PDA

View Full Version : It's not two-toned. It's ombre ;)

Rufflebutt
August 16th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Ombre hair has been in fashion for a while. And now, reverse ombre is now starting to become really popular. Right now I'm basically reverse ombre, since I'm growing out black dye.

It makes me feel better about growing out my hair since right now, my two-toned look is in fashion. :p

Sylvestrix
August 16th, 2012, 06:07 PM
This!

Ironically I did this to myself on purpose (bright red roots with burgundy-ish ends), and people have been commenting on how I have 'lego hair' for years. Now, all of a sudden, I'm 'in'! xD I've never been 'in' before...it's different...it's interesting! (Gold stars to those who get the quote =D)

lmfbs
August 16th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Is reverse ombre just where the top is lighter than the bottom? Or is that the other way around? I'm so off trend!

Rufflebutt
August 16th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Is reverse ombre just where the top is lighter than the bottom? Or is that the other way around? I'm so off trend!
Ombre is where the top is darker than the bottom. Think bleach blondes with some roots growing it. And reverse ombre is the opposite, with the ends darker.

Alexblue
August 16th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Ombre is a great trend simply because you do not have to go to the hair salon for touch-ups/roots. I had it for a year.

Laziness is the ultimate trend-setter!

earthnut
August 16th, 2012, 06:28 PM
I think silver reverse ombre looks awesome! (like this: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.dailyfinance.com/media/2011/04/gray-haie-240cs041911.jpg)

It's great to be able to take advantage of a trend while making your hair healthier at the same time isn't it? :D

Are you going cold-turkey on the dye? Or are you doing some glazing or highlighting to make a longer transition?

Rufflebutt
August 16th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Ombre is a great trend simply because you do not have to go to the hair salon for touch-ups/roots. I had it for a year.

Laziness is the ultimate trend-setter!
I'm loving this trend! It's so convenient that it's coming into popularity when I'm trying to grow out dye. c:

Rufflebutt
August 16th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I think silver reverse ombre looks awesome! (like this: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.dailyfinance.com/media/2011/04/gray-haie-240cs041911.jpg)

It's great to be able to take advantage of a trend while making your hair healthier at the same time isn't it? :D

Are you going cold-turkey on the dye? Or are you doing some glazing or highlighting to make a longer transition? Cold turkey all of the way! I haven't dyed or heat styled my hair since June and I feel no urge to. c: I'm pretty proud of myself.

Amber_Maiden
August 16th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Oh awesome!! Then I'm in lol!

Bianca
August 16th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Ombre hair rooocks :cheese:

Amorice
August 16th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I have a blonde/purple reverse ombre! Though right now its blonde/pink-y magenta. Will have to get photos after my next touch up!

kitcatsmeow
August 16th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I almost dyed my hair to get the ombre effect and then it occurred to me...grow it out. DUH! lol. About 5 more months and I'll have perfect ombre hair!

spirals
August 16th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Every winter I end up with ombre because of summer sun-bleaching.

vanillabones
August 16th, 2012, 09:10 PM
I must be alone because I hate ombre hair, I like dipped though, and reverse ombre is pretty cool!

Cafe au Lait
August 16th, 2012, 09:41 PM
This!

Ironically I did this to myself on purpose (bright red roots with burgundy-ish ends), and people have been commenting on how I have 'lego hair' for years. Now, all of a sudden, I'm 'in'! xD I've never been 'in' before...it's different...it's interesting! (Gold stars to those who get the quote =D)

Friends!

Ombre with red sounds interesting. I haven't really seen anyone with ombre hair around here yet.

justgreen
August 16th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I love the ombre look. *not a quality post*:D

Arya
August 16th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Interesting. I hear that a lot of the current trends (long hair, ombre, reverse-ombre) are actually to do with the economy. No one can afford going to a high end salon every four weeks anymore. Makes sense to me!

earthnut
August 16th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I must be alone because I hate ombre hair, I like dipped though, and reverse ombre is pretty cool!

I don't care for dipped, but I love the more natural-looking ombres. :p

battles
August 16th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I don't like it.

But then again, I've got a few inches of ashy blonette roots and then henna red to APL. I'll just pretend I'm being fashionable.

vanillabones
August 16th, 2012, 11:29 PM
I don't care for dipped, but I love the more natural-looking ombres. :p

Oh me too, virgin ombres I like since they look so natural, (from the sun) my hair will probably end up that way someday, dunno if I will do tinted hair glaze or not!

KittyBird
August 17th, 2012, 02:05 AM
I've got reverse ombre too, I'm growing out henndigo and replacing it with henna. My hair is dark reddish-brown with red/orange roots. I feel so fashionable :p

Tota
August 17th, 2012, 02:55 AM
I consider myself extremely lucky that after years of bleaching and dyeing I decided to grow out my virgin hair exactly around time when the ombre look came into fashion (without knowing about it when the decision was made).

So I got comments like:

At first: "You look nasty, yuck, bleh!"
Then: "Wow, your haircolor is amazing, such a natural ombre look! How can I achieve this?"

My friends' opinion literally changed over night :) But seriously, this trend helped me a lot! Now I really have a natural look beause my hair is significantly lighter in the summer and "greyish" in the winter.

oktobergoud
August 17th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Hehe I still have 'normal' ombre hair, am I out of fashion now? ;) I love ombre though! :D

MintChocChip
August 17th, 2012, 03:25 AM
I really love the look of ombre hair (reverse too!) but only on other people. I've done the ombre look (unintentionally, just growing out dye) and it looked very bad! :o

On other people though, I think it looks lovely!

Evadne
August 17th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I hadn't dyed my hair for a number of years but bleached the lower half of my hair, a few months ago, to get the ombre look.
Ever since it started popping up, I've loved it. Wanted to do it for a pretty long time and then finally caved in. I regretted it immediately after, only because of the damage but my hair's condition has gotten better and I love the look.

I'd love to have a redder ombre like some of you have mentioned. It sounds really pretty! I wonder how tossing some henna ontop of my existing coloring would turn out...

Hmmm... *returns to lurking*

Alexandriaweb
August 17th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I'm an accidental Ombre, I couldn't bleach the henna out so I have red at the bottom fading into turquoise on top :)

millyaulait
August 17th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I have reverse-ombre right now.... :cheese:

4C4rly4
August 17th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Yay I have ombre hair :D

Lostsoule77
August 17th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I almost have reverse ombre mixed with almost ombre! Does that mean I'm almost in? :p My roots down to apl are natural, the middle is demi permanent black dye, & the ends are where the black dye actually did come out of.

LoveSnap
August 17th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I dyed my hair a redish brown last summer. It didn't take well so I decided to just let it grow out. Over time the color got stronger and people ask me about the color like its new 0.o. Thank you, ombré trend. lol

sloth
August 17th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I never knew this was an actual thing! I'll probably have a nice reverse ombre once my hair gets longer, though. I have... ideas, because I always thought have a sort of gradient with hair color would be really cool. (I want to do red red at the top to a deep red toward the bottom... luckily that kind of works out because I use henna, and henna gets darker with each application.)

angelgypsy
August 17th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I just hennaed my hair but in about a year I'll let it start to grow out (if I have any left by then >_< ) I suppose the Trend will have passed by then! LOL

momoftwo708
August 17th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Can't wait to go to the salon after my wedding and go dark on top and little bit lighter on bottom :)

palaeoqueen
August 18th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I suppose this is what I have from growing out bleach, I have to admit I don't like it (on me at least).