film "The Little Princess". Totally awesome!!!

"Fantasy" and "dream" are apt words to describe knee length! Before LHC I thought that surely knee length would be too long, that it would look strange. But then I saw Cinnamon Hair's lovely knee-length locks and realized that it's truly a wonderful length :cloud9:
Hmm, I have not seen "The Little Princess". I will go check it out; if it captured your imagination I'm sure it is a great film.

I'm sorry to hear that you have schleroderma (I have to admit that I'd not heard of it before and had to look it up :o)...I hope that your fingers will be okay and that you will be able to continue your impressive braiding feats :)

SongofLove
August 17th, 2012, 07:41 AM
my goal is hip because it looks sooo beautiful

I agree! Hip is a lovely length! :)

Curious---why do you want to trim the henna out? Don't like the color, or some other reason? I would like to know because I'm thinking of doing henna and I'm not sure if I will like it.

I want to be waist-length curly, unlayered, with a nice thick hemline.

When I get there, I'll think about anything longer, but I know that with my hair type, my hair will be past classic stretched, and that's a LOT of hair to deal with. If I enjoy it, I'll keep growing. If not, I'll maintain.

Cool! My roommmate has waist-length curly hair, and it looks so voluminous and beautiful!

kaydana
August 17th, 2012, 08:07 AM
My current goal is hip length. If it's not all been trimmed off by then, I'll maintain at hip until the damage/bleach on the ends is gone.

Having seen all the beautiful long hair on here, I'm not sure that I'll be satisfied with hip, so once the ends are nice I'll probably end up growing it until it stops or reaches a length that no longer seems manageable.

mrs_coffee
August 17th, 2012, 08:15 AM
My current goal is waist length. After that I will see how I feel. I chose waist because I've never had hair longer than shoulder length, and waist seems like a nice manageable length for someone like me. I also want to be able to master a lot of the cool up-dos I see around here, and waist length seems like the shortest length at which most most of those are possible.

Demi-Plum
August 17th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I want classic length. I would also like a nice hem line. Fairy Tale ends can be pretty, but my mother has drilled into my head that they make hair look unkept and unwell. I don't have thick hair so I can't expect a thick hem line, but I can keep it looking nice.

I've always wanted long hair ever since I was a child.

kittykat86
August 17th, 2012, 09:01 AM
My next goal is Waist length. Only 3 more inches! Once there, I will probably maintain and trim out my layers for a nice, thick hem line. Then ultimatly, I want to see what my term length is. I was never allowed to have long hair as a child, so DH says that I am now reliving my childhood with my long hair.

jacqueline101
August 17th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Mine is to reach midback according the chart I found. It has midback under the bust area bottom bra strap, grow out my layers, and highlights. Ultimate goal is tailbone with my v hemline and a decent thick hem line.

millyaulait
August 17th, 2012, 09:14 AM
For me I want soft, shiny, WL hair.

I'm working on the softness (CO washing), shine (Vinegar rinses), and length (growing! :D).

I'll maintain & micro-trim at waist to get rid of any weird dry ends that seem to plague my hair.

florenonite
August 17th, 2012, 10:29 AM
My short-term goal is to work out a routine and make my hair behave.

My long-term goal is to grow to waist length.

Vampyria
August 17th, 2012, 11:04 AM
My goal is waist length with healthy virgin hair and the thickness I had, before the big shed and before I started torturing my hair.
And also to find a routine that would enhance my waves, because I really like them plus smooth, straight hair doesn't suit my face.

I chose waist, because I think it would be more manageable for me than longer hair, but it still looks pretty long. And I think, I wouldn't loose to much volume near the roots with that length. I find it really beautiful also.

I started growing out dye, because I was fed up with the unnatural looking red that I had, and I also wanted to reduce damage.

I'm almost done with the thickness increase though, I just have to maintain it. The dye is almost all gone too.

long&blonde
August 17th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Currently waist, with new revised goal of tailbone.
I was down to bcl length till a trim to allmost waist 5-2012.
At that time my goal was classic.
After the trim, I so missed the inchs lost for a few days.
Now appreciating the healthier ends.
I have a tattoo of roses(how original, right)? On my back at waistline.
I like the way it peeks out of my 2-c waves.
I'm constantly coming up with "my next tattoo ideas" for script or add on to the back roses at waist.
My most recent idea; script reading "Don't fight destiny, Dance with it."
I'm thinking waist tattoos would be highlighted nicely by tb hair, fairytale ends or V hemline,
While my past goal of classic I think would overwhelm them.
Ha ha, as we all know so well:
Ask me my goal again at tailbone. :)

Amygirl8
August 17th, 2012, 11:12 AM
My short-term goal is to have healthy BCL length hair, which is still going to take a while :rolleyes:

My long term goal is to have healthy TB silver hair. But that's not until I turn like 55, haha.
I want silver hair so badly.

NataschaB.
August 17th, 2012, 11:18 AM
My goal is healthy, pretty midback or maybe waistlength hair. You can do so many beautiful updos with hair as long as that :)

Oh, oh - and get rid of those annoying layers!

elousays
August 17th, 2012, 11:32 AM
My short-term goal is to hair mid-back length hair without any layers.

My ultimate goal is to have tailbone 100% virgin and layer free hair!!

MissCoco
August 17th, 2012, 12:34 PM
My short-term goal is to have curly hip length hair for the first time in my life :happydance:

My very far-off long-term goal is to have virgin, layer-free, curly, classic length hair! :D

Mayflower
August 17th, 2012, 12:38 PM
My short-term goal is to have hip length hair.

My long-term goal is to grow out all of my henndigoed hair, and have my natural colour back that I could lighten a bit with lemon juice/honey/camomile tea rinses. I want a thick, blunt hemline with a few very long layers around the face.

sparrowswing
August 17th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Wow, I very much enjoyed reading your list of reasons---all very sensible. I agree very much with the second one---I love seeing CL on others.

Yeah---right now, it seems that having hair longer than my arms would feel weird...but who knows? :p

BTW I really love your siggy pic---your hair is gorgeous!
Thank you! I try to keep things as practical as possible when setting goals like this. I have noticed, though, that at tailbone length I'm already starting to alter the way I deal with my hair, both consciously and unconsciously, during day-to-day activities.

Like pulling it over my shoulder in the bathroom, lifting up the ends or laying them across my thigh to brush them more easily, tying it in a knot to keep it out of the way. I have a feeling that once I reach classic, it won't be as big a deal as I've been imagining to keep growing it out.

I've been trying to keep on top of these monthly photos to have a constantly updated visual representation of my progress. It really helps keep me motivated. And I love seeing the different textures between just natural, the frizz after double braids, normal braid waves, and then bun waves.

owlathena
August 17th, 2012, 12:59 PM
My short-term goal is to reach 34in by the end of the year, but my ultimate goal is classic.

Loreley
August 17th, 2012, 01:04 PM
My current goal is to continue maintaining my length between 49-50" till January or March. Then I would like to start growing again. My long-term goal is to have knee length virgin hair with ends as thick as possible.

AgnesONutter
August 17th, 2012, 01:08 PM
My goal is to thicken up my hemline and try to get more thickness overall in my hair, which means starting to do monthly trimmings and going back to detangling with a comb before brushing panacea salve through the lengths. Also, washing more frequently so that my seborrhoea keeps in check.

johani
August 17th, 2012, 01:33 PM
My goal is to have hair inbetween hip and tailbone :D Right now it's around 30 inches and I think I'd be really happy with about 2 or 3 inches more :D Hopefullly that won't take too long. I think having tailbone hair would be too long for me. I really like the way Valeria Sokolova's hair look, it's just amazing :D Having hair like that is my goal :)

When I've got the length I want I'm going to get it trimmed every month to thicken up the hemline, I've been working on growing out my layers for years, only have about 2 inches or so left until my hair is the same length everywhere! Except my fringe, it ends just under my chin :)

battles
August 17th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Curious---why do you want to trim the henna out? Don't like the color, or some other reason? I would like to know because I'm thinking of doing henna and I'm not sure if I will like it.

I'm a bit impulsive. :p I loved the color at first, but as time went by I just realized it didn't suit me at all. It also removed most of the wave from my hair, and I'm far too lazy to keep up with roots or care enough to spend money on henna all the time.

I try to stick to low maintenance with my hair, so henna was not my most brilliant idea.

For the plus side, it made my hair the silkiest and shiniest it has ever been. I do miss that.

BunnyKitten
August 17th, 2012, 01:57 PM
My current goal is to achieve healthy, undamaged ends, but without sacrificing a lot of length all at once. I'm just maintaining my length (APL) with regular small trims. My reason is that I just want to have a nice "clean slate" of healthy hair once I actually start growing.

My long-term goal is pretty much undecided. I know that I want to be at least waist length, and classic is my favorite length in general... but honestly I just don't know what I want at this point. It all seems so distant.

Proximity
August 17th, 2012, 02:06 PM
My goal is to have hip length with a thick hem. It might take me another couple of years to get there but it will be worth it.

My reasons for growing long are because I was sick of having short hair that didn't seem to grow (because I kept getting salon trims every 4 months!); because I discovered LHC and wanted to have lovely long hair that I could learn to do complicated buns with :) and because I realised that when my hair goes grey I want to have long grey hair and not get the old lady cut.

Chimom79
August 17th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I think my goal length would be about 38 inches. Perhaps 40. Long hair tends to run in my moms side of the family and I just love it. I've had mine quite long but never that long and I would really like it, at least for a while. I want healthy hair too, as healthy as possible. My main reason all this started though was my mom. She just loves my hair and has just begged me to let it see how long it would get, so I agreed. The more it grows and gets healthier, the more I'm loving it!

BelleLoupGarou
August 17th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Well, Im brand spankin' new at this whole hair care thing and thanks to LHC Im thoroughly ashamed of my hair! Actually thats not entirely true. Being ashamed of my hair LED me to LHC...to answer your question...my goal is waist length as a starting point(I may go longer), with thicker ends. Right now my hair is severly damaged and dyed heavily and layered, Im talking crazy layers starting at my ears. Yeah, its as bad as it sounds. My plan is to grow out the hair dye, blending it slowy with lighter non permanent dye to closer match my natural hair color as it gets longer. Thats just to keep my hair looking aesthetically pleasing so I dont look like I dont take care of myself. Also, since my ends are damaged I plan to micro trim and oil heavily at night and before washes, also including S&D trims. I plan on reducing the amount of shampoo I use by slowly removing it from my beauty regimine. I will do this by mixing conditioner and shampoo, slowly reducing the amount of shampoo weekly so that Im eventually only co washing. No heat!! If I have a special occasion I may use a flat iron on the lowest setting in order to look presentable, but Im a stay at home mom so I dont have tons of places to go too often that require lots of primping(so the heat maybe once every six months). Finally, Im taking a daily prenatal vitamin that I had leftover from my pregnancy. All of this is a major change from me dying my hair monthly and flat ironing and blowing drying and washing daily. My hair was so dry and brittle even my husband, who never notices my hair, was commenting on how dry it looked and felt. This sunday when I go grocery shopping Im going to stock up on a large jug of ACV and do my rinses when I wash in the tub. Some major postives about the EVOO and the vitamins is my normally dry oilly face that breaks out constantly with huge nasty bumps is crystal clear. Its great!! The reason I want waist length hair is that Im a larger girl(size 17) with a small waist. My shape is hour glass with a large rear end and top heavy, lol, thats the most pc way I could think of saying it. I have always thought that women with larger frames look better with long waist length hair. it covers and distracts! I also, several years ago, had clip in extensions that reached my mbl and I looked much thinner! I also got tons of attention from the long hair extensions and it really boosted my self esteem.

Winnie!
August 17th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I've been dreaming of waist length hair fora while now. I have never had long hair and I truly want to experience it at least once. This is the reason I won't cut my hair off in desperation over the heat damage. I'm trying to baby it and hopefully keep it halfway decent. A really good reason why? I don't know. I just think long hair is gorgeous, and for me, waist length is the beginning of long hair and I don't think I could handle any longer. In fact, it is taking quite some adjusting already. :p

TeaEarlGreyHot
August 17th, 2012, 08:02 PM
I've always, always wanted long hair. My mom would never let me grow it past my shoulders before she made me cut it again. She had waist length hair that her mom took care of until she was in the 3rd grade and then it has been in a pixie ever since (she's in her mid 50s now!).

My goal is to have it no shorter than waist length. I'm VERY long torso-ed but BSL and WL are only about 2" apart for me. My current plan is to grow until WL (another 3-4" I would guess) and then maintain until my layers have grown out a little. I'll keep growing until I find a length where the updos are versatile enough for me. I'd love to be able to do braid buns and would do them everyday. Not sure what that length would be (classic?) but I'll know it when I get there ;)

SerinaDaith
August 17th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Sorry I somehow triple posted.

SerinaDaith
August 17th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Challenge accepted...
My goals are many, I just reached shoulder! Yay me, next goal will be APL, then BSL, then on to uncharted territory, waist. I have about 11 inches of perminant dye and bleach damage but after my last chop of layers no splits yet. That means I have four inches of virgin hair which will eventually be all of my hair. I am debating if waist will be where I start maintaining to get the dye out or if I will just let it keep growing with micro trims and s&d eventually all that black will be gone no matter what right? I started here with 13 inches and now I have stalled at 15 so I guess really I will just be along for the ride.
Life is a journey not a destination.

SerinaDaith
August 17th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Oops stupid. Net was not showing my post.

JesusFreak88
August 17th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I just hit what my goal was, finger-tip. I am now trying to decide if I want to go to knee, stall at finger-tip to thicken my hem-line before heading to knee, or if I just want to stay at finger-tip. I do know that I want to thicken my hem at some point.

4C4rly4
August 17th, 2012, 09:15 PM
My goal for the end of this year is to reach waist length hair. My ultimate goal is Classic, and who knows, maybe even longer. :]

RedheadMistress
August 17th, 2012, 09:50 PM
- My goal is to grow my hair down to my bottom and as of now not dye it anymore since I haven't had my natural colour Or even that long hair since I was 13-14 and it would be cool to experience again !

rock007junkie
August 17th, 2012, 10:46 PM
My ultimate, ultimate goal is to have tailbone length NATURAL hair. My hair is currently at waist but the bottom 10 inches or so still have relaxer on it. I've been transitioning for about 2 years. I've had a lot of growth but I constantly find myself debating wether to keep growing and trim later or to trim at regular periods to slowly get rid of the relaxed ends.

neko_kawaii
August 17th, 2012, 11:23 PM
My goal is terminal. I've done bobs and pixies, shaved, bleached and dyed. I want to try something different.

Silverbrumby
August 18th, 2012, 12:04 AM
My ultimate goal is to have my hair as long as it will go but looking good. I don't care if that's BSL or even APL. Just looks good.

Avital88
August 18th, 2012, 12:18 AM
My goal for now is to grow to classic length and grow out dye.
Due to a 5inch haircut i had in May i am still at the same length as last summer(barely tailbone),only with a straighter hemline but thinner because of a shed..
The reason i want classiclength is because i have never had it longer than 39.5 inches .Tailbone on me is 43 inches.And at classic length i can wear it curly but it will still be around my hipbones and look long
It is growing really quick at the moment but i also feel it is breaking at the ends so im not sure if im making any real progress here as i decided to not bother too much and just leave it until 2013

continuum88
August 18th, 2012, 12:24 AM
I really just want to get to BSL, shoulder length at the moment after cutting few inches of damage off eight months ago. My hair's never really been longer than collarbone i think so just want to see if i can grow long hair. The longer it gets the more it curls up and seems to always look the same length so it's gonna take a lot more time to get to where i want it:/

Juanita
August 18th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Terminal vigin gray/silver hair. Got rid of the dye and breakage so downwards from now on. Took me almost 5 years to grow out all the dye as I didn't wont to lose length. Wish it was thicker but it's fine and thin so well work with that.

minxe
August 18th, 2012, 03:48 AM
I think right now my main goal is to slowly microtrim allll of the heat damage away and have a slight U-hemline.

From there I'll see about getting my chin length bangs blended in to the rest of my hair, maybe with a long layer or two.

My next goal will be to grow to MBL length, and then ultimately, virgin waist length. I might decide to grow it longer though, who knows! :p

My goals are purely based on my own aesthetics, by the way.

Amanah
August 18th, 2012, 04:03 AM
My goal is to slowly trim the dye off and embrace virgin salt & pepper hair.

I'd love to have TB length hair with fairytale ends, but will maintain my hair at whatever length I feel it looks most attractive once it starts growing longer.

Because it is on the thin side, it may not look good longer then BSL.

Lissandria
August 18th, 2012, 05:29 AM
My mini goal at the moment is to get to between 24-25" with healthy ends and and reasonable hemline. My hair has been this long but never so I was satisfied with the condition/hemline. My ultimate goal is waist :)

WaitingSoLong
August 18th, 2012, 05:42 AM
My goal now is virgin hip length hair. I am currently at Classic with about 26" of not-virgin hair and 10" of "roots" (virgin).

I have a mini-goal of FTL but that is just because I am bored waiting for my virgin hair to grow out. I have no real length goal at this time as I have already passed what I feel is a comfortable length on me and since I cannot make up my mind what to do, I am just waiting until my virgin hair is long enough to cut back. It's not there yet but getting tempting. However, I am too chicken to cut yet.

I have natural hair with sun-in highlights from 2 years ago (summer 2010). I liked the sun-in color, but I didn't like the upkeep and the inconsistent results I got with it and plus, the lighter color did not look right with my complexion (looks great on other people...sigh). I have brown eyes and dark eyebrows so I looked like a fake blonde gone wrong, and at my age it was just not flattering (to me). Also, I have adapted a lot of minimalist ideals since then and not having color upkeep on my hair appealed to that.

I cannot say I have huge damage from the sun-in but the thickness on my hair (the circumference of my ponytail) is definitely thicker in the virgin hair than the bleached parts (by 1/2". Not ALL of my hair has sun-in in it, it was just "highlights").

Currently, I have healthier hair, no splits and no current plans to trim. I have no desire to even my hemline anymore since I rarely wear my hair down and since there are no splits to trim, why bother? It has been 10 months since my last trim/cut (3").

My original goal was TBL. I called it waist before I found TLHC and learned that where my pants waist is and where MY waist is are two different things. I was already at waist when I found this place. I hit TBL and had damaged ends so added healthy hair to my goal. I worked on those. I trimmed them off last fall and they have been fine ever since. I slowly stopped using heat, hairspray and found the oils I liked and got my hair as healthy as I think it can be with the sun-in in it.

Lunadriael
August 18th, 2012, 04:47 PM
My current hair goal is to get to a solid waist length, hopefully with reasonable looking ends. I am also trying to slowly grow out my layers. I get a lot of splits as my hair is very fragile, so I've trimmed quite a bit recently. I am somewhere around BSL-mid-back at the moment and I am quite short, so it shouldn't take too long to get there, but my hair has never been longer than this before (I have always cut it off), so I have no idea if it can even reach that length. So far is still appears to be growing though. I am hopeful :)

I don't know if I have the ability to get there, but ultimately I would like to have classic length, or possibly even longer hair. As for the why, I guess I am just vain. I think longer hair is more beautiful and a lot of men seem to prefer it. It's a very feminine thing to have. Hair long enough to really swish.

Plus it's not so common today, as people don't have the patience it takes to reach those lengths. My natural hair colour is pretty bland (imo), so having longer hair would be a way to make it special without dye. I think in the long term I might try and grow out the henndigo as well, because it's blending quite well with my roots at the moment and my bf seems to be allergic to it. Also orange roots from henna really don't suit my complexion at all.

So those are my goals and reasons for them. ^-^

dwell_in_safety
August 18th, 2012, 04:51 PM
For now, my ultimate goal is to grow to tailbone length with my hair completely virgin and in good condition. At nearly MBL, my ends are starting to fairytale, but I know that that is likely due to only trimming every three months and not quite keeping pace with my racer hairs, 'cause I want to gain length right now as my first priority. I'm going to maintain at waist and trim off my dyed hair, and I suspect I will have quite a full hemline by the time it's all gone.

Ultimately, my goal may change. I can never see myself having knee-length hair, but my goal used to be waist, so who knows. I just can't stop thinking about how many beautiful styles I could do with even MORE hair. :p

gillybeanxo3921
August 18th, 2012, 04:54 PM
My ultimate goal (right now) is waist.

I think waist hair is beautiful, and that it flows in all the right places. The way I see it, it's regal and elegant.

I think once I reach waist I may decided I want to grow further, though :D

P.S. I just wanted to announce this is my one hundredth post :D :D

rtree721
August 18th, 2012, 06:38 PM
My goal was to continue growing from midback to see what it looks like. But after reading other people's goals, I'm wondering if maybe I should thicken my hemline before I try to gain length.

lapushka
August 18th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I'm past hip now, and trying for classic because that's the length I had as a young teen and that was the longest it's ever been. I do fear classic length is going to be a little too long for me. Waist and hip have been pretty good lengths so far. So we'll see...

AutumnLocks
August 18th, 2012, 07:37 PM
The longest mine has ever been was to the middle of my hips. I'd like to see if I can go to knee length. Just to see if I can do that. Showed DH a vintage pic of a lady who's hair was to the floor and dragging about 8 inches. I said "How would you like to see my hair that long?" His response was "I don't think you need it that long!" I really don't think I'd want it that long either. Just way too many chances for it to get caught and pulled at that length. It is interesting tho to see those ladies with such long gorgeous hair.

HappyHair87
August 18th, 2012, 11:08 PM
I have just hit BSL. My goal is to grow back to WL stretched. After i get there i plan on thickening my ends and then grow to Hip. I love WL hair on me. It makes me feel feminine, flatters my figure and keeps my neck warm in the winter:) Plus....i love to try different hair toys!

Alva
August 19th, 2012, 04:36 AM
My final goal is somewhere around thigh-fingertip. I have a bunch of inbetween goals and never got further than TB, because of drastic chop. I also have no clue how it will feel or if I can live with it that long. But I wanna try. Reason I choose that length is because I find it one of most flattering lengths and because it is rather unique to have such a length. Oh and because then my buns will be big! :D

palaeoqueen
August 19th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Immediate goal: APL.
Intermediate goal (also minimum I would like): BSL.
Ultimate goal: Waist? I've never even been at APL before so it's hard at this point to gauge where I want to end up. I know I'd be disappointed with anything less than BSL though.

In addition to this I'm growing out colour and damage. At the moment length is more important to me though so I'm just slowly microtrimming and it'll be a while (years) before I have completely virgin hair. I will probably stop growing and just maintain at some point to get rid of the colour more quickly, it's hard to say when this will be though, it's definitely not long enough yet though!

Ambystoma
August 19th, 2012, 08:06 AM
My goal is Classic since I love how flattering that length is to a woman's shape :eyebrows:

I want it to be at that length with big loose sock curls or waves though, so I've tacked on a few inches to account for shrinkage. I want a medium to deep U shape (again, since it follows the body) and looks natural and soft yet still thick on hair with my type and thickness judging from photos I've seen.

I'll have to trim off around 4 inches to get the hemline the way I want it, so in reality I need to make another 22" of the stuff :laugh:

frogs
August 19th, 2012, 09:33 AM
My immediate goal is APL, then later on BSL, but i also want my hair to be thick and frizz-free and i want a blunt hemline... this might take a while. My ultimate goal would be waist, because i dont think i would look too good in hair that is longer than that... weŽll see. IŽll probably change my mind along the way and go for classic!

einna
August 19th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I just changed my lenght goal from midback to waist, mainly because I am so in love with the way long hair falls down my back, loose or in a braid. And I love big buns and I cannot lie ;). I need more hair to get the full effect. Currently my hair is layered between APL and BSL.

Also I have spent way to much time on LHC, seeing all this beautiful hair.
I actually didn't think my long hair goal would change, but it did, probably because I have learned how to keep it contained different ways, for a more "grown up, professional" look, and for protection and managability. Also, I know how to care for my hair now, so I can have it long and healthy.

I also have a goal of virgin hair. I am in my third year of growing out dye now, and I am very close to my goal. I started growing out dye pre LHC, because my hair just kept getting shorter due to damage, and because my natural hair texture changed (got softer, more slippery and flatter). I wanted to see my "real" hair again. Now I take pride in having a natural, soft blonettte color. It is also nice to be able to avoid hairsalons, regular upkeep and the cost of dying or highlighting. When I spend money on hairtoys or products, I can do so without feeling guilty, becuase I spend so little on my hair in general.

My ultimate goal is virgin, all LHC-grown waist (??) lenght hair, probably with some layering (good ones after I have grown out the bad ones I have now) and face framing layers.

frogs
August 19th, 2012, 09:43 AM
einna: I gotta admit, i love (!!) big buns, too! They just look so fabulous. The one in your picture looks amazing!

pink.sara
August 19th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Ultimate goal is to be able to do buns with sticks.
I think that's somewhere between hip and classic on me (can't really remember as it's been over 3 years since the big chop), but I've put 36 inches as a final goal which is just past waist on me.

But yeah, bun length! :D

afu
August 19th, 2012, 10:34 AM
my aim is hip length (never know, that may change to tailbone but no longer as i don't want to sit on it!). I like that length because it's what feels 'long' to me without getting in the way too much when worn loose. I'd like to eventually trim off damage from heat and bleach, while continuing to highlight my roots using coconut oil to prevent damage.

thystle
August 19th, 2012, 10:50 AM
It's so interesting to read about everyone's goals and reasons! Waist seems to be a common length. :)

I've already reached my goal of getting my hair long enough to sit on again (classic) the way I could when I was 18 and first joined the USAF. Now I'm planning on healthy, thick, wurly knee, which I hope to achieve by my birthday in February.

I may decide to go longer, like mid-calf, if I can still take care of it--my joints are protesting as I type this--and that insistent picture of Crystal Gayle can just go away. Though now that I think about it, I am short, and floor length wouldn't be that much longer...

Nemo
August 19th, 2012, 10:51 AM
My ultimate goal is to have CL hair with no layers.I always wanted to grow out my hair to that length!:smile:

Dandelion6
August 19th, 2012, 10:59 AM
My current goal is waist. I have always dreamed of having waist length hair but never knew how to get there until I found this forum. Spent most of my life between shoulder and apl with a foray or two up to bob and as long as bsl. I now know for sure, that I am a long hair at heart and I am living the dream!

To me waist is such a beautiful length as it really highlights a woman's natural curves. I am always drawn to that length when I spot it on the street. It's just like, 'wow' that's what I want! BSL seems to be the beginning of what I consider long, but not until waist is it really, in my opinion, long.

I am currently about an inch and a half away from my goal. So here is hoping...waist by Christmas. Once I do hit waist I plan on staying there for a while to thicken up my U shape hemline. After that, I am pretty certain that I will want to move on to hip and ultimately tailbone:D

Mischamiu
August 19th, 2012, 05:33 PM
My ultimate goal is tailbone with my natural texture so classic while straightened, I like TB length because I think it suits everyone. I would also like it to be a couple tones lighter :inlove: and have no layers in the back, only in the front to frame my face

BrightEyes
August 19th, 2012, 05:54 PM
My current goal is to get past shoulder length. I have such a strong tendency to chop my hair once it reaches my shoulders. Lately, I've chopped to please my DH (who likes my hair short). So another goal is to focus on what I want instead of doing things to make others happy.

My ultimate goal is waist length. One day:D

Ambystoma
August 19th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I may decide to go longer, like mid-calf, if I can still take care of it--my joints are protesting as I type this--and that insistent picture of Crystal Gayle can just go away. Though now that I think about it, I am short, and floor length wouldn't be that much longer...

You mean, this kind of picture? :p

http://i.imgur.com/lt4m1l.jpg

Yeah, I know what you mean, I wanted to look just like her when I was a little girl. You know, from your sig it looks like you have very similar hair, and she's not very tall either so...

Haha, I feel like such an enabler :D.

MonicaJean
August 19th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I am at APL at the moment but a good solid BSL is my current goal. Now my ultimate goal though is to get somewhere around hip length. I have wanted long hair since I was a kid, but the longest I've ever been was waist, which was cut soon after I got there. I have a love of braids and really want a braid which is at least waist length.
Honestly, I've been seriously drooling over knee length hair lately, but for one, I have a feeling my hair won't grow that long, and two, I think it would make me look stumpy. :(

MrsGuther
August 19th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm wanting calf length hair eventually. We shall see how long my hair will grow though.

heyshortyhey
August 19th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Hip length, at least! And when it's curly, NOT pulled straight@! And because I am very short and petite with a round face. Longer hair makes me look a lot more like my 22 year old self.

momoftwo708
August 19th, 2012, 10:20 PM
My hair has always been long recently had tons of breakage from not keeping up with trims for a year and half so my wsl hair broke to bsl and just looked awful now I'm little about bsl about 2 inches I trimmed off 2 inches today , very glad I did my hair is way thicker now and looks normal not stringy :)
My current mini goal is bsl by the holidays and main goal is hip my hair always grew fast so I got my finger crossed for fast hair growth :)

Asprettyasme
August 19th, 2012, 10:46 PM
#error

#An error occurred.

sun-kissed
August 19th, 2012, 10:56 PM
My ultimate goal length is not defined by a body marker or certain amount of inches, rather I am just growing my hair until I decide it's long enough. Perhaps that'll be tailbone, or perhaps knee. What length "long enough" will be is still a mystery. It's just going to get longer until I deem it satisfactory. :D

Uhlizubeth
August 20th, 2012, 03:07 AM
My current goal is to grow my hair as to my elbows. I have never had it past mid back length and I'm not even sure if it's terminal. So I guess we'll find out right?
But if it can reach past elbow length...
I will grow it out to TB, my very favorite.

Ambystoma
August 20th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Asprettyasme, you said you are taking loads of vitamins. Please have a look at the daily upper amounts recommended for vitamin A especially, and make sure you're not getting too much since too much of it can actually cause hair loss!

I had this happen to me about 10 years ago while I was taking fish oil to help with acne, but I guess I was getting enough in my diet anyway and ended up shedding hair like it was my day job until I worked out what the problem was.

You might already know about it but I thought I'd mention it just in case :)

giovanna93
August 20th, 2012, 09:02 AM
My first goal is to grow to solid BSL by (hopefully) Christmas 2012 during which time I will microtrim to neaten the ends.

Then my ultimate goal would be to reach hip length by the end of next year or beginning of 2014. I've had some good growth lately so hopefully that keeps up but if not i'll just adjust the goals :) I'm really enjoying the process of growing my hair out.

einna
August 20th, 2012, 01:13 PM
einna: I gotta admit, i love (!!) big buns, too! They just look so fabulous. The one in your picture looks amazing!

Thank you! :D

gratitudinous
August 20th, 2012, 03:51 PM
My immediate goal is to get to waist length. I was close some months ago, but chopped to get rid of layers and some damage. It seems I've got a good 4-5" to go still, so I'm focusing on lots of deep treatments to make me feel happy.

My intermediate goal is classic length. I'm not so enamored with the way it will look, as how it will feel. A soft shimmering blanket of henna red to keep me warm! :D

After that... who knows?! :laugh: I'd love to rest my braid across my lap, so I might 'need' mid-thigh... but I'd also love to try for terminal just once.

Silver Swan
August 20th, 2012, 07:32 PM

I've just reached my current goal of waist. I have never had waist length hair before and was not sure if my hair could make it to this length and whether it would look good if it did. It also seemed like a pretty long length to me when I set this goal.

Now LHC has changed the way I think of what "long" is and I definately want to continue growing. I would really like to have my hair reach hip in the front (when pulled forward over my shoulder) but because of my curves that may mean I need tailbone to classic in the back.

I don't have an ultimate length at the moment; I'd like to try for as long as it will grow while looking nice and being manageable.

Another goal is to work on learning a larger repertoire of (gentle hairfriendly) styles as my range is pretty basic and boring at the moment.

gthlvrmx
August 20th, 2012, 07:33 PM
My goal is to let my hair grow as long as it wants and can grow :) but my rule is, if i DO ever cut it, never shorter than knee length. ultimate shortest length.
that is. if i get there :P who knows where terminal is and i cant wait to find out! im hoping its really really long but genetics happen.
im growing it out because i love long hair and it makes me feel more connected to a part of my roots and to nature. and i love long hair the feeling of it just is so perfect. it matches me i love it, its a good feeling to have long hair.

SongofLove
August 21st, 2012, 08:59 AM
Wow...Lots of replies...This is what I get for being away from LHC for a few days :D

Thought I'd be able to reply to each poster but I don't think I can do that. Thanks to all who have responded---it is fascinating to read about your hair goals and the reasons and little stories behind them.

AutumnLocks
August 21st, 2012, 01:05 PM
My goal for now is knee length. Ultimately I'd love to have it ankle length. Why? Did anyone ever see the painting called The Birth of Venus? She is riding out of the sea on a half of a seashell and she is using her hair to cover herself..sorta. To me that is the most beautiful woman ever. I'd love to look just like that. Or perhaps the Herbal Essence girl from the old Herbal Essence shampoo from the 70's....:oD

Sakuracha
August 21st, 2012, 05:06 PM
My ultimate hair goal is to the floor and beyond, we'll see how my hair feels about that. Until then I'm happy hitting the mini-milestones and progressing further. I want to go long because I just love extremely long hair.

PrettyFit
August 21st, 2012, 06:17 PM
My goal is waist length ... maybe tailbone. I picked that length because several women in my family wore their hair that long. My aunt's hair was waist length with curly 3b/c (don't know how long it would have been pulled straight). I like that length swept over the shoulder or in one fat braid. I want one of those braids of my very own!

My nearest goal is BSL. I've been stuck between APL and shoulder for the past year. I just started getting serious with my hair over the past months, which has resulted in APL with a thick hemline, which I feel equips me to grow beyond APL. Now I have finally decided to lay off the flat iron and try protective styling, I may finally get some progress.

My current obstacle is that my hair has been relaxed. I am currently going back and fourth about whether I should go back to my natural texture, or stick it out and grow while trying to nurture and "baby" my relaxed strands. It's been 8 weeks since my last relaxer and so far I am not tempted to get another or chop off the relaxer, but at some point, I will face that decision.

GrowingOut
August 21st, 2012, 06:35 PM
Current goal: Classic

Ultimate: Terminal or ankle, preferably ankle.

JoieBruce
August 21st, 2012, 08:25 PM
You mean, this kind of picture? :p

http://i.imgur.com/lt4m1l.jpg

Yeah, I know what you mean, I wanted to look just like her when I was a little girl. You know, from your sig it looks like you have very similar hair, and she's not very tall either so...

Haha, I feel like such an enabler :D.

I love this photo! I had it on my wall as a little girl for hair inspiration.

clairyfaire
October 15th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Right now my goal is to get all of my layers past waist. I want to be at least an inch or so beyond waist length by Easter.

My ultimate goal.... have hair like in Renaissance/Romantic paintings of Aphrodite. My personal favorite is Birth of Venus by Bouguereau. In the painting she has mid-thigh, titian red hair that has just the most perfect curls. Aaaah... maybe someday.

(If you look up the painting, it's an artistic nude, so be warned it could be considered NSFW. I don't know the forum's rules about what's appropriate so I don't want to post anything that breaks the rules!)

Jas
October 15th, 2017, 01:11 PM
My short term goal is BCL by the end of the year - I've been tracking my growth and I get 2cm per month, my hair chart says I should reach my goal 1st January 2018 xD

My ultimate goal is classic for the next year - BCL is the longest my hair has ever been so classic and healthy would be a dream for me :D As to why.. because I feel like even if my hair would grow no longer I would be happy with that length :D

Dark40
October 15th, 2017, 04:33 PM
My main goal is to grow out my hair to my ankles. I love ankle length hair! It is so beautiful I think. I used to have a girlfriend at my church that had ankle length hair, and since I do have thick hair I feel that I can achieve that length.

Dark40
October 15th, 2017, 04:36 PM
My goal is waist length ... maybe tailbone. I picked that length because several women in my family wore their hair that long. My aunt's hair was waist length with curly 3b/c (don't know how long it would have been pulled straight). I like that length swept over the shoulder or in one fat braid. I want one of those braids of my very own!

My nearest goal is BSL. I've been stuck between APL and shoulder for the past year. I just started getting serious with my hair over the past months, which has resulted in APL with a thick hemline, which I feel equips me to grow beyond APL. Now I have finally decided to lay off the flat iron and try protective styling, I may finally get some progress.

My current obstacle is that my hair has been relaxed. I am currently going back and fourth about whether I should go back to my natural texture, or stick it out and grow while trying to nurture and "baby" my relaxed strands. It's been 8 weeks since my last relaxer and so far I am not tempted to get another or chop off the relaxer, but at some point, I will face that decision.

Hey, I also get my hair relaxed too! I always love babying my relaxed hair! I also dye my hair with box dye as well, and my hair is WL! I don't ever have any split ends, and I only have to trim once a month. What I do is I cowash 2 or 3 times a week, and I shampoo twice a week. I also deep condition twice a week.

marvel-lover
October 15th, 2017, 06:55 PM
I think my goal is going to be hip+ hair (around TBL but not quite) and very thick and wavy. It's because I don't have any "wow" factors about myself. I'm tall for a woman (5'10") and I'm bigger in stature (can you say Amazon Woman) and that's about it. I'm not very "pretty" so it would be nice to have long, beautiful hair that I can be proud of and can be my "wow" factor, even if it's only for my own.

Angsthase
October 16th, 2017, 03:58 AM
My current goal is to achieve waist-length and then maintain it with either a blunt or slightly rounded cut. I've had it much longer in the past but was never happy with having fairytale ends. Perhaps once I reach that goal I'll see if I want it even longer. :)

valkyrie90
October 16th, 2017, 04:04 AM
My current goal is waist length and my ultimate goal is ... idk yet classic sounds great , if I ever get there loool

NightSister
October 16th, 2017, 06:21 AM
For now I would like to grow my hair back to the way it was in high school - all one length, blunt, hip. I plan on maintaining there until my bangs catch up. After that, I plan on terminal. It's an exercise in patience and appreciating the unknown. I like that.

lucid
October 16th, 2017, 06:30 AM
Healthy, all virgin TBL hair. It will probably take at least 4 years - below average growth rate and I'm tall as well. :p

Arciela
October 16th, 2017, 07:34 AM
My goal is to have all virgin hair again :) its currently tailbone and I am thinking about maintaining here until its all grown out. My virgin hair looks and feels so nice, is about to the top of my ears while the dyed part looks so damaged. I recently measured my pony tail circumference and its back to 6 inches ..motivation :flower:

Anyway, my hair grows rather fast so hopefully this will be over before I know it.

Stray_mind
October 16th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Well i want to grow my hair back to where it was before my big chop (around hip lenght) and my original goal was TBL, so i guess i'll go for it this time aswell.

hayheadsbird
October 16th, 2017, 12:01 PM
My current goal is waist length and my ultimate goal is ... idk yet classic sounds great , if I ever get there loool

I've not long hit waist, which was my first big goal. Ultimate goal atm is classic, then will reassess. Right now, hip. Think that's going to taken the best part of a year to get there!

AspenSong
October 16th, 2017, 01:07 PM
All I'm trying for at this point, is to see if I can get to at least ankle - possibly floor. :)

wo
October 16th, 2017, 03:06 PM
My big goal, which I am getting close to, is waist length curly hair. But I have no interest in self trimming on a regular basis to maintain it there, so I'll probably grow it past that until a point when I don't like it anymore, then cut back to waist and repeat. Maybe like a yearly cut back to waist.

hobbitlocks
October 16th, 2017, 03:09 PM
My current goal is tailbone, which I should get to sometime in the next couple months. When I started growing my hair I figured I would grow it until I didn't want to anymore, and when I signed up tailbone seemed long enough that I didn't think I'd want hair longer than that! But as I approach tailbone I don't think I'll stop there. I'll probably maintain at TB for a bit, let my ends thicken up and then keep growing until it annoys me :) So, ultimate goal unknown!

Emma Rose
October 16th, 2017, 05:32 PM
My current hair goals are to grow out my bleach and layers as well as to stop thinning out my hair. My ultimate goal for the time being is waist.

Corvana
October 16th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Current: Hit APL... Like... PLEASE CAN I BE THERE. I'm guessing I'll be able to do a disc bun by then, as that's about 2.5" more than where I'm at right now and that 2" or so would be enough to wrap around the base more than one time lol.

Ultimate: Being able to make nice sized double buns. My avatar's single bun is smaller than what I'd ideally like for each double bun. I think I'll need at least classic to have the buns I'm picturing, but I could be off by a mile lol. But since I'll know when I get the buns and not any certain length, I don't actually know any real concrete length goal. And I also don't know how well I'll like having such long hair, since I've not had it past waist in like 20 years (and waist was like 7 years ago).

spidermom
October 16th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Right now I want to add some length because my son made a hair stick for me, but my hair is too short to use it. I might be able to do something with it at about APL.

I don't know, though. I love the length it is right now (signature picture). It takes and holds a curl easily, plus it looks good naturally wavy or straightened. I don't want to give up styling it for length. I did the length thing for more than 10 years, and I'm sick of it.

Wreckinbelle
October 16th, 2017, 10:59 PM
To enjoy the heck out of it!

Katrina
October 17th, 2017, 03:47 AM
My current goal is knee. There's still 4-5 inches to go. I am past mid-thigh length now and I really like this length (50"), but I also want to test my hair genes to see, how long it will grow. So I will probably grow to terminal eventually and after I know my terminal length, I think that I will cut back to the longest still manageable length. I could be around knee. My current length is still quite easy to handle (and always up).

lottiealice
October 17th, 2017, 08:11 AM
I'd really like thicker, perfectly healthy knee length hair with a slightly fairytailing hemline and no chemical dye residue (henna only). I'm naturally auburn but after years of bleaching and dyeing it grows in more brown so I use Rouge by Lush to get that natural colour back.

I also plan on keeping my full fringe, practising some buns (*clears throat* or any hairstyle that isn't just two braids or a half-arsed messy bun). I love the look of viking braids and some victorian/rococo styles which would go well with my overall fashion (I wear Lolita).

Ultimately, if knee length isn't my terminal length (or providing it isn't shorter) I'd like to progress to terminal.

Suze
October 17th, 2017, 08:33 AM
My goal is waist which I should be able to reach by the end of next year. But I want a straight hemline too, which is going to take a whole other year because I have a very deep U-shape right now. Another goal is be able to do actual proper buns, which I still can't do at MBL, bit dissapointed about that. Ultimate goal of course is just be happy with my hair. :magic:

TatsuOni
October 17th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Terminal. I hope to reach at least knees and but no longer ankles, which is what I'm hoping to reach :)

Eastbound&Down
October 17th, 2017, 12:21 PM
My current goal is Hip, I was almost to waist and I had an accident with some fire and had to go back to square one. Now I'm back to SL+, hopefully I'll hit APL around March and then onward towards my goal. I'm not trimming, may cut in some bangs in January between challenges to change it up a little bit, but I think if I say strong I'll be able to hit hip by my 28th b-day.

Eastbound&Down
October 17th, 2017, 12:24 PM

Could you use chemical free dyes? I know that some brand of "temp" dye" carry black.

alimc
October 17th, 2017, 01:31 PM
My short term goal is waist length as ive never had my hair that long due to a pixie habit....
my long term goal is as long as it will grow as ive ALWAYS wanted to be the ‘long haired hippy lady’ of the village! At the age of 40 and with APL at the moment i reckon i can still achieve that goal... :cool:

alimc
October 17th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Right now I want to add some length because my son made a hair stick for me, but my hair is too short to use it. I might be able to do something with it at about APL.

That is SO sweet that your son made you a stick.... :love:
You should be able to use it at APL, i’m able to use mine at that length. Although mine wasna’t made by my son... enjoy it!

Twig
October 17th, 2017, 02:25 PM
I want to improve the texture...it's naturally coarse, which is kind of a blessing since it doesn't tangle easily, but it's dry and lackluster down the last six inches of my hair. Really dry. So I'm not coloring anymore (18 months now, it's something like 60% silver now), not flat ironing the way I used to, and I'm set up for a long awaited ($) GM treatment tomorrow for a deep conditioning session, etc. The texture at the roots is better, and it's not splitting and breaking so easily these days, so that's an improvement.

I want it long enough to keep it in a braid all day long, without it unraveling despite the layers. I'm growing out the bangs, too. This appointment is the only thing keeping me from getting a big chop or grabbing the hair dye box, which I know I will ultimately regret. I hope it helps. Eyes on the prize, eyes on the prize.

AmberJewel
October 17th, 2017, 03:15 PM
My immediate goal is to work on thickening up the ends. They are so stinkin' thin! I'm always embarrassed to wear it down because I feel like everyone sees the terrible condition of my poor little ends. :( At the same time though, I don't want to cut. I love the length and never want to have it short again!

Long term goal is somewhere between fingertip and knee length, because it just seems so appealing to me. But once I get there I really want it in decent condition so I can enjoy having it down occasionally.

Afanen
October 17th, 2017, 04:34 PM
Grow out my weird fuzzy short broken hairs so my hair gets a bit more thickness to it. And have more regular trims because when I didn't trim my hair was a MESS and pencil thin at the ends. Fairy tale ends are pretty but not on frizzy damaged hair.
Lengthwise, I want to get to at least waist for awhile and then just maintain and cut out all the bleached parts gradually. Then grow back to TBL.

amiraaah
October 17th, 2017, 05:13 PM
My short term goal is to reach hip length hair and to thicken my ends because it seems thin.
And my long term goal is classic length hair,it is a very beautiful length and appeals to me.i also like it's name "classic" a pleasant word.

Obsidian
October 17th, 2017, 05:24 PM
I guess my first goal is to stay away from henna and let my natural color grow in. After that its actually letting my hair get long enough to use a stick/fork. I don't have long term goals beyond not ever cutting it in a pixie again. I like to have it short sometimes but the grow out just takes too long and looks horrible.

bparnell75
October 17th, 2017, 05:26 PM
I am currently about 2" from my goal of almost classic. After that I will trim to maintain. I do not want to sit on hair. I need this length to do buns I like.

CindyOfTheOaks
October 17th, 2017, 05:57 PM
I am currently about 2" from my goal of almost classic. After that I will trim to maintain. I do not want to sit on hair. I need this length to do buns I like.

And my goal is to have to move it to sit if it's down.
I'm getting close and will probably keep it there for a bit...and then...who knows !

Dark40
October 17th, 2017, 07:56 PM
My short term goal is waist length as ive never had my hair that long due to a pixie habit....
my long term goal is as long as it will grow as ive ALWAYS wanted to be the ‘long haired hippy lady’ of the village! At the age of 40 and with APL at the moment i reckon i can still achieve that goal... :cool:

My goal is ankle length. Which is a length I have never had before in my whole entire life. Now, my hair is waist length, and that's the longest my hair has been in my whole entire life as well. But I'm going to keep growing my hair until it can't grow anymore. Or, until terminal length. I never thought that I would reach waist length either but I did! :D

Robi-Bird
October 17th, 2017, 08:36 PM
Current goal is classic. Currently it's BCL. I have never had hair this long, the longest it was before I grew it out this time was midback, and my goal length keeps getting longer, every inch is a milestone, and I enjoy it. I think passed classic and I won't be able to take care of it easily, and if it becomes too much work, I know I'll lope it off. So classic it is.

unheardletters
October 18th, 2017, 07:27 AM
My current goal is hip length. Then I plan to maintain for a while until my layers catch up - I figure about 2 years. Then my ultimate goal is at least fingertip length, possibly much longer, but it will depend on how things go. I will never go shorter than hip length again.

Dendra
October 18th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Length: I'm curious to see how long my hair will get, so my goal is terminal, but I'll stop along the way if I find the perfect length.

Colour: My goal is to grow out all of my remaining dye. It's at the bottom of my ears and my hair is very nearly BSL, so it might take around 1.5 years as I trim the dye off gradually.

Layers: I want all one length hair and right now have four different lengths. I have shorter bits of hair that I've had to trim because of dye damage, and two layers of bangs growing out.

tjaska88
October 18th, 2017, 01:53 PM
My goal is ankle length. Which is a length I have never had before in my whole entire life. Now, my hair is waist length, and that's the longest my hair has been in my whole entire life as well. But I'm going to keep growing my hair until it can't grow anymore. Or, until terminal length. I never thought that I would reach waist length either but I did! :D

I am past APL and going for WL..
never had longer hair as BSL....
lasts forever:(

Garnetgem
October 18th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Up to now its knee length(been there before) but at the same time am curious to see how long it can get so who knows may go for longer..goals change all the time!

GrowlingCupcake
October 18th, 2017, 04:13 PM
My current goal is classic. My ultimate is to see how far I can get it to grow. I'd also like to eventually have it all the same length.

Synester
October 18th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Hair goal, hitting tailbone right now. Ultimate goal, Classic. With nice thick blunt ends. Not too much to ask for yet it feel so impossible.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 18th, 2017, 07:01 PM
At the moment, Knee-to-Calf length with tidy ends. Note, I say "at the moment", as this could change :p LHC-itis, you know, lol.

MoonRabbit
October 19th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Current goal is BCL. My ultimate goal is term.

krispie
October 21st, 2017, 07:07 AM
Current goal is hip lenght, ultimate is tailbone. And I'm trying to grow out my layers :)
Right now it's at bra strap, and I'm thinking I'll reach waist by June.

Zebra
October 21st, 2017, 01:36 PM
I am not sure. I would like it to be past shoulder length at least. I liked having it at midback length years ago but I don't think I actually want it longer than that. It was easy to manage. My other goal is healthy scalp.

It feels good to have hair no matter how short it is.

Dark40
October 23rd, 2017, 02:17 PM
I am past APL and going for WL..
never had longer hair as BSL....
lasts forever:(

Congratulations on passing APL! My hair was BSL for a while, and I had figured that my hair was going through a resting phase. I've that at times your hair does go through resting phases. It doesn't mean that your hair stops growing. The growth is just resting. The longest my hair had ever been during my childhood was MBL before nowadays with it now being at WL.....Yes, it does last for ever:( But with proper care it will grower a lot faster.

tjaska88
October 23rd, 2017, 02:29 PM
Congratulations on passing APL! My hair was BSL for a while, and I had figured that my hair was going through a resting phase. I've that at times your hair does go through resting phases. It doesn't mean that your hair stops growing. The growth is just resting. The longest my hair had ever been during my childhood was MBL before nowadays with it now being at WL.....Yes, it does last for ever:( But with proper care it will grower a lot faster.

Thank u so much:) I think I am in growing phase momently. Do u have some proper care or routine suggestions??

yahirwaO.o
October 23rd, 2017, 02:32 PM
I am not sure. I would like it to be past shoulder length at least. I liked having it at midback length years ago but I don't think I actually want it longer than that. It was easy to manage. My other goal is healthy scalp.

It feels good to have hair no matter how short it is.

You just read my mind!!!!! Currently I cut my hair again in a perfect A line Bob and started flat ironing my hair after so much years of not doing it. I feel better now and while my goal is APL Mid Back I canŽt be bother growing it in updos and hair looking particulaty boring to me so I just prefer to wear it down while looking styled and neat under my own eyes ;)

Renora25
October 23rd, 2017, 03:24 PM
I think my ultimate goal is hip length. Right now I am only at shoulder length, so I still have a ways to go.

I guess the reason that that is my goal is because it seems to be the my versatile. I could do braids, buns, hair sticks, or down. Also I want princess hair :p

lapushka
October 23rd, 2017, 03:50 PM
I grew to classic September 2015, reaching my goal length. It was the length I had as a young teen, age 10/11 and I had never again reached that length until the age of 44. So... a long time. :)

I cut back to hip November 2016. Maintaining classic had gotten to be a chore after a year.

Classic is my cut-off point, TBH, the point at which it becomes a little more difficult for me to 1/ care for my hair 2/ wear my hair. At night when I wear it loose for instance and I need to use the bathroom - it gets a little... annoying past classic.

So my new goal is to grow on beyond classic. I am TBL now, but will probably reach classic again come September 2018. I truly want to try and see what it is at longer lengths. So we'll see how far I get. ;)

Let's grow to classic again first, right? ;)

Dark40
October 23rd, 2017, 04:23 PM
Thank u so much:) I think I am in growing phase momently. Do u have some proper care or routine suggestions??

You're welcome very much:) My hair is also going through a growing phase momently too. Oh sure, I do have some proper care routine suggestions that I can give you. What I do is I use shampoo on my hair every other day. Instead of every single day, and I co-wash twice a week. I used to co-wash 5 times a week but I had to stop doing that. Because, it was leaving a build-up on my hair. Plus, it was having it appear frizzy-looking on the ends. So, now I shampoo 3 times a week, and I co-wash twice a week.....I also deep condition twice a week. One day I deep condition with a light protein/moisturizing conditioner, and then on another day I will use a deep moisturizing conditioner. For both treatments I leave the conditioners in my hair for only 15 minutes without any heat, and my hair always comes out amazingly soft, shiny, and healthy looking and feeling!!!!

Dark40
October 23rd, 2017, 04:33 PM
I grew to classic September 2015, reaching my goal length. It was the length I had as a young teen, age 10/11 and I had never again reached that length until the age of 44. So... a long time. :)

I cut back to hip November 2016. Maintaining classic had gotten to be a chore after a year.

Classic is my cut-off point, TBH, the point at which it becomes a little more difficult for me to 1/ care for my hair 2/ wear my hair. At night when I wear it loose for instance and I need to use the bathroom - it gets a little... annoying past classic.

So my new goal is to grow on beyond classic. I am TBL now, but will probably reach classic again come September 2018. I truly want to try and see what it is at longer lengths. So we'll see how far I get. ;)

Let's grow to classic again first, right? ;)

Hey, I have an aunt on my dad's side of the family that used to have hair at classic length back in the 1960's. She hasn't had hair that long ever since.:( She always keeps it cut short. That's because she doesn't like long hair. I love it! I'm a long hair lover! I wish that I was like you ever having hair as long as classic length before. But I have a good feeling that since I mostly have my dad's genes I will grow classic length or longer someday soon! I also think that you will reach classic again come September 2018. Yes, it would be nice to try and see what it is at longer lengths! I feel the same way you feel. I also to see how far I will get too.:D

lapushka
October 23rd, 2017, 04:41 PM
Hey, I have an aunt on my dad's side of the family that used to have hair at classic length back in the 1960's. She hasn't had hair that long ever since.:( She always keeps it cut short. That's because she doesn't like long hair. I love it! I'm a long hair lover! I wish that I was like you ever having hair as long as classic length before. But I have a good feeling that since I mostly have my dad's genes I will grow classic length or longer someday soon! I also think that you will reach classic again come September 2018. Yes, it would be nice to try and see what it is at longer lengths! I feel the same way you feel. I also to see how far I will get too.:D

Well good luck to both of us then, right? :D :flower:

Woohoo, let's grow! :cheer:

Dark40
October 23rd, 2017, 05:04 PM
Well good luck to both of us then, right? :D :flower:

Yes, right! :D:flower:

I am now waiting until I grow out of the WL phase!:)

QueenMab
October 23rd, 2017, 05:21 PM
Current goal is to just have healthy, strong hair and find the best routine to take care of it :) Long term goal is to get somewhere around classic length, if I can!

tjaska88
October 24th, 2017, 01:09 AM
You're welcome very much:) My hair is also going through a growing phase momently too. Oh sure, I do have some proper care routine suggestions that I can give you. What I do is I use shampoo on my hair every other day. Instead of every single day, and I co-wash twice a week. I used to co-wash 5 times a week but I had to stop doing that. Because, it was leaving a build-up on my hair. Plus, it was having it appear frizzy-looking on the ends. So, now I shampoo 3 times a week, and I co-wash twice a week.....I also deep condition twice a week. One day I deep condition with a light protein/moisturizing conditioner, and then on another day I will use a deep moisturizing conditioner. For both treatments I leave the conditioners in my hair for only 15 minutes without any heat, and my hair always comes out amazingly soft, shiny, and healthy looking and feeling!!!!

O, great! My routine: I wash only 2x per week. Shampoo and conditioner. Shampoo with protein, K-pak, Conditioner Joico Moisture. 2x weekly deep condition: once with mix of oils(ricinous, cocos, khadi vitalizing and amla oil, and liquid e-vitamin), second protein with eggyolk, honey, i add some aloe vera juice or jogurt (before I wash). I use NO heat, absolutely no on my hair, sleep with silk cap and detangle every day 3x (gentle:))) I use only henna and indigo 2x month (before wash).Cleansing once a month with normal shampoo without protein. I also use vitamins, b-complex, biotin, e-vitamin, c-vitamin->that are the supplements...
My hair looks healthy, think they will grown hmm.. i hope i hit BL somewhere in April, Mai, 2018.. but it lasts tooo long:)))))

Dark40
October 24th, 2017, 01:54 PM
O, great! My routine: I wash only 2x per week. Shampoo and conditioner. Shampoo with protein, K-pak, Conditioner Joico Moisture. 2x weekly deep condition: once with mix of oils(ricinous, cocos, khadi vitalizing and amla oil, and liquid e-vitamin), second protein with eggyolk, honey, i add some aloe vera juice or jogurt (before I wash). I use NO heat, absolutely no on my hair, sleep with silk cap and detangle every day 3x (gentle:))) I use only henna and indigo 2x month (before wash).Cleansing once a month with normal shampoo without protein. I also use vitamins, b-complex, biotin, e-vitamin, c-vitamin->that are the supplements...
My hair looks healthy, think they will grown hmm.. i hope i hit BL somewhere in April, Mai, 2018.. but it lasts tooo long:)))))

O, your routine sounds great too! Oh, I love Joico K-pak products! I also use them sometimes too. Esepecially, whenever I want to a protein treatment. I also use all sorts of light oils on my hair as well. Like, vitamin e oil, coconut oil, carrot oil, amla oil, jasmine oil, and tea tree oil. I also do hot oil treatments whenever they are needed(especially when my ends are dry). Many years ago when I was a teenager I used to do hot oil treatments twice a month. They did help tremendously! I also use box dye to color my with once every 3 or 4 months. I can't use henna on my hair. Because, it's relaxed. My natural hair texture is curly but I get it relaxed every 3 or 4 months. Whenever I do my hot oil treatments I mix a few drops of vitamin e oil with some TCB Naturals Scalp Conditioner, and that really works my hair wonders!!! And, that's about it:))))

My goal is to grow my hair to HL by the summer of 2018. But my long-term goal is to grow my hair all of the way to my ankles. Hopefully, by the year of 2021. So, I've got a longgg way to go!!!!:)

lithostoic
October 24th, 2017, 02:14 PM
My current goal is to get to hip. I love super long hair on other people but I don't like much of anything on myself. My hair is too unremarkable for that kind of attention. Maybe someday I'll grow to tailbone.

Dark40
October 24th, 2017, 09:22 PM
My current goal is to get to hip. I love super long hair on other people but I don't like much of anything on myself. My hair is too unremarkable for that kind of attention. Maybe someday I'll grow to tailbone.

My current goal is to get to hip length hopefully by summer of 2018 too. I love super long hair on myself. Yeah, super long hair isn't made for everybody. Tailbone maybe a nice length for you. That's not too far from hip.

Andthetalltrees
October 24th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Waist for now, But tailbone is my next "big" goal. I'll only go past tailbone if it doesn't get to be too much by that point, I really want finger tip at some point or possibly even longer if I can handle it. I'm not so sure though because I remember starting to really hate my hair much past tailbone, Though I know my routine and the condition of it was much worse then.

Xan
October 25th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Up to now its knee length(been there before) but at the same time am curious to see how long it can get so who knows may go for longer..goals change all the time!

They sure do I originally wanted waist length now I'm almost at classic but I'm sure I want knee. I find myself thinking ankle to floor would be fun.

Xan
October 25th, 2017, 05:08 PM
At the moment, Knee-to-Calf length with tidy ends. Note, I say "at the moment", as this could change :p LHC-itis, you know, lol.

I totally hear you on the LHC-itis. Its like the longer it gets the longer you want it.

Beeboo123
October 25th, 2017, 05:15 PM
My realistic goal is to power grow it to classic (stretched) with no trims. I’m at hip (stretched) now. I reckon it won’t take more than a year.

After that, my somewhat unrealistic goal is to be able to maintain between classic and FTL (unstretched), so that I can trim it refularly to finally have a blunt, thick, slight U-shaped hemline with no layers and NO FRIZZ (yeah the last one is never going to happen...)

Kitt3n
October 25th, 2017, 05:19 PM
I'm growing my hair to hip length and I think that's where I'll maintain but it's definitely addicting to keep growing, so I'll see how I feel. I'm not a big fan of wearing my hair up though and past hip might be too much to handle with sitting on it. Lol

racheldelrey
October 25th, 2017, 05:36 PM
My ultimate goal is tailbone length! Long hair has always made me feel feminine and beautiful. But I've never had it that long before!

Current goal is to get my shortest layer (currently growing out an angled bob) to BSL. Or.. really, my current goal is to stop obsessing over the length. haha.