PDA

View Full Version : I found a natural hair spray recipe

Dragon
August 16th, 2012, 07:33 AM
I’ve found a natural hair spray recipe I thought use might be interested in.
http://organic-oil.blogspot.com.au/2009/06/natural-organic-hairspray.html

DarkCurls
August 16th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Corn syrup, huh? I wonder whether it could be replaced by another kind of syrup. Maple, maybe? :p I have no idea where to find corn syrup.
I've never used hairspray myself (I always hated the smell of the store-bought kind), but the recipe is interesting.

afu
August 16th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Darkcurls I hear of corn syrup being used quite a lot in american recipes but i've never seen it here. In food recipes I always replace it with the golden syrup which is common here - maybe you get golden syrup in france too?

DarkCurls
August 16th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I had to google golden syrup to know what it was. ^^ Now that I know, I'm fairly sure I can find it here. :p Thank you.
I think it's worth a try.

florenonite
August 16th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I've seen a lot of recipes for homemade hairsprays that just use ordinary sugar, so I'd imagine golden syrup would work as well as anything else.

earthnut
August 17th, 2012, 05:07 PM
You might also be able to use honey. I know I substitute corn syrup and golden syrup with honey in recipes all the time.

T.J
August 19th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Hello everyone, sorry to bother, I was just wondering, since this hairspray would be made of all natural ingredients, is it totally safe to use? Or does it still have the same damaging effect as normal hairspray, like sticking the hair together or whatever it is that makes it bad, and is just slightly better because it doesn't contain alcohols and various other chemicals?