PDA

View Full Version : Belated Hairnaversary

BlazingHeart
August 15th, 2012, 10:33 PM
My Hairnaversary was actually in May, but I've been busy and sick and then on vacation, so getting a good update picture has not been high enough on the priorities list.

A normal year for me would be about 14" of new growth, but I had a health-related stall that lasted the first 5 months I was here on LHC, so I only had 5.5" of growth as of May. My hair is back to close to its usual growth speed, so the last two months have added another 2" and a bit.

Here's my first picture, which I took not long after I joined up here:

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/Songblaze/Dry.jpg

And here's where I am as of yesterday:

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/Songblaze/Hair8-15-12-1.jpg

The first pic was used for hairtyping, so my hair was just airdried with a minimum of touching; the second pic shows me after thorough brushing, but I didn't touch it until it was dry, so it is still more wavy than not everywhere except the very front. If I start on it while it's still damp, I can get it very straight, but I don't do that often as it's not good for your hair to handle it much when wet.

Anyhow, thank you to everyone on LHC who have helped me with my sometimes thorny problems, and thank you also to everyone who has helped me to stay inspired to grow.

~Blaze

Falcore
August 15th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Congrats on your hair anniversary!

Wow 14" a year.. I can only dream! You could get to my dream length in a second!

Glad you're over your stall and I do hope your health issues have been sorted.

Happy growing!

DancingQueen
August 15th, 2012, 11:21 PM
You have gorgeous hair, girl. Nice, thick, wavy and a beautiful color. and 14" of growth!? I would be lucky if I got 14 cm! :)

TheWhiteRabbit
August 15th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Very pretty hair. Good job.

Yozhik
August 16th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Happy belated hair-anniversary! :flower:

You have a gorgeous head of hair, and I love your wave pattern. :flowers:

Accalia
August 16th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Congrats! Nice to hear that you're back at your hair growth speed! :D

joflakes
August 16th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Looking lovely! =)

MintChocChip
August 16th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Gorgeous! Congrats! :)

CurlyMopTop
August 16th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Wow you have gorgeous hair! Happy anniversary. :D

Neecola
August 16th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Happy anniversary!! Beautiful hair and glad you are feeling better.

SerinaDaith
August 16th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Congratulations on the growth, I am glad that you are feeling better and can get back to growing!

jojo
August 16th, 2012, 11:14 AM
You get 14" a year is that a typo? I don't think I ever heard of anybody getting that much ever! I'm lucky to get 6" your so lucky if you do grow that much a year. Glad your health issues are sorted and your back on track, your hair looks lovely!

BlazingHeart
August 16th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Aww, thanks everyone. I was rather surprised to discover just how wavy my hair was! Pre-LHC, I always brushed it damp so it would 'behave' better.

And yeah, 14" a year is my normal growth, no typo. It's great when you want long hair, but a real pain when you want to keep it at a certain length. The soccer season used to include a lot of haircuts for me, because hair that was too long could result in being pulled and the league I played in didn't allow any hard objects in the hair whatsoever. With my hair as thick as it is, I've never mastered a bun held in place with ponytail holders, so I just kept cutting it, usually to chin-length near the start of the season.

The length you see my hair now is less than 3 years of growth from a cheekbone length cut, with the back cut short and the nape shaved.

~Blaze

BrightEyes
August 16th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful, I love your waves. And 14" of growth a year is amazing!!

Vanilla
August 16th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Congrats! Your hair looks great :)

swearnsue
August 16th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Happy anniversary, your hair looks really pretty. I hope you are feeling better.

jacqueline101
August 16th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Your hair is lovely.

rtree721
August 16th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Wow. Congratulations. I wish I had that kind of growth. It looks great.

Xi
August 16th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Happy anniversary!:toast: Congratulations -- your hair is looking so beautiful. Awesome wave pattern! :)

blondie9912
August 16th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Your hair is so thick and healthy! Very envious of your fast growth, wow! Even with your stall, you leave my half inch a month in the dust ;)

OUKess
August 16th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Beautiful hair BlazingHeart!!!!

BlazingHeart
August 17th, 2012, 12:58 AM
If it's any consolation, Blondie9912, I had my hair grow just 1" over the course of 7 months during that stall. It was very, very frustrating. But I finally got my thyroid hormone levels balanced correctly, and it slowly started chugging back to work.

After seeing these pictures, and seeing how much wave I have when I don't work with it, I'm kind of tempted to try out plopping and see what happens. Maybe I'd even get some curls! I've wanted curly hair since I was 12 or 13.

~Blaze

pink.sara
August 17th, 2012, 01:49 AM
That's some gorgeous hair!

And 14 inches a year?! Envious, very envious.

The-Young-Maid
August 17th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Happy Anniversary! You have lovely hair.:D

Aqua Gal
August 17th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Wow! Even with your setbacks, you are a fast grower. Your hair looks so pretty. Congrats on the anniversary.

CarpeDM
August 17th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Holy hair growth! Is it even possible to grow that much hair in one year! WOW!