PDA

View Full Version : Bleached over hendigoed hair. No green, minimal damage. Yeah!

Hgunderman
August 15th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Hey all!

I just got back from having my hendigoed hair professionally bleached. I regret that I cannot give you guys more information, besides that she used Redken Blonde Dimension bleach powder and a very, very high volume peroxide, also from Redken. After she rinsed that out, my hair was mostly blonde all over except for a very stark line in the middle of my length that was orange. Very weird! Then she put a demi-permanent brown over that and there is very little red showing through. It was totally successful! And, I can't tell any difference in the condition of my hair. I'm almost 2 inches past BSL and I was sooo worried I'd have to cut it after all this, but the condition really is great. So happy with this! I feel triumphant over henna :cheer:

Once again, sorry for the lack of before pictures--I'm so horrible at this! I can say that my hair was pretty solidly fiery henna red. I had used a bunch of Color Oops and feel like I stripped out all the indigo so that may be why there was no green.

pullanmuru
August 18th, 2012, 02:10 AM
I had a two henndigo applications on my hair and it bleached quite well with manic panic's bleach 40 vol. I did some highlights to get an overall lighter tone to my hair and it worked nicely.

It didn't however do a thing to some of the 2 step henna + indigo black bits I still have in the tips of my hair length. So I still remain in the knowledge that 2 step henndigo is the one that's impossible to remove with anything other than scissors.

akilina
August 18th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Need pics!! :D

I just colored mine...its still wet and it is muchhhh closer to my natural. very very close. But the red still shines thru :(
Going to let it dry and give my hair another rest for a while. Not sure how I will tackle the rest of the red tones.

lapushka
August 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I just colored mine...its still wet and it is muchhhh closer to my natural. very very close. But the red still shines thru :(
Going to let it dry and give my hair another rest for a while. Not sure how I will tackle the rest of the red tones.

If it's that close to your natural color, apart from some red shine, then I'd leave it alone, yes. Who knows, this might be very easy to grow out.