PDA

View Full Version : Major trim.......cut

Shanarana
August 7th, 2008, 03:13 AM
I had to trim off about 2 inches of my hair last weekend......they were just so thin and wispy that it didn't seem to blend well with the length of the rest. My hair now is so much thicker at the bottom and looks better to me when worn down without a small amount of hair longer than the rest. I guess the "fairy tale" ends are not for me.

EvaSimone
August 7th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Yep fairy tale ends aren't for me either. After a lot of debating I trimmed an inch off once I hit waist length.

I was surprised at how nice my ends felt and how just an inch could make such a difference.

Shanarana
August 7th, 2008, 04:12 AM
It looks so nice on some people that I really wanted them myself at first, but I guess with my layers and thickness I just can't pull if off.

AJoifulNoise
August 7th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Yeah, I cut off about 5-6 inches recently due to thin ends. My hair seems so much shorter now! But, it was worth it. My ends are so soft and you can't see through them. I think I'm going to keep my blunt ends by trimming every so often. Fairytale ends make my hair look bad.

xrosiex
August 7th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I've been doing dustings to keep my henline alittle thicker. I love the look of fairytale ends, but not on me.

girlcat36
August 7th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I think I am stuck with fairy tale ends. Must.learn.to.love.them.

lora410
August 7th, 2008, 08:18 AM
I don't care for fairytale ends either. I did a 1/4 inch self trim the other weekend.

yogachic
August 7th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I'm another one who know's fairytale ends are not for me. I need a trim soon. Last trim was 6 months ago, Feb. '08.

Elleyena
August 7th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I'm about to go get a trim because my ends are looking awful...it's sad, because I'm probably about to lose a month's growth, but it needs to be done.

DarkChocolate
August 7th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I took off a little tail a few weekends ago.
You can see my before and after pictures in my album.
The thin ends were starting to get to me.
My longest hairs were actually at tailbone so I debated alot as to whether I wanted to cut them. I think my hair looks much better):

jojo
August 7th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I am a blunt end kinda girl too, my hair looks better this way.

XXX

FrannyG
August 7th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I love fairytale ends on others, but they are not for me, either. I learned that the hard way. That two inches will be back before you know it, and in future you can just get tiny regular trims, which will allow your hair to grow, while keeping it need and tidy. :flowers:

spidermom
August 7th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I took off a little tail a few weekends ago.
You can see my before and after pictures in my album.
The thin ends were starting to get to me.
My longest hairs were actually at tailbone so I debated alot as to whether I wanted to cut them. I think my hair looks much better):

Must remember; dark hair on dark shirts doesn't show up, at least not to these aging eyes. I'll take your word for it that your hair looks much better. Sometimes ya just gotta trim!

Euphony
August 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I bet it feels much better Shanarana!

I think I am stuck with fairy tale ends. Must.learn.to.love.them.
Hmmmm I have a tough time calling it fairy tail ends with a curly. You have clumping. I have clumping too which actually really drives me batty because my hair is wavy, but I can't keep the buggers from clumping. My clumps are awesomely thick...but that's because they gather all their friends up then leaving gaps between clumps.

It's the wonderful confusion of wavy hair, it's not beautifully full like straight hair, and not boingy clumps of curly hair - it's the bendy clump.

Shanarana
August 7th, 2008, 02:35 PM
DarkChocolate I've seen your picture and that's about the amount I trimmed of my hair, really does make a difference huh?

Shanarana
August 7th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Euphony It does feel so much better, I wish I had done it sooner but you know how we are about losing just the smallest amount of length.

Shanarana
August 7th, 2008, 02:39 PM
xrosiex I think I'll be doing the same thing....don't want the ends to get thin again.

catkin
August 7th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I also cut/trimmed my hair, about 3 inches, it was tailbone length, but now its waist. I was just getting so tired of having thin, dry, frizzy ends. i'm sorry at the loss of length, but overall my hair feels and looks way better.

Euphony
August 7th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Euphony It does feel so much better, I wish I had done it sooner but you know how we are about losing just the smallest amount of length.
Yesssss, I always dread my trim. She does a great job and it's only 1/4" twice a year...but that's a half an inch a year!